SonicSwap 2.0 - transition from a simple yield farm to a complex mini-ecosystem within Harmony!

Glad you’re enjoying your cloud mining sessions! Putting your SONIC in great use :zap: :blush:

3 Likes

Much obliged good sir! Thank you for your support! :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Appreciate you Juan! Thank you for being such a proactive member of our community! :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Flying under the radar for sure, Sonic is one of the best projects on this chain, innovative projects like this are the backbone of this blockchain and should be supported.

4 Likes

With everything this team has built and contributed on their own dime for the past year, this one seems like a no-brainer. Not only did they build a working product before requesting funds, but also a proven track record with the community. Continued growth for them means continued growth for many projects building on Harmony.

6 Likes

Appreciate it GyZ! Grateful to have you with us :blue_heart:

3 Likes

We love our community! Thank you for being a significant part of it! :smiling_face: :zap:

3 Likes

We hope to be able to realize on all our ambitions & goals set out to create a sustainable eco run on clean energy for years to come! This is the vision & the dream :blue_heart:

2 Likes

We all learn from each other every single day! Thank you for supporting Harmony projects the way everyone should! We’re grateful to have you PixiMan :zap:

3 Likes

Thank you mate, it would be fantastic to be finally able to spread the word much further after nearly a year of hard work! We are developing on a lot of new marketing strategies & high quality educational material - very excited for what’s coming!

3 Likes

As an early investor and as a current user, I can say with confidence that SonicSwapIO are determined to provide a great defi experience. They are a selfless bunch. Not only is it a great community, but they actually have multiple use cases for their token and have set themselves up for sustainable growth. They are also quite humble, which i find commendable for a project who has SO MUCH to brag about as far as their achievements in the past 3/4 of a year. I do believe that a grant received by this team will not go to waste and will really help them continue to build working products, as they already have been. It is projects like this that will bring newcomers into the harmony ecosystem; I personally have gotten 4 of my buddies into the harmony defi space with this project. Having use cases for crypto is crucial to its long-term success imo, and this team has made it happen and are committed to continuing to make that happen. Again, the devs of this project are ambitious and I know that this grant money will not go to waste.

3 Likes

Thank you for being so supportive of our vision! We’re very excited for the release of Pixel Pigeon Fight Club as well! Stay tuned! :blue_heart: :blush:

2 Likes

One of few early projects that have genuine goals ambitions towards success on Harmony. I am sincerely wish they are getting all sort of assistance and support by Harmony. Looking forward to their next milestones!

2 Likes

a true OG harmony project, that is dedicated to the chain and has, as you can see, many great things planned

the unique to harmony cloud mining system works really well, I used it A LOT

the team itself is also super connected to a lot of projects

its only logical that sonic will receive a funding

I wish you all the best!

2 Likes

I really like SonicSwap from everything I’ve read but a grant for operations, salary, infrastructure on a monthly basis strikes me as uncertain.

I am 100% for supporting builders but feel like the proposal may need tweaking. Again, not throwing shade, just hoping after all the recent grant funding issue we can develop proposals that can be replicated for all other developers.

Please feel free to correct me if you think I missing something. Keep up the great work.

EDIT: I am noticing that this is in the investment section, so maybe it is not considered a grant? I would certainly see this differently as a Harmony investment…my apologies if my assessment/concern was/is misguided.

2 Likes

Hey there JoseCampana! Thank you for your feedback!

We are being very transparent with the partial expenses that the grant funds will be able to cover, this is what the cost breakdown in “Justification” part was for, I believe. This is where the funds end up going in every single project essentially, more or less. In our case, the grant funds would go right back to our human & development resources, since that’s the backbone of every single project (according to our vision at least). Investment into projects includes investment into people who put their time, effort, & money into it as well.

Back to your original question - the grant itself is purposed to be received FOR achieved milestones , & that’s where “Metrics for Success” part comes in handy. A project doesn’t get paid if it doesn’t reach their milestones. We don’t get paid for “operations, salary, & infrastructure” - we get paid for the work that has been completed & route the funds granted on the resources that are listed under the “Justification” part.

In a nutshell, we are proposing that grant funds are to be used on products and services that have been developed or are in development , which can be proven through monthly reports with real evidence behind these. Showing the updates/upgrades displaying where the resources has been allocated, keeping up with transparency, & remaining accountable to the community at large is already something that we’ve been known for. While most projects also receive grants to pay their teams salaries and related costs, we don’t expect cost coverage, but rather supplementing some costs to help propel SonicSwap into a faster paced progressive growth, to scale up to the demands of the community, all while supporting Harmony network as a whole.

Feel free to correct me if we are understanding something wrong but we did our absolute best to follow the template provided by the Harmony core team, so hope this answers your questions! Should there be any structural issues with our proposal, we would be happy to discuss the remarks with the core team. Thanks you once again for your support!

EDIT: apologize for the mess - the initial reply didn’t show as an actual reply to your message but it could have been a glitch of sorts. Just wanted to make sure you get the response, the message above is the exact duplicate.

6 Likes

Hey Jonnyc, thank you so much for being a part of our community for THIS long! We’re focusing on the long-term picture as well & we appreciate you sharing our vision. With support from the Harmony community & the core team, we aim to be able to significantly accelerate our growth & make ourselves a lot more recognizable in the DeFi space! Build, build, build!

2 Likes

Appreciate your support Jerome, we’re very glad you’re enjoying being a part of the SonicSwap gang! Utility is the key to success here & we are very excited about the potential opportunity to rapidly expand our ecosystem, so we can benefit a lot more Harmony users by being able to offer MORE of our products & services! We sincerely hope that Harmony would share our vision as well. So far, the community sentiment was nothing but supportive!

4 Likes

M87,

Thank you for the clarification amd additional details. I was sort of thinking your request was probably inline with other asks, so it is good to get conformation from you on that.

Assuming this meets all other funding guidelines, I fully support this request.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Amazing levels of energy. I’m not assigned to this to review but as Harmonaut and cloud infra nerd, this is impressive and unique. NFT mining is brand new

There are at least 3 business wrapped into this proposal. May I suggest you somehow simplify this to one proposal, or one for each?

6 Likes