Snook - Onboarding Harmony

Name of Project
Snook

Proposal overview
Snook is the first game in a new NFT crypto-space – one that determines the face-value, and influences the market value of NFTs through measurement of skilled “work”. It’s a crypto meritocracy and similar to that thing your parents used to say: ‘if you work hard and apply yourself, you’ll reap the rewards’…

This merger between a relatively new, decentralized, trust-agnostic, and immutable economic paradigm and one of Humans’ most popular pass-time - gaming - is surprisingly natural and seamless. Players spend time playing. They develop skills with patience and persistence. Until today, their efforts were measured in their score, ranking and/or character evolution. Rewards were emotional and social – it felt good, and you got “street cred” from the relevant community. However, like all economies, if one invests work/effort/energy in something, it should be possible to exchange the “fruits” of that labor with other things that store value. Those could be money (e.g., Fiat or FT/cryptocurrencies), commodities (which are still fungible, i.e., they are the same and replacing one with another does not affect its value), or non-fungible items (e.g., NFTs). Which leads us to Snook – a game that allows players to monetize their performance and capture their unique gaming achievements in their NFTs. Moreover, Snook makes certain achievements especially difficult to realize, allowing exceptional players to make their NFTs very rare and therefore very valuable.

As such, Snook is a stepping stone towards:

• Curtailing inflation in the NFT market by providing a value metric that is not only based on buzz and speculation.
  • Bringing the cryptocurrency and blockchain economy and ecosystem closer to mainstream economy and day-to-day transactions.
  • Realizing a working model for capturing the value of skill and performance

Snook’s introduction

P2E
Snook is a P2E game that utilizes the blockchain as a states management layer and ever-mutating NFTs to capture the user’s progression.

The basic P2E mechanism in Snook is Pay Per Kill, Users are rewarded for each time they kill another user in the massive-multiplayer arenas of Snook. The PPK rewards are a direct derivative of the mint value to create a character in the game which leaves the game with a self-sustained and a never inflated economy (read more: Snook: Economy Upgrade — Light Paper. December 2021 | by Snook | Medium).

Each kill may lead to a snook part (trait) drop on the map (drop chance probability) which mutates the user’s Snook (NFT); with the right combination of traits the user might unlock and ascend into a Special Skin. Special Skins are the key to gain access to the Seasonal Ladder where all the best players are competing for the top prize pool.

Project status
Snook is live on Polygon since early September 2021. We have been focusing on stabilizing, optimization, and scale-proof product for the past few months and we are now moving forward with new feature developments.

Over 240,000 snooks have been minted to this date and about 3000 daily active users playing the game with minimum marketing efforts and budget to this day. We are currently expanding our reach to new networks, allowing players from different network to play together/compete in the same arenas while keeping the economy on each network self-sustained and as a piece of a single economy.

Near-term roadmap

• Multichain - We have finished with our multichain architecture as stated above and we are aim to support up to 3 new networks, with Harmony as one of them (read more: Two Major Announcements. It’s time for our… | by Snook | Medium)
  • Big Boys Table - Allow users to create their own rooms, backed by smart contracts, to stake any amount on their skill. Player will compete with other users for the entire winning pot; put your money where your mouth is (5 weeks~ to launch)

Team members
Valdimir Raim - Master of Tech

Vladimir is our Techi Rockstar. He’s like a Rottweiler – when he sinks his teens into a problem, he doesn’t let go until it’s solved. Vlad combines deep academic knowledge (B.Sc. and M.Sc. from The Technion – Israel Institute of Technology) with industry acumen amassed in over a decade of leadership tech positions in multiple successful ventures (2 exits).

Hosam Mazawi - Head of knowing first & Crypto KoL

Everyone that matters in the global crypto and DeFi community knows Hosam.

He’s that guy that is always “in the know” – it’s quite irritating. Early crypto adopter and DLT enthusiast, Hosam has made an international name for himself as a trusted and astute analyst, “seer” and in recent years trader. With multiple DeFi ventures under his belt, publications, and an unrivaled network of industry KoLs, he was recruited in 2018 to serve as Cointelligence’s Chief Strategy Officer.

