MUDA: NFTs to support Agroecology

Name of Project

MUDA: NFTs to support Agroecology

Proposal overview

MUDA is a social currency created by a group of artists and activists to incentivize cultural, educational, and environmental actions in Brazil. Hosted by Cambiatus, Muda’s blockchain-based platform has over 4,000 members and 800 offers in its P2P store.

The currency operation started in December 2019 and as the pandemic hit Muda initiators designed a project to support the community of artists that had their income affected by social isolation. Through the partnership with Saúva, a philanthropic investor, Muda Picadeiro Digital (MPD) started as an innovative double small grant program, in which artists received MUDAs and Reais for their participation in a Livestream production. Since the artists were providing food for our souls, Saúva started offering organic food baskets in Muda’s store, food for the body. This allowed artists to access healthy food with their recently acquired social currency and also incentivized agroecological production through their purchase with fiat currency.

In 2020, MPD had 25 editions and supported 200 artists and collectives. More than 1,500 organic food baskets were distributed, from which 80% were destined to favelas and vulnerable communities. In 2021, the distribution increased to 2640 baskets and Muda established partnerships with 5 regenerative farming sites. Regarding artistic production, last year we received over 500 applications for the open call to be part of the MPD video exhibition.

Being able to purchase organic food using only a social currency attracted a lot of members to the community and highlighted the importance of our reconnection to sustainable agricultural methods.

Therefore, in order to diversify the funding methods to keep supporting and connecting artists, social investors, regenerative farmers, and consumers from vulnerable communities we ask for $21K to create an NFT collection using madnfts, where the funds will be divided between the artists and the farmers, enhancing the organic food distribution within the community.

We will use the Muda platform for exchanging these items, and madnfts to sell the NFT collection as a way to raise funds and support local farmers.

We will host educational events and workshops to help artists create their NFTs and purchase them for $50 - 100 (a practice that was made during Eth Rio and we found it was cool).

Meetups and online events to talk about Muda, explain the purpose of the NFT collection and engage the community into the agroecology and social currencies cause.

Our milestones are:

1. Host educational events to onboard artists into madnfts platform
  2. Open call for artists -
  3. Arts curation - Muda collection
  4. NFT auction
  5. Distribution of profits between artists and MUDA (50% each)
  6. Organic food purchase and distribution in the Muda platform throughout Brazil

Proposal ask

$21k

7k to onboard artists - We will pay $50 for their first minted NFT

7k to host educational and community events about arts, agroecology

7k to invest on community engagement around the NFT auction

Metrics for success

New artists onboarded into madnfts

Number of NFTs minted

Amount raised with NFT sales

Resources distributed to artists

Resources to purchase and distribute organic food baskets

External links

http://www.muda-oe.com/

4 Likes

This is a great project! Totally aligned with harmony’s purpose to create a radically fair economy. Hope you guys like it :call_me_hand:

1 Like

This sounds great but we can only do $10k for a Project Y grant. If you can realign the funding numbers to make this project work under those guidelines, we can fund this @luizhadad

1 Like

Hi Adrian, so great to hear that :partying_face:
Here’s the updated Proposal ask:

We ask for $10K to create an NFT collection using madnfts, where the funds will be divided between the artists and the farmers, enhancing the organic food distribution within the community.

3k to onboard artists - We will pay $50 for their first minted NFT

4k to host educational and community events about arts, agroecology

3k to invest on community engagement around the NFT auction

1 Like

Sounds great! @adrianrobison ! @flaviagoma sent updated numbers and I believe we can still run it this way :slight_smile:

Sounds like a great project! I approve - Project Y.

1 Like

What a great project and team! As a part for Harmony Y, I approve this proposal!

1 Like

Hello everyone, very happy to share these achievements, as I couldn’t insert files in this post, here’s a photo of all the media about us since the launch of nfts.

this is an actually good proposal. I like it

Hey @Boris_Polania I think @flaviagoma did not receive the grant amount yet. We’re waiting for it to do the next steps. We already have 10 artist down to create the NFTs and support agroecology efforts

We’re also drafting a press release to send out to the Media