Nifty Row NFT marketplace for the unsung (African arts)

Name of Project

Nifty Row NFT Marketplace for the unsung (African arts)

Proposal overview

An NFT Marketplace for African arts which currently averages about 1/5 of the world trades in traditional contemporary arts at $60 Billion. Nifty Row is designed to supports audio and visual arts including both digital and contemporary fine arts. Nifty Row has a simple mission to empower the African art community to leverage blockchain technology to eliminate the issues of trust, authenticity and provenance of artwork while improving time to market.

The Nifty Row NFT marketplace is current in alpha stage and running on the BSC network. The goal for Nifty Row is a target of 100,000 users in Q1 2022, 250,000 in Q2 2022, 500,000 in Q3 2022 and 800,000 in Q4 2022. The marketplace require an estimate of $2 Million to meet its set goals. Our roadmap: “Q1 2021: Technology Evaluation, Product Design, Project Planning. Q2 2021: Application Development, Blockchain integration, Partnerships sign-ups, Quality Assurance.
Q3 2021: Wallet Integration, Testnet Go-Live, Marketing Plan, Partnerships sign-ups. Q4 2021: Marketing campaign, Private-sale. Q1 2022:Mainnet Launch, Mobile App Development, DeFi Development, Pre & Public-sales, EX Listing”, we will need to expand our technical team
]

Proposal ask

$100,000

Metrics for success

In order to be successful, we will require an estimated average daily sales volume of $1,000,000 from an average of 500 units at $2000 per unit

External links

https://www.niftyrow.io , https://www.niftyrow.io/pdf/NiftyRowDeck.pdf, GitHub - Nifty-Row/yasuke , Nifty Row NFT market - YouTube

1 Like

Thanks for the submission @onibz. I would like to introduce this proposal to our recently approved Harmony Africa DAO for potential collaboration. In the meantime, I have a few questions:

• Can you please elaborate on where the requested $100,000 would be allocated?
  • What are your current statistics in terms of user count, daily traffic, and daily sales?
  • Can you describe how Harmony fits into your Q4 and Q1 2022 roadmap in more detail?
  • Are you looking to launch on both BSC and Harmony?

Thanks and looking forward to your follow-up!

Cheers :blue_heart:

Hello Dpagan, thanks for the response, my answers are below.

Can you please elaborate on where the requested $100,000 would be allocated?
$10k product development/QA/Testing from Alpha to Beta on Harmony blockchain
$10k community development and engagement (Nifty Row DAO)
$10k Support for Mainnet launch (Cloud hosting, Network Security, Third tools & Support,)
$40,000 Operations (gallery toolkit, integration, training and support)
$30,000 Marketing

What are your current statistics in terms of user count, daily traffic, and daily sales?
Yet to launch, still on testnet (BSC)

Can you describe how Harmony fits into your Q4 and Q1 2022 roadmap in more detail?
Harmony grant will support our product development from Beta on the Harmony testnet to mainnet. Furthermore, the grant will aid a soft launch by end of Q4 2021 and a mainnet launch in Q1 2022

Are you looking to launch on both BSC and Harmony?
We plan to launch on Harmony because of its support for assets, collectibles, identity, governance and its cross-chain bridge for asset transfers with Ethereum, Binance and others.

Hello [dpagan-harmony,

I wanted to let you know we just successfully deployed our smart contact on the Harmony One testnet:
https://explorer.pops.one/address/0xe700cc341e0aecefc2ff0c1cb68c5a43127a7877

1 Like

Thanks @onibz and my apologies for the delay.

Following up to your response, it sounds like there’s no current working product with active users and daily traffic. That’s not an issue but it means the grant type and amount changes. That said, this proposal fits best to the Launch grant based on the guidelines at Apply for Grants or DAO

Applications of each launch must have prototyped a feature-full product. Harmony helps incubate these founding teams with product development, fundraising, and talent recruit.
We recommend a $50K equity-free contribution each:

$10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet,
$10K after forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with our DAOs,
$10K after launching on our mainnet with audit,
$10K after 1K daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion),
$10K after 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process).

Moreover, we recommend a 5-out-9 multisig account on Gnosis Safe with 3 governors from the project team, 3 governors from the project community, and 3 governors from Harmony DAOs – namely, ONEcommunityDAO, ONEdeveloperDAO, ONEincubatorDAO.

