RPC DAO Special Election - Kenny

Harmony Community,

I announce my candidacy for an open governors spot in the RPC DAOs special election.

I have been a member of the Harmony community since October 2021 and have closely followed the evolution of the Harmony Foundation, EPOS, and DAOs. I am a Harmony Launch Grantee and currently working on releasing a mainnet beta for my project on the Gather.Town Metaverse in Nostalgea a Pikzel / CryptoArcade collaboration. You can visit my office here www.bouncepass.one and take a look at the progress. Customized staking portal and smart contract interaction for MetaMask and WalletConnect will be up in the next few days.

I am also working on the DAO Toolbox: Treasurer Wallet, which gives DAOs an easy way to grant non-custodial staking roles to treasurers.

As a newer web3 developer I really enjoyed the ability to plug in

providers = “https://api.harmony.one

and not have to signup for something or worry about reliability, knowing my blockchain data would just load on request.

I learned that relying on only one RPC endpoint was not an optimal solution. But it shouldn’t mean that it needs to be any more complicated for a developer than plugging in a few lines of code.

I would like to be a part of creating an incentivized, secure RPC node community that can handle the requests required to scale to billions of regular users that can communicate with the blockchain seamlessly.

One segment of the Harmony community that greatly needs RPC reliability is power users, including trading bots and DApp developers. This group should be encouraged to scale but at a certain size the costs on the network need to be addressed through supporting and incentivizing RPC Nodes or running RPC Nodes themselves to handle the traffic.

This economic balance will be key in keeping the Harmony blockchain healthy and the community happy.

My DAO Philisophy
DAOs have been discussed at great length within the community and we are starting to see the evolution of DAOs utilizing the financial support and guidance from the Harmony Foundation. I know of no other blockchain that is supporting such a large project focusing on the early stages of DAO creation and destruction. Many of these DAOs will fail and some already have. This isn’t wasted money but a wealth of information on why DAOs do and do not succeed, paving the way for the DAOs of the future.

I believe a DAO governor role is one of educated decision making utilizing community support. Efficient use of funding to advance metric based goals supporting the DAOs mandates is the most important role of a DAO Gov in the early stages of growth.

With the communities support I would like to advance the mission of the RPC DAO through transparent, efficient governorship.

Thank you for your time,

Kenny

LinkedIn
GitHub

2 Likes

I would love to have you on the team! Glad to see your app! Thank you :slight_smile: :blue_heart:

1 Like