Where do the proposals registered in harmony.one website go?

Hello
This proposal participated in the pitch organized in LA, on March 29th, 2022.
And it was submitted to the website www.harmony.one/daos
But we never received a notification by email, and as the PrintScreen below says, no further move is necessary.
In any case, we decided also to post here and pretty much looking forward to hearing from the Harmony team :wink:

Name of DAO

[Aldeia Crypto]

Proposal overview

[ The value our DAO brings to the Blockchain ecosystem is that we are a large group of people from arts, crafts, and many other activities connected to mindfulness, wellbeing, and social justice that advocates for peace and collaboration (co-creation), and environmental responsibility.

Although we have highly skilled and experienced professionals involved, none of us is at an ‘ivory tower’ calling participants to get to know crypto. We are a community, and our potential is to grow exponentially as a DAO, welcoming thoughtful participants to construct this new reality with us.

The Blockchain ecosystem will benefit from our participation and engagement as we grow organically. Moving on as Defi, as a DAO, we aim to promote the good for our lives and the surroundings. Our mission is to construct a history based on solidarity and respect within the tensions between Blockchain and cryptocurrencies.

The project is now in “Phase 0”, which means we’ve been working on approaching people who are willing to thrive with us, but most of them have no idea how to navigate cryptocurrencies and ‘products’ such as NFTs.

We need financial support to have part of the team working full time: pay developers with the necessary expertise, and compensate the first participants (founders and NFT creators) for the time they will spend to increase engagement to make the NFT sales successful. Please visit the blueprint of our website https://aldeiacrypto.wordpress.com/ to access all information, such as a deck, roadmap, whitepaper, vision, and first community members.]

Proposal ask

[50k as the project ignition for the first three months. ]

Metrics for success

[ Every member of this project is an ‘offline influencer’ capable of achieving hundreds in the first three months after the project launches. We can potentially move thousands of negotiations - from a moderate perspective - in nine months. After a year, from an optimistic perspective, Aldeia Crypto can move millions of token transactions that will generate a treasure to invest in social good. Most importantly, in doing so, it will also generate basic incomes for the creative people in need. That’s a way to apply crypto with decentralization, inclusion, and shared wealth.

External links

aldeianft@gmail.com

10 Likes

Thank you for submitting a proposal to Harmony’s $300M Ecosystem Fund. We are in the process of reviewing your proposal and will assign a representative on behalf of the Grants Ops team.

We would also love :blue_heart: to have the Harmony community participate to ask questions and provide feedbacks.

If you have more details to add, please do so by replying to this thread.

2 Likes

Good morning,

“Aldeia Crypto can move millions of token transactions that will generate a treasure to invest in social good” “Will generate basic incomes for the creative people in need”

Have no idea what that even means…

This proposal is ultra generic IMO.

Needs more specifics before being approved.

thanks!

2 Likes

Hello, thanks for your comment. Our community comprises highly qualified people, so we are not just trying to do something; we are suitable for that. So, it might be a question of language that you don’t understand, first because the people writing the proposal are Ph.Ds with solid research in technology and ethics, and second because our first language is Portuguese. So, let’s clarify your doubts, as lack of knowledge leads to wrong conclusions:

1. “Aldeia Crypto can move millions of token transactions,” which means, as a platform directed to sell NFTs, the volume of transactions can move millions (of NFTs, cryptocurrencies, and USD). That is not something difficult to picture based on other platforms for NFT transactions.
  2. “will generate a treasure to invest in social good” is also feasible and expected for many DAOs. The transactions will generate a treasure stored in specific funds to cause environmental and social impact.
  3. “Will generate basic incomes for the creative people in need” means that the NFT selling is also about supporting artists and other professionals. That will bring to crypto many people keen to help creators thrive with their projects and solve their basic needs for living.
  4. The proposal is genuinely broad because it embraces a true community and its needs. It’s a DAO from artists to artists who also want to help their community solve social and environmental problems.
  5. We appreciate your opinion, and we are happy to answer questions. Because we also advocate that decisions need to be made not based on uninformed and generic views but rather on being well informed and responsible.
  6. A suggestion for decision-making when there’s a lack of consistent knowledge to evaluate proposals is best to look at who is proposing it, their background, and experience. That is a good starting point to foresee the ability of the proponents to deliver what is announced :wink:
    Thank you =)
8 Likes

Yes. As Elen says, the proposal aims to support both creative people working with NFT and projects that will have a positive social and environmental impact.

5 Likes

Aldeia Crypto is a great opportunity for artists’, environmental and social projects to thrive thanks to an empathetic, decentralized and engaged ecosystem of sensible people.

