RPC DAO Council Q1 2022 Candidate: I Bless the Rains

Hey, my name is Nick, and I’m running for a seat on the RPC DAO Council. For the past ten years, I have been actively helping improve open source software across many platforms. I have continuously helped drive innovation, implement change, and advocate for best practices in the related fields. I currently work in bleeding-edge cloud design, automation, and management for Electronic Arts.

The primary focus of my campaign will be architecting the globally redundant geolocation-aware infrastructure that routes RPC calls and mindfully delegating tasks efficiently and fairly. Designing this correctly the first time is of paramount importance. The Harmony network has already faced a significant history of high latency, prolonged outages, and a lack of transparency. We now have a reputation to rebuild. Regarding task delegation, I plan to assess each applicant’s proven work history and availability to promote a healthy network-first mindset when assigning.

When it comes to availability, I have ideas for implementing systems that will reduce MTTD (Mean Time to Detect) and MTTR (Mean Time to Recovery). Doing those and lowering MTTA (Mean Time to Acknowledge) through automation will reinstill a sense of trust in the community.

My passion for improving the standard we hold ourselves to is the reason why I’m officially announcing my candidacy for the RPC DAO Council. Elections start Wednesday, February 23rd . Can I count on your support?

Specifically, I am seeking vocal advocates to confirm their confidence and reasoning. Public endorsement inspires confidence in potential advocates. I welcome any questions, suggestions, and direct contact via the mediums below

Discord: DirtyCajunRice#0001

Telegram: @DirtyCajunRice

Thank you so much for your time, and I hope I can count on your vote and support.

Sincerely,

Nicholas St. Germain

I Bless The Rains Validator

11 Likes

Glad that someone capable and community driven wants to help harmony. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you for running! I’ll be sure to vote!

2 Likes

Great to see your app!

2 Likes

In the time I’ve gotten to know Nicholas he has shown that he is a very intelligent and capable individual with knowledge in many relevant areas.

I believe you would be an asset to the team, thank you for running.

2 Likes

Nick has been helping us in our discord server and I can vouch that he works not only really well but very hard too. He is basically ready and available at any time of the day and no task is too big nor too small for him to perform.

I would love to see him get the seat. He is one we can count for

2 Likes

Could not think of a more qualified and excellent candidate! Would be honored to have him represent me.

2 Likes

We could definitely use your skills on this team. You will be an asset to not only this team but to Harmony period. Happy to see you apply! And thank you for doing so :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Impressive candidacy announcement. I like the thoroughness and preparation. Excited to see the results

#BigBrain

Voting is now live! Snapshot