Harmony's Brand Refresh & DAO Campaign for ETH Denver

At ETH Denver, Harmony’s website will have a new landing page!
We also designed a “Brain Trust” campaign to promote Harmony’s $300 million in grant funding to support developing our open community of DAOs.

Watch here to see some of the design work with our graphic design partner, ADC -

17 Likes

2/4/22 - More updates on the Harmony brand refresh!
Check out sketches for the new UI design of Harmony.one and leaves your comments in Figma

1 Like

With all due respect, i personally prefer the current one as it makes me feel more harmonian rarher than black design. Black design would not be related with our blue heart as well.

Is it not possible to open a poll for this :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Not a fan, I feel this is something that @HarmonyCreativeDAO was working on refreshing the brand guide.

Also not sure why this comes up a week before Denver, there’s not ample time to gauge interest and discuss to the Community. I personally would not find it ideal to rush and push out there. Good metrics and breakdown on characters, font and etc. would like a more uniformed decision on the above.

Really wish this Design DAO could have worked on a landing with the @HarmonyCommunityDAO , we are in process of designing ONE and could have made less work for ourselves had we communicated . It’s still early contact us!

4 Likes

As a governor of the Creative DAO, I’m a little disappointed no conversations were held with ourselves regarding a brand refresh. I’m not sure what the Design DAO is either.

Hopefully we have some communication to see what this Design DAO is setting out to achieve as there has been no post regarding the formalisation of this DAO.

I though the plan with Harmony was to incorporate people into relevant DAO’s when they approach Harmony with ideas that fall into relevant categories. Yet we received no word of this.

@frwrdslosh is this who we were possibly having a meeting with that @Jacksteroo was going to arrange but never got back to us about?

Honestly, I’m surprised we didn’t hear anything about this, or at-least get approached for the Creative DAO members/communities input.

4 Likes

I like! A lot of thought and research went into this which I really appreciate. I need those socks🧦

3 Likes

My immediate first thought of the current logo is calm, tranquility, harmony, the sea l, the sky, openness light, nature …

The proposed one the immediate thoughts are ETH. Or a sunset ot ETH.

The Memphis inspection kind of reminds me of a mix of Bauhaus mixed with Gustav Klimt then rounded.
Don’t get me wrong there is something there just at this point it feels disconnected

Possibly the curves at the logo might need readjusting but need to see it in close inspection on my pc tomorrow.

There is definitely a need for refresh but let’s think about it a bit more. It feels rushed.

However if you are going to use this only at ETH Denver it looks like ETH compatible and i think it will work there. So you are generally in tune for the event ONLY.

After the event i think you keep the original logo and rethink the branding.

There are some good points from the presentation but the overall result to me does not feel Harmony.

I’ll have another look/ think tomorrow

3 Likes

Logo: can’t see much difference - I like that it stays true to itself

Font Change: good, the new one is much cleaner and more professional.

The new (dark blue) Color is really boring compared to old ones.
It went from fun, young, modern entrepeneurs to 90s tax institute.

Currently, I don’t see the art reflecting harmony. But maybe that’s something that grows on you. But I’m not convinced yet.

Must aggree with @Harmoniouschanel, the socks are aweseome! :smiley:

Note: I see how those teenagers are dressing, maybe my modern isn’t up-to-date with the youth. xD

1 Like

This update is fantastic. I think the changes make the network look more professional and legitimate.

This is just a proposal and the engagement predates the creation of Creative DAO. It is shared here so everyone in the community has a chance to review and provide feedback. This naturally includes Creative DAO and the Harmony core team! I myself just saw this for the first time today.

Design DAO is a WIP. Its mandates are different to those of Creative DAO, but naturally will be complimentary. More details soon.

5 Likes

Blue is much more embraced as a color, it’s easier to present than a dark logo, or a green logo, blue represents open spaces, freedom, intuition, imagination, inspiration, and sensitivity .

Thank you for the response Giv, I will share some feedback.

1 Like

I think overall the work completed looks positive, the changes to the logo make sense, I do however prefer the font style for the word ‘Harmony’ for the logo previous to the changes. I think the original font holds a lot of the Harmony identity within it.

Regarding the branding for ETH Denver, I like how much this scheme stands out, I’m not sure how this ties in with Harmony and what the blockchain sets out to achieve but could draw some attention. I’m questioning if this is something that should be used to show identity, as I’m not sure what identity it’s trying to portray. I guess it represents coming together, being different, but I’m wondering if this will make sense to the average person that sees this.

Overall, I believe the current Harmony font is part of our identity, the current Harmony blue to me should always be kept on our palette, but we certainly have fun along the way. I love the white-on-black logos, white-on-deep blue logos are incredible! We should have fun with branding and colors along with themes, however, I feel like the things that we incorporate should always represent what we do and strive to achieve.

3 Likes

I appreciate the intent here. The removal of the color gradient makes sense from a technical perspective and increases the viability of applications of the logo. The variety of colors is an improvement.

The downsides to me are glaring. All the life has been sucked out of the brand. It was a fun, crypto native vibe, and now it’s a soulless corporate shell.

Fixing the downsides while keeping the positive technical changes will make this significantly better.

2 Likes

Hello! I saw this on Twitter and with all due respect for the designers that put work into this “rebranding” this looks cheap and low effort. The whole talk about the feel that the font gives etc sounds like a bunch of bull to me… The current Harmony logo has that kick to it, the gradient is the best part about it. Moving to a monochromatic logo just takes the magic away from the logo. Please consider this as constructive feedback and just disregard this potential “rebranding” attempt. This looks like a downgrade. Also, the “y” in Harmony in the new font looks bad and botched…

If you want to make the brand more product/banner friendly, just change the color and adapt it to the background it needs to be on without chaning anything else. The logo is recognizable, the color scheme too.

And this is not a “New bad, old good” type of comment. If this rebranding attempt would have been genuinely good, I think everyone would have agreed with it.

1 Like

Hope this feedback finds you well.

I think the designers changes to the logo make sense, however I feel the colour selection could have been more eye catching.

I think that the logo could have been modernized and I also believe that there are a number of the community that could have been engaged who have great experience in branding.

The proposal I had in mind is different. Posted it here – Proposal for Creative DAO to manage Metaprints, a creative guild

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! This was was a quick (4 week) branding study and website refresh to clean up and address some consistent content issues on on the current website (it’s difficult to find the information you need, and understand how to join a DAO). We wanted to try some new design strategies to communicate the brand, and always envisioned this to be an iterative process. We’ll take the findings from this beta at ETH Denver and determine the best way forward from there. Cheers!..DesignDAO

1 Like

(1/3) Hey everyone! There’s a lot of placeholder content on the current site, so the look and feel will evolve when you see the next iteration.

We’ve been working with two great illustrators to communicate the Harmony brand. Here are a couple of examples…

Scalable, Secured and Decentralized…

By Martin Nicolaussen - https://www.martinnicolausson.com/

(2/3) Here’s an abstracted map of Denver, with the Harmony events highlighted -

Illustrator: Hanna Moe