4 Likes

Thank you, Elen. It´s very dificult for us, artists, now, in Brazil and worldwide, to produce and live from our work. In a perfect world, this one that we are all fighting for, it we´ll be easier, I think. Art - and artists - should be celebrated for the future that it brings, this future on which we´re all more closer, seeing ourselves, seeing each other. We have to see and celebrate each other if it´s at the future that we are looking. Laurent.

2 Likes

The word “Aldeia” refers to a village of natives, probably in Brazil, in the Amazon region. We are Brazilians, we are a crypto village.

We at Aldeia Crypto are a heterogeneous, multi-skilled group. I believe it is our strongest value. Another important difference is we work over hybrid presence, connected and disconnected. Artists, Professors, Software Engineers, Designers, Marketing, Social Entrepreneurs, people working on and with the Internet and also in the real, physical world.

It is an open and decentralized project, meaning it’s open to any person willing to learn and use the NFTs, and Blockchain technologies to impulse artistic and social actions, inside and outside the Internet and the World Wide Web. Another way is to participate as a technician, managing the projects, and writing codes and contracts.

We believe that real, physical actions, focusing on social actions and real, presential art and shows may be launched and funded by our project, unique in this area, mixing Real and Virtual.

The word “Aldeia” refers to a village of natives, probably in Brazil, in the Amazon region. We are Brazilians, we are a crypto village.
I believe our strongest value is being a group of heterogeneous professionals, artists, professors, engineers, social entrepreneurs, marketing, designers, etc, working from the Internet or from the real world.
This is an open project, meaning any people willing to participate could be funded by cryptocurrencies. This is a unique project, focused on actions, not money. Money is only a resource to impulse real, humanitarian, artistic, and social actions.

2 Likes

Evening Elennas,
I am a professional myself so it’s not a matter of me not being educated.
Your proposal has a ZERO sustainability model.

Let’s take a look at your metrics for success:
Offline influencer capable of achieving hundreds in the first three months after the project launches.
How so?
We can potentially move thousands of negotiations- from a moderate perspective.
Makes no sense but how so?
How can Aldeia Crypto move millions of tokens when it has no revenue coming in?
Are you a charity DAO?
If not, how are you going to do this?

Again, your problem is ZERO sustainability just warm thoughts of well being and social good.
However, you wont have any money to do this because you have no funds coming in.

Harmony core team this would be a no for me.

3 Likes

Agree with your opinion.

They said this but they didn’t even provide anything to backup their claim lmao

1 Like

Hello. Nobody said you are not educated, but you are not well informed. That’s all. You don’t understand the sustainability model and it is much easier than many other DAO proposals because this one is also a platform for NFTs.
Our project and the people involved are open and transparent, but we don’t know who you are, and how you support your ‘opinions’. So, I invite you to introduce yourself first, then we continue this conversation. And, as Monsenhor_Filipo says, we are open to collaborations. Our DAO is formed by people engaged with open source for decades. If we keep this conversation at a good level I am very patient to unfold the questions in this discussion and I don’t discriminate against others by their lack of experience (in age and so on) or lack of knowledge. But from now on, the people who came to this forum should present themselves and explains what might support their IMA or IMAO (those I had to look on Google and according to it, IMAO seems rough…).

1 Like

Elennas,
I was taking a direct quote from your earlier statement to where you stated “It might be a question of language that you don’t understand, first because the people writing the proposal are PH.Ds with solid research” “lack of knowledge leads to wrong conclusions”

Just a little insight for you I can speak Brazilian Portuguese. This isn’t a language issue.

You didn’t answer one single question I asked you earlier.

Almost every commenter in favor of your proposal has created an account within 2 days if not more recent. It’s clear what’s going on here…

Solid NO from me.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Hello. Greetings. I would like to suggest that the people making comments in the forum and even claiming they have the right to vote should present themselves for many reasons. One is that it is too easy to present problems on proposals being anonymous. We never know if there are conflicts of interest or other reasons. Anonymity, in this case, is also an open door for scammers and other abusers. So, let me know how you handle this and what we can do to mitigate that noise!

1 Like

Those are answers to questions posed here in this forum. Also, DAO members and its supporters are entering this forum for the first time through this proposal. That will happen exponentially with our project, as a DAO, and as a platform. More people will engage time by time, even those not familiar with all the step-by-step in crypto, blockchain ecosystems, and even some apps, social media, and websites used in this environment.

1 Like

Greetings,

As amartay1986 mentioned, you provided a lot of text without substance. Also, why creative people should use your NFT marketplace while projects like https://madnfts.io/ exist ? What advantages do you have ?

