Name of DAO
Vegan Africa DAO
Project X Grant Proposal
The Vegan Africa DAO will drive the marketing efforts of the Vegan Africa Fund (VAF). The Vegan Africa DAO amplifies the VAF network through strategic marketing and NFT launches. A Project X Grant will enable us to establish the DAO initial governors and launch + market a Governance Token on Harmony, with a goal to drive over 10,000 new users to the Harmony blockchain.
Problem to be Solved
Environmentally-minded investors are looking for a way into crypto that is aligned with their ethics, and we are excited to offer a solution.
Africa has some of the last remaining strongholds in the world for animals to exist in harmony with their ancestral land. These natural landscapes are under threat from unnecessary animal agriculture expansion across Africa. At the same time, there are thousands of environmentally-minded start-ups and established businesses that are seeking funding to scale production and offer global consumers sustainable vegan products made in Africa.
Our Three Mandates
Vegan - Elevate, through marketing, the profile of African-owned ventures focused on vegan production, and individuals focused on an eco-conscious lifestyle. Create connections linking vegan African companies to global distributors and customers.
Africa - Increase cultural sensitivity to the plant-based legacy of Africa through education. Strengthen the pan-African and global African diaspora community through art and events.
Fund - Direct capital into strategic campaigns to grow the Vegan Africa Fund liquidity pools. Launch NFT initiatives to fundraise for the Vegan Africa Fund and vegan African initiatives.
The Vegan Africa DAO will launch 10,000+ NFTs with utility to support the Vegan Africa Fund. Funds raised are invested in environmentally conscious start-ups. Holding one of our NFTs allows you to redeem it for vegan products made in Africa. The DAO will launch a governance token on Harmony as soon as possible, with a goal to draw 10,000 new users to Harmony through the Vegan Africa DAO.
The treasury of the Vegan Africa DAO will initially be directed following the funding request below. The treasury will be used to create, market, and sell high-value digital media and assets, build community infrastructure, and drive new members into the DAO, with funds generated supporting the Vegan Africa Fund. Long-term, the Vegan Africa DAO treasury will be directed by the community that holds the soon-to-be-launched Governance Token on the Harmony blockchain.
Deliverables for First 3 Months
- Recruit final governors for the Vegan Africa DAO to be onboarded by Month Two.
- Determine artist(s) to design the NFT collection, where NFTs are redeemable for products from Vegan Africa Fund portfolio ventures.
- Consult with experts to create tokenomics structure for the Vegan Africa DAO Governance token.
- Launch an NFT collection that uplifts African artistry and enables us to fundraise for the Vegan Africa Fund.
- Deploy a marketing campaign, assess performance on a weekly basis, and adjust marketing channels and parameters accordingly.
- Raise exposure of the Vegan Africa DAO through podcasts and digital media.
- Soft launch of governance token and educational materials around this token.
- Recruit potential second-term governors such that over 12 potential governors are available for the first election, which will require governance tokens to vote.
- Vegan Africa DAO Governance token Airdrop. Reward those who have contributed to the community.
- Create a funding request for Harmony DAO funding to continue the Vegan Africa DAO expansion and capacity.
Metrics for Success
- Launch a 10,000 NFT collection, where in the future, each NFT is redeemable for a gift basket of African-made vegan products.
- Create a campaign to meet the Vegan Africa Fund’s initial funding goal of $500,000 through token sales while growing the community.
- Launch governance tokens and distribute them to active community members.
- Bring 10,000 new users to Harmony through the Vegan Africa DAO.
Path to Self-Sustainability
- 3% of all funds raised through token sales will be re-directed to the Vegan Africa DAO for increased fundraising and marketing efforts.
- The Vegan Africa DAO will apply for separate grants to enhance its operational capacity.
- As the Vegan Africa DAO helps fuel more investment into the Vegan Africa Fund, it increases the Vegan Africa DAO treasury.
- Continued NFT launches with the utility in the Vegan Africa network.
- Sunny Satva - Founder of the Vegan Africa Fund, an angel investor in the first Kenyan-owned vegan protein production company, Vegan Basket. Author of two vegan cookbooks, bioengineer by training, passionate about reaching Sustainable Development Goals through impact investing across Africa.
- Shaila Agha - VAF Advisor and Director at Grassroots Economics, Kenya-based digital finance disruptor focused on providing equitable solutions to historically financially underserved communities. Multi-media artist.
- Melinda Wavamunno - Uganda-based Branding Expert and Branding Consultant for the Vegan Africa Fund. Head of Marketing at Uganda Fashion Week, digital branding expert.
- Florence Hanampota - Zambia-based founder of Eden Home Vegan Foods. Community leader, and alternative protein innovator. Cultural expert and African art and conservation enthusiast.
The above governance team will onboard the 5 other initial governors during the first month of the Vegan Africa DAO operations.
Next DAO governance election
- The initial governors will onboard the final 5 governors during the first three months of Vegan Africa DAO operations.
- May 1st Election for the second cohort of VAF governors.
- Once nine governors are established, apply for a Harmony DAO Grant.
We are requesting a Project X Grant of $20,000
Project Link: https://VeganAfricaFund.com
VAF White Paper (Fantom-based Token): https://wp.vaf.one
Project Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm0WMJI-nSU