Let's make Harmony more unique and distinguishable!

Howdy!

First off, I would like to thank everyone who voted in the Harmony Community DAO Elections! I am happy to be a part of the team, and you can see all the elected candidates here – there will be a forum post made detailing this soon!

But now to the subject at hand: making Harmony unique and distinguishable.

Above is the main website, staking platform, community forum and crazy.one landing page. While these favicons all differ in size, it’s hard to differentiate these pages from one another. I am sure you can see where I’m going with this.

@splat, The awesome artist working on Freyala and other projects, has put together a nifty new icon that could potentially be used for this forum.

TalkHarmony

I feel creating unique favicons / icons for each Harmony-related page would be a small but memorable change. If you’re someone like me that has multiple tabs open (woohoo, organization!), then it is helpful to be able to just distinguish pages instantly from favicons. Plus, they look cool :wink:

It is important to get the community’s thoughts on this! Feel free to leave any input or feedback below :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Modern, clean, I love it. Adheres to preset branding guidelines while providing distinguishing characteristics in tab view.

9 Likes

I completely agree, this is a great way to add some flavor and spice things up! You’re always coming up with great ideas Freya!

4 Likes

There’s even more websites using the same favicons: the block explorer and Horizon bridge use the same as well. I often find myself clicking through tabs to find the one I’m looking, so I hope this will help a bit.

4 Likes

great idea, lets make it so. i love that people are taking community initiative! hope the harmony team will take the time for these small, but very important changes. little things go a long way, people care for aesthetics a lot!

2 Likes

I absolutely agree with you, it would be great if every harmony.one subdomain could have its own distinctive favicon. I’m no desginer, though, so I can’t imagine what a favicon for the staking portal could look like. But if it can be done, it should be done. Little details like these do make a difference.

Regarding the forum favicon that @splat designed, I love it!

2 Likes

Great point! And your attention to detail is second to none. Look forward to seeing your thoughts come to fruition for Harmony

1 Like

This is a great addition would give Harmony flair, ease of navigation and clear visibility between all functions as the above members mentioned. Lets bring in creative arts :hugs:

2 Likes

This is a great idea it will certainly help those with plenty of tabs open to remain organised, whilst brining more life to the ecosystem with the differentiations.

1 Like

What a fun idea. I like the effort you have put in already.

2 Likes

I think it’s a good idea. And the logo design is cool.

But the favicons are really small: in the new post I would like to see them in tab size, as it’s quite hard to represent the brand while also making the different subpages distinguishable.

I support the idea, but every logo costs time and money, so I think it would be beneficial for the most prominent sites
(talk, staking, snapshot) only.

1 Like

This is a great idea! I have tons of tabs open as well and it’s kind of annoying to klick on all of them until you land of the right one.

You mention 4 (main website, staking platform, community forum and crazy.one landing page). I think this won’t be complete without the Explorer

This will give a more professional look to the browser experience. Goal should be to make everything look big boy AAA.

2 Likes

Splat is a great artist and yes this is a small but effective addition.

2 Likes

Done. What do you think?

5 Likes

Amazing!! Just noticed it :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Love it! Yesssss. I think that’s much better :slight_smile:

Whoa, that’s amazing!

1 Like

So great thanks @giv and @freyala :+1:t3:

1 Like