RPC DAO Council Q1 2022 Candidate: Angry_Boo

Hi,

I’m new to the harmony community but somewhat experienced at maintaining harmony explorer nodes.

I’m very enthusiastic about delivering high quality RPC services to users of the harmony network.

I’d be happy to be a part of the conversation for this effort. I have self funded explorer nodes on bare metal servers in the US used for my own use and as part of the pocket network. (I am independent and not a part of the pocket team).

I am setting up additional harmony explorer nodes in Asia and I have a load testing application to measure the latency my configuration can achieve.

I’ll be happy to support others in setting up the harmony explorer node and to supply Linux support with queries and commands etc. I can also support others with downloading the snapshots and utilising these. I can also talk through the hardware and bandwidth requirements and talk through the options of setting up the nodes on Digital Ocean, AWS, or on bare metal.

An exercise I’m particularly interested in sharing with others is the tailored load testing based on real use from dapps like defi kingdom to ensure the configuration is successful in delivering fast responses for all types of relay requests.

Let me know if you have any questions and I’ll do my best to answer. Even if not a governor on the dao, I’ll be an enthusiastic participant in the discussion to deliver a diverse range of operationally resilient RPC services for the network.

What I’d like to do:
Measure the quality of the experience users of various RPC services have. This can be done through independent objective and repeatable tests to give a report on the overall uptime/availability of services. Comparing fuzz to pocket for example and supplying real-time analysis of the health of these endpoints.

Engage with the communities on reddit, twitter and elsewhere to share the monitoring resources available to help users to choose the best service for their needs.

Communicate directly with the RPC service providers to feedback on the health and quality in order to bridge the communities together.

Who am I?
I have a technical background in IT delivery, building test frameworks and strategies for enterprise scale organisations.

I run geth, harmony and other nodes and experience optimising architecture to deliver high quality low latency nodes.

I also have significant experience leading business change activities for major institutions, supporting users of all levels of ability to engage with new concepts and technologies.

1 Like

Hey!

You didn’t apply within the candidacy window. However, if you could just confirm your intension to run, please.

Any response on this via other channels?

No there has not been a response here or through other channels.