PHP Class, API requests for scripting languages, and Harmony Node API Explorer

WEEKLY REPORT: 2022-5-24

The addition of POST requests is finished. I also added a section to the output showing a simple javascript code for the current request that can be copied and used as a starter script. Added code highlighting on the explorer output pages, rearranged the file structure some and altered code for the changes. Added a sample code to jstest.html for POST requests as well. All that needs to be done to finish this product is a bit of documentation. I have also started working on the minimal class setup for just adding the class to your own PHP project.

I sure hope somebody actually looks at this and responds because I am sick worrying whether I just worked 3 months on this for nothing or not. There has not been a response from Harmony to this bounty for over 30 days now.

1 Like

@Jacksteroo Please check out the guyā€™s updates. Man has been very diligent and seems to be doing some important work.

Side note- The team has its hands full with a lot of work and Iā€™ve seen a lot of posts that need attention not being looked at. This isnā€™t really a scalable way of operating this forum so please do look into getting some help with moderation/interaction with posts

1 Like

Thanks for the assist. I posted in the developer-dao channel on discord yesterday again and no response there either. I am honestly starting to think they had no intentions of ever paying me for this. I wish they hadnā€™t gotten my hopes up like that, I really didnā€™t need it. Now to explain to my wife that we probably just stayed home for three months so I could do this in my spare time for nothing. Iā€™m about to go from hero to zero. :disappointed:

Wouldnā€™t worry about it, this was approved by @Jacksteroo and it would be out of character for Harmony to decide to stop funding approved projects without public communication. Unfortunately lot going on in the market.

Your communication completing the bounty has been exemplary and hope you continue building on Harmony. :+1:

1 Like

Yeah this lack of communication is rather frustrating to see even as an outsider looking in so I can understand how it must feel for you.

I raised your case to @dpagan-harmony on Reddit as well in the comments section.

Iā€™m not familiar enough with PHP to personally attest to your work but i think itā€™s clear you have put an incredible amount of effort into this tangible dev work. Things like these are most likely a direct value add to Harmony and i think itā€™d do the team a mountain of good to focus on these.

@jbeltran @cheualx Please do check this thread

Thanks, but at this point I have lost almost all faith in this agreement. It is too bad because this is the type of stuff that makes a good project fail miserably (Harmonyā€™s, not mine). I just REALLY didnā€™t need to be lifted up and let down like this. Iā€™m just an average guy struggling to get by. This could have changed my entire year. I donā€™t know what I am going to do after this. I have already started another really cool project for the Harmony community (I think if Harmony knew my idea they would shit themselves in excitement) but I am seriously considering scrapping it before I get too deep, or maybe moving it to a different EVM chain. What is happening here is not a sign of a sustainable project.

1 Like

Hello @ILL_DIE_TRYING

Have you submitted a pull request? And you said you have submitted KYC information. Have you been able to find other signatories for the multisig?

Bounties arenā€™t my speciality, but I believe in order to receive the funds you must first complete the bounty.

@Jacksteroo

The bounty will be done in one or two days.

I KYCā€™d right after I was awarded the bounty. Although since it is a bounty I wasnā€™t required to.

The image handles the rest.

2 Likes

New domain. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I am happy to announce this bounty has been completed (other than the few hours of bug management for the next year).

Please refer to my final report:

If there is anything you would need added to this report, please feel free to let me know.

@Jacksteroo
@jbeltran
@cheualx
@kenny
@tacoinyournacho
@dpagan-harmony

I would also like to thank community members that helped out an encouraged this project:

@StrongMindsHold For encouraging me to apply for this bounty
@sick_of_this for assisting for nothing in return. Muchos Gracias!

Everyone else that commented or liked, thank you so much.

Iā€™m not sure exactly what needs to happen to move forward beyond this so any help in this area would be greatly appreciated. Iā€™m hoping it wonā€™t be another month+ before I get a response again.

Cheers Everyone!

3 Likes

Absolutely amazing job dude! Congrats on finish the work.

The hard work and dedication you put into this clearly shows. This is exactly the kind of work that enriches the ecosystem.

As a community member, thanks for the efforts!

1 Like

This is really just the beginning of my journey. I have ideas and plans to take PHPH1 to new levels over time. But it sure helps getting paid for some of the initial foundational work on it. I wish I tracked my time from right when I started because I put some serious time into this project long before the bounty time. Just for posterity. The early days are the hardest.

3 Likes

Iā€™m stoked to see that you pushed through it all! Also curious on what you are working on next :thinking::smiley:.

1 Like

I wish I could say something because I am about to go crazy holding it in. But I am a slow one man team right now and if I say something, some killer young dev would come in and snatch up my idea. I have a very rough prototype startedā€¦ but its not anything I would show anyone yet. Aaaand it uses PHPH1 at times. :slight_smile:

Edit:
If I had a small team of talented modern web developers thoughā€¦ ooooh buddy

Let me know how I can help if ya need it!

Hey @Jacksteroo

Letā€™s get some eyes on this approved bounty.

@ILL_DIE_TRYING did you submit the pull request on GitHub?

No I am not working on a Harmony project. This is my own project from scratch that was approved.

Sorry I forgot to reply to you.

I just wanted to share this. The massive uptick is after my Reddit post announcing it was ready. Iā€™m still digging through other reports but so far it seems legit. I also set up Google Analytics on it today for more data.

Update: I think it is some sort of bot. Iā€™m unsure of who it is crawling for or what they are looking for. Might be a fuzzing operation maybeā€¦ If so, let them bring it. It will be a good test.

1 Like

HAHAHA this goes right along with your username! Excited to see this in action