Launches: IWasHere.One - POAP Framework & Applications for Harmony

Name of Project

I Was Here ⁠— Were You?

Application Type

Product Launch

:sparkles: Key Highlights

IWasHere.one is a Proof of Attendance Protocol (POAP) Framework for the Harmony chain, with multiple applications, including:

• Issue POAPs for events and Harmony DAOs.
  • Claim POAPs.
  • Digital Identity: display and share your badges.
  • POAP Explorer: on-chain analytics for snapshots, airdrops, hiring, etc. See the growing world of POAPs and find synergies between people.

We believe we can create an innovative (Framework), fun (POAP Parties), professional (DAO tooling) POAP experience directly on Harmony, one of the leading chains for DAO formation and innovative dApps. We will work with top DAOs on Harmony to build the kind of POAP tooling they need.

:zap: Why AktaryTech?

AktaryTech (aktarytech .com) is a professional Web3 and dApp development agency. We’ve built a talented team, put in-place the best software practices, and committed ourselves to quality and code safety. We’ve helped clients launch automated trading bots, DeFi yield aggregators, lending protocols, developer education tools, on-chain games, and NFT marketplaces. Our skills in the entire Web3 stack are growing with every new project.

Every member of our team is passionate about Web3, participating in ongoing education, conferences, and meetups. POAPs are a big part of this, and Harmony with its immense DAO ecosystem, events and ambitions, is poised to be a leader.

We’re based in Austin, Texas, with remote employees around the U.S., and actively hiring new developers. We’ve recently put a bigger focus on marketing, with new hires to balance our development skills with abilities to find product-market fit (or in Web3, ecosystem-organism fit).

:trophy: Proposal Ask

$50,000 USD

Metrics for success

• $12K mobilizing AktaryTech’s service delivery team to IWasHere.one
  • $12K after launching a feature-complete product on Harmony testnet.
  • $6K after forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with Harmony DAOs.
  • $12K after launching on Harmony mainnet.
  • $8K after hitting 1K daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion).

The milestones below explain our usage of funds and timeline. Estimating 8 weeks until Mainnet deployment, 11 weeks until full product launch. To begin work beyond this, we need the first milestone payment up-front. Milestones after that are payable on deliverables.

Milestone 1: Begin Development Milestone 1: Resources
Deliverable Time (Weeks) Resource Quantity (FTE) Cost (USD)
Project Initiation and Planning 1 Engineers 0.5 $4,000
Design of System Architecture 1 Product Managers 0.5 $4,000
Design of User Interface 1 Design 0.5 $4,000
Time (Weeks) 3 Cost (USD) $12,000
Milestone 2: Deliverables Milestone 2: Resources
Smart Contracts 1 Engineering 0.5 $4,000
Deployed Smart Contracts to Testnet 1 Product Management 0.5 $4,000
Deployed User Interface to Staging 1 DevOps 0.5 $4,000
Time (Weeks) 3 Cost (USD) $12,000
Milestone 3: Deliverables Milestone 3: Resources
DAO Formation 1 Engineering 0.5 $4,000
Marketing 0.5 $4,000
Time (Weeks) 1 Cost (USD) $2,000
Milestone 4: Deliverables Milestone 4: Resources
Smart Contract Mainnet Deployment 1 Engineering 0.5 $4,000
User Interface Production Deployment 1 Product Management 0.5 $4,000
DevOps 0.5 $4,000
Time (Weeks) 2 Cost (USD) $12,000
Milestone 5: Deliverables Milestone 5: Resources
Marketing Engagement 1 Community Development 0.5 $4,000
Discord, Telegram, Twitter, Forum 1 Marketing 0.5 $4,000
Time (Weeks) 2 Cost (USD) $8,000

:link: External links

GitHub: AktaryTech’s IWasHere Repositories – AktaryTech · GitHub

Twitter: @AktaryTech (tbd - I.W.H. will have its own)

:pager: Backend

Harmony has excellent documentation that is a pleasure for developers to use. We’ve also heard positive developer experience stories that makes our team hopeful.

Smart Contracts

They’re ERC-721s. We can start by forking the poap-xyz contracts:

Tokenomics and Marketplace

To be determined whether IWasHere.one could create sustaining value in a token launch. If it helps sustain the development while providing utility and governance, then fungible and non-fungible tokens available in exchanged and market may be an option as well.

:seedling: Revenue Model for Sustainability

POAPs are free to create, issue and claim for small events. POAPs that require large events, large DAO giveways, etc. will pay for our premium version. Mechanism of freemium may be more Web3 based, as in staking a governance token.

We will create this decentralized protocol for Harmony, and we also believe it can be a sustainable business. Many POAP relevant metrics in Web3 are growing including conference attendance, hackathons, DAO meetings, developer education seminars, and more.

The POAP Explorer will be an advanced NFT Explorer with the goal of finding individuals and communities that have synergies together. This is DAO-tooling that can be used to find contributors and developers to grow their own ecosystem.

:busts_in_silhouette: Team & Experience

View this PDF for more about our team members and experience building Web3.

:memo: Contact Us!

Shane Neeley — sneeley --at-- aktarytech.com

Legal Structure: Aktary Enterprises LLC., 701 Brazos St #500, Austin, Texas 78701, USA

ENS: aktary.eth

ERC20 Address: 0x06A2f84bAb3872E04d9495bE8C43F9E2281411a1

Please feel free to post any questions you may have here or contact me directly on Telegram @chiggimps. We met Harmony team members Boris Polania and Denis Hristov at EthPortland 2022 and they were a pleasure to chat with.

They gave me other ideas for projects you need as well, like POAPS, Badges, NFT explorers, Multisigs (improved from Gnosis one) and On-Ramps. We’re a full service web3 development shop, and thought that POAPs would be a good start, but please keep us in mind for other applications too! Thank you.

1 Like

Hey there @chiggimps. Thanks for putting together this proposal!

I love the idea for POAP on Harmony, and it is something that many members of our community have voiced wanting to see on our chain.

I went ahead and reached out to you via Telegram, and I’m looking forward to setting up a call to learn more about this project, and discussing how the DAO Operations team can support you moving forward!

Excited to see where this goes :slightly_smiling_face:

-Rachel

1 Like

Thanks Rachel! I’m glad you find this useful. Harmony has a vibrant DAO network, so this would be the perfect chain to launch a new POAP framework.

P.S. I put Denis Hristov above but I meant Devin Marty :slight_smile: … Telegram messaging confusion. Anyway looking forward to a call.

2 Likes

The Harmony DAO Ops team will resume approvals and funding on May, 1st. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we learn best practices and navigate the proposal process. In the meantime, please take a look at the updated DAO Funding Guidelines.

note: this comment is not an approval of the proposal

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll be back in touch soon then. Anything my team should be doing now or after May, 1st to get ready for the next round?

Hello, @chiggimps

The Harmony DAO Ops team has decided to decline this proposal without prejudice. Please visit our Q3 and Q4 Execution Plan for more information.

I apologize that this process has been lengthy and drawn-out and I appreciate yours and the DAOs patience. Harmony and the DAO Ops team wanted to exhaust every option before responding with a declination. I’m looking forward to your success.

This thread will be closed.