Michael Elbaz - Leader of Product & Tech Strategy

Michael is magic. Autodidact, Michael is a natural leader, tech entrepreneur, strategist, product wizard and avid gamer. Setting up his first successful gaming business at 16, Michael accrued in his 15+ years career an impressive record of successes (2 exits, adtech) and broad experience working with some of the world’s largest tech companies. He loves creating products, making money of them and playing.

Snook 's team consist of 17 full time employees

Harmony launch event
For each new network to be supported for Snook’s user, we are going to celebrate and host a special event inside the game for a limited time. During the event players will be able to collect gifts upon kills and unwrap them for the possibility of $SNK, native tokens or special traits (for a one time limited edition Harmony special skin). Gifts are dropped only for users who switch their network and play via Harmony chain to celebrate and ensure the adoption of the chain.

During the event the look-and-feel of Snook to be branded in Harmony as part of the celebration.

Above: Collect special traits during the event and the right receipt to unlock this Harmony limited Special Skin

Audit
Our smart contracts have been audited by Consensys Diligence

Proposal ask
$50K to be used for the following:

• Onboarding to Harmony
  • Private RPC provider to support seamless experience for Harmony users
  • PR, Marketing & KoLs
  • Harmony’s launch event prizes
  • Some gas fees

We would also want to open a decent size liquidity pool on one of Harmony’s DEXs therefore, it will be great if the foundation can chip in an extra $50K to be used solely as a liquidity (this can be managed by the DAO and doesn’t need to go through our hands)

Useful links

• Coingecko: coingecko. com/en/coins/snook

• Dappradar: dappradar. com/polygon/games/snook

• Website: playsnook. com (new website to be launched in a month)

• Twitter: twitter. com/Playsnook_com

• Discord: discord. gg/snook

2 Likes

Thank you for submitting a proposal to Harmony’s $300M Ecosystem Fund. We are in the process of reviewing your proposal and will assign a representative on behalf of the Grants Ops team.

We would also love :blue_heart: to have the Harmony community participate to ask questions and provide feedbacks.

If you have more details to add, please do so by replying to this thread.

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for applying for a port grant on Harmony.

We are generally reducing our approvals of ports from other chains, but are always open to new submissions. In looking at the dappradar data, what led to the big jump in new unique wallets created (users) around April 2022?

1 Like

Hi Papi, sorry for the late reply; we are busy with the new game mode release.

At the end of March we have released the Battle Arena game mode. The game mode itself is addictive and the trait drop chance increased, which allowed users to mutate their snooks to special skins in a faster phase; progression was more notable from the end-user perspective. on top of that, at the end of the BA match users were able to share their winnings directly to Twitter which to our delight, derived a significate organic user acquisition.

Feel free to jump into Discord and play with our community

Hey team - I’m at an offsite this week so, wanted to give you a quick update so you know I’m not ghosting you. I’ll be sure to review next week when i’m back.

1 Like

Hey @Michael_Snook - thank you for sharing your proposal with us. I want to provide you with an update on our grants program. The text below is a copy/paste, but I am sending it with the same TLC that I would send any personalized message with. I care about your game and simply want to see you succeed.

As you may be aware, all funding for grants and investments are on hold. I would like to invite you to join our discussion here so that you can be fully informed and stay in the loop as things unfold.

That said, I want to encourage you to continue building/growing. Our goal is clear: to make Harmony the leader in gaming and to make it as easy as possible for you to build, launch, and find success with your game. Most importantly, we care about the relationship we can build together. Please reach out to me on Telegram so we can make this happen. As you build, you still have access to our team for technical support. As you gain user traction, there are many ways a partnership with Harmony can lead to great things - even without funding.

Today, we released this video to highlight the many features that makes Harmony a great place for web3 gaming:

Thank you for considering Harmony as the home for your game launch. I look forward to cheering you on and am here to assist you in any way I can.

Matty