Play 4 Change DAO

Name of Project

Play 4 Change

Proposal overview

Play4Change was born with the purpose of generating financial inclusion, educational empowerment and social transformation leveraging blockchain play 2 earn games. We are an organization that focuses on social impact in underrepresented communities in developing nations. Besides giving them opportunities to generate income we also hold educational sessions on a weekly basis covering hard skills such as blockchain, crypto, financial literacy, how to use digital wallets as well as soft skills like leadership, communication and creativity. People that did not have bank accounts now are leapfrogging the system by using digital wallets and transforming their financial reality. We see games offering a door to enter this new web3 world, learn about crypto and our community is changing their lives. We are currently working with 2 games, Axie infinity and Thetan arena, providing scholarships, training and education to underserved locations.

We are operating for the past 6 months in 3 states in Brazil with over 80 people being impacted financially and over 150 people being impacted with our education sessions. We are exploring platforms to build our DAO so we can decentralize the organization and issue our governance token P4C to recognize the value brought by the community. More than funding we are looking for human resources and guidance on how to structure the DAO, automate our processes and scale our business. We are expecting to reach over 500 people in the next 6 months. We need blockchain developers and support from Harmony to build it, we would also be able to test potential Harmony blockchain games such as Defi Kingdoms within our community.

Proposal ask

50k to invest in NFTs for new teams and Lands in games
Blockchain developers to support the creation of the DAO
Expansion to more states in Brazil and more countries

Metrics for success

Current metrics:
Players: 82
Games: Axie Infinity and Thetan Arena
Education sessions held: 10+
Non-profits partners: 3
Countries involved: Brazil, Spain, France and US
Core team: 8 people
Discord: 80+

12 months Future Metrics:
Players: Reach 500 players in the next 6 months and 2k in the next 12 months
Future Games: Defi Kingdoms
Future Countries: Venezuela, Costa Rica and Angola
Core team: Add blockchain developers
Discord: 800+

External links

https://www.play4change.io/

1 Like

Thank you for submitting a proposal to Harmony’s $300M Ecosystem Fund

We are in the process of reviewing your proposal. We would also love :blue_heart: to have the Harmony community participate to ask questions and provide feedbacks.

If you have more details to add, please do so by replying to this thread.

1 Like

@victorcaribe I hope you’re doing well. I’ve read through the proposal and I’m curious to know if you’re applying for a DAO grant, or if you’re looking for guidance on how to form a DAO. My suggestion is to begin by looking at existing DAO proposals and how they’re structured. You will need:

• Overview and three mandates.
  • Team - List of nine governors and their focus/background.
  • Work you plan to tackle to accomplish the mandates.
  • Ask - What funding in $ USD are you requesting and where it will be allocated.
  • Metrics - How you plan to measure your success.

Examples:

Once you have the focus, the team, and the details ironed out, please come back and create a new proposal using the structure I provided above.

**I think what you’re doing in Brazil is great and I’m looking forward to seeing that passion translated into a new DAO proposal with more structure! **

Let me know if you have any questions. You can reach me here in messages, Telegram, Discord, Twitter, and Reddit.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.