In all cases, we ask for 3-month exclusive campaigns with Harmony before more porting with other chains. We also offer follow-on investments – see 50 Investments ($20M) above; but, at the moment, you must have an outside, lead investor for us to match the funding terms. All codes, development materials and production assets must be fully open, preferably with MIT or BSD licenses; weekly updates must on sent on forum; and, all server deploys or mobile apps must be easily clonable.

Q: Can we agree to the above terms?

The grant amount for launches is capped at $50,000 and funding requires a working product on our test net. Above $50,000 and we’re looking at a potential port, but that requires a fully operational and active product with an existing user base on another chain.

Yes we agree on the Launch grant offer ($50K) and we ready to proceed with the guidelines and getting our smart contract verified and working on the testnet. Many thanks also for your reply.

Great and looking forward to working together. See instructions below for next steps. In the meantime, I strongly suggest you reach out to and collaborate with our new Harmony Africa DAO (pinging @ep2338). The collaboration could lead to some cross promotion for your efforts in the African arts and raising awareness of each other’s work.

That said, this is approved for $50K Launch grant. Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing this built out with the first milestone for a Testnet Launch built on Harmony :tada:

“Testnet Launch” means launching a feature-complete product on Harmony Testnet. We define feature complete to include a user interface, connection to a wallet (Metamask, Harmony ONE Chrome Extension, etc.) on Testnet, and can be tested end-to-end by at least 100 users.

Funds will be released upon completing these milestones

$10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet
$10K after forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with our DAOs
$10K after launching on our mainnet with audit
$10K after 1K daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion)
$10K after 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process)

Meanwhile, to prepare receiving funds, email your identification documents to kyc@harmony.one and create a Gnosis Safe MultiSig wallet at https://multisig.harmony.one and using instructions below
:arrow_right: Setup Gnosis Safe with MetaMask & 1Wallet

Checkout the Funding FAQ for further info at Harmony Funding FAQ. Join the Harmony Grants Telegram channel to share your story and to gain partnerships there by growing your own ecosystem.

Please join the Harmony Grants Telegram channel and Harmony’s Discord server.

We’d love :blue_heart: to see weekly updates on this thread here, to keep the community posted on this proposal’s progress!

Yes, please ping me @onibz, and join @harmony_africa_dao on Telegram :slight_smile:

Awesome, that is fantastic news and thank you and the Harmony team so much for this grant it will go a long way in realising the vision for our project. Sure, we will reach out to Harmony Africa DAO.

Hello, we are delighted to join the Harmony family and looking forward to collaborate with Harmony Africa DAO. i will reach out on telegram.

2 Likes

Sounds great and good luck on the project!

Enjoyed your presentation this week. I think “NFT’s for Africa” is a really interesting play and something Harmony should back

However, I would suggest moving away from formal / old-school art driven focus, and consider looking at real world valuable assets. I think that might help crack Africa, faster!

Hello and Happy New year Daniel, just wanted to give an update.
We have now concluded the “Testnet Launch” i.e. a feature-complete product on Harmony with 100 unique users. This may be verified via the Harmony testnet explorer for our verified smart contract:

I wanted to add that we had tremendous help and support from the Harmony Devs group and much thanks to Victa (@sprect8) from the group for pointing us in the right direction on getting our smart contract deployed and verified on the testnet.

1 Like

Hi there! :blush:
How are you doing with the grant?

Have you already figured out how to form a DAO?

Hey @onibz and thanks for correcting the UI issues on testnet. There’s two other functions which appear to need some adjustment.

When trying to mint, if you select “Digital and Curated” and “Movies and Animations”, when you uncheck Movies the file type stays on MP4 or MP3 despite Digital and Curated being the active selection.

For Movies and Animations, I would imagine that MP3 is not needed or applicable. Should this be removed?

Can this be adjusted? Thanks!

1 Like

`Hello Andrew, thank you from reaching we are about to begin receiving the grant and putting it to use. We have also formed a DAO and have nominated Genesis Council and we have also active in the Harmony Africa DAO for possible collaboration.

Hello Daniel, thank you for pointing out the issues, they are now resolved/adjusted accordingly. Also, i have emailed a photo of myself and ID to kyc@harmony.one.

testnet milestone has been funded: Harmony Blockchain Explorer

1 Like

Hello Lij, thank you for the notification, i am pleased to confirmed reaccept of the testnet milestone grant payment. On behalf of the Nifty Row team i will like to say thank you to the Harmony Grant team we appreciate the support.

2 Likes