No harm in a little discussion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For the ones interested to know more, please reach us, but check all materials provided before. The links above, also:

1 Like

Really generic money grab application… on to the next!

Clear NO from me.

1 Like

If you are applying for a grant, you should also do a little bit of research about the community that you are applying the grant from.

Right now the community is experiencing a fatigue from DAOs that keep applying for grants which does not seem to have anything to do with blockchain and technology.

It’s easy for any organization to just latch on to DAOs and NFTs as buzzwords and then claim that they are a DAO that needs to be funded.

You claim to have PhD holders as part of your team. I’m sure you can write a better proposal as you would have written proposals for research thesis as well as proposals for research grants.

If you need to know what qualifies me to comment here, I’m speaking as an individual user that makes use of DAPPs developed by the community here, and I hate to see funds being channeled into vanity projects that either will not succeed, or doesn’t’ benefit the harmony blockchain as a whole. I have been lurking around in the forums for quite a while but I think some things needs to be said as DAOs applying for funding has been getting out of hand.

A constructive criticism is a form of feedback that points out what is wrong and how it can be improved on. And amartay1986 did provide suggestions on how you could have made your proposal better. Instead of taking them in stride you took them as personal attacks and escalate things.

I did went through your deck, and why I think it is problematic is that everything is very vague. It’s easy to put a goal without putting them in specifics as you just need to meet bear minimum and claim you’ve accomplished something.

For example let’s go through Aldeia goals:

To be inclusive in language;
Sounds nice, can you elaborate what do you mean by this? Even some part of your website is not fully translated into English, that should be your bare minimum right?

have a multimedia kit with all the information needed to start investing in cryptocurrencies NFTs;
do you have a sample how does the multimedia kit looks like? how is this information compiled? do you have research data to back up your information? or is this purely anecdotal information?

Connect patrons, artists, collectors, and other professionals with leaders working on everyday problems in the environment, education, and social assistance.
this is very vague, how do you intend to achieve this?

In general any goals in a proposal should be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-Bound

I have nothing personal against you or your project, but I think there are a few things that DAOs need to have before they are being funded. You can even think of these as part of your proposal to justify your need for funding

1. DAOs shouldn’t exist for the sake of being a DAO, so how does being a DAO accomplish what you wouldn’t be able to do in a traditional model? How would the implementation of a DAO accomplish your objectives better?
  2. What value does your DAO bring to the Harmony One ecosystem?
  3. How will your DAO sustain itself post funding, are you expecting more funding for Harmony One? a third party? Donations? Government Grants?

Overall I think there needs to be more oversight to funding DAOs in future. Nothing wrong with DAOs but grants should not be just be given out just because it seems to fit into the woke narrative.

1 Like

Hello Nicholas.
Thanks for your comments.
The questioning you and others have in the investment in DAOs is a broader discussion. At the Brazilian Harmony Forum on Telegram, I commented that the assets in DAOs are related to the Web3 concept and also to an understanding that building community in crypto increases profits of the ecosystems on which such projects are built.
Some of the criticism presented here seems related to a kind of negative evaluation of what other DAOs have been delivering to the ecosystem. When sent, proposals need to give specific and short information. How Harmony does the follow-up is what is good to know.
Answering your comments more directly, particularly, I don’t see any suggestions provided by the user amartay on the comments; check it out.
More:
The website is a blueprint, so it is a mix of English and Portuguese. We plan to rebuild and duplicate it for the different language versions.
Inclusive in Language: there’s not such an NFT platform yet, and that’s where a conflict of interest might play a role when some comments seem only to devaluate a full proposal.
Regarding the group’s qualifications, it is not about high education as it is a very diverse community.
Some specific details of how the proposal plans to reach its goals successfully are related to innovative strategies for generating engagement and there’s no need to disclose it until the project is already running.
About " Connecting patrons, artists, collectors, and other professionals with leaders working on everyday environmental problems, education, and social assistance. It is not vague but pretty straightforward. Patrons support artists and creators in general; by buying NFTs, they became ‘collectors’ too. Artists sell NFTs, and social leaders apply to claim part of the funds with proposals. That is already happening within Blockchain ecosystems when grants are provided to reach some planned goals and DAOs are voting and distributing funds from the profits. Obviosly profits already represent a successful sustainable plan.
I suggest you navigate the Road Map to answer some of your questions.
Decentralized Autonomous Organizations allow decisions to be transparent and accessible to a broader group and that differs entirely from the traditional model.

1 Like