Stephen Tse, Please Read

I have mostly said my piece about DAO’s in the link below, so here’s my opinion on this subject matter with few brief points:

1. I DO NOT think Stephen Tse should leave the project he started with other team members atm. However, I also understand that being a CEO requires an entirely different toolset of skills & understanding, especially if there is lack of clarity at the senior most levels of leadership.

2. A moment of self evaluation is required by Stephen & the team members themselves - If Stephens’ skillsets to the team are more useful as a researcher instead of CEO. As a leader, there should be no shame in rising to occasion, whatever the ask is (as the skillset matures). Switching to an advisory position as would help focus each individual on their specific skillset, than being a cross domain generalist (which is the ask for CEO’s).

3. This hack has expedited the journey where Li’s core skillset & value addition to the team would be put to the test, in terms of capital injection & operations management responsibilities. Capital injection is dependent on investor relationships, but due diligence scrutiny at this time of the hour would definitely increase. On the operations part, the team would have a better understanding on how good or bad it has been, or in terms of revisiting responsibilities (eg: transitioning to the role of investor relations lead instead of COO).

4. The second founder (Sahil Dewan, the team’s chief product officer) must rise to occassion for stabilizing the ship atm. Additionally, his inclusion to the performance roadmap & the team’s ongoing strategic decision making should play a decisive role here.

5. HR transformation : I had emphasised in Reddit & Discord forums months ago that the team many possessed operational deficiencies (in terms of absence of key leadership & staff roles, such CFO, CISO, Head of Defi Research, Moderators, Crypto Ecosystem Spotlight Host…) that they should have patched months ago.

It brings me little satisfaction in terms of pointing those details out again, but existing efforts have fallen quite short of the mark - Which goes back to the question of timely fundraising again, that should have happened in January or February.

I have much more to say, but I cannot contribute anymore to the discussion in a public capacity, because it would require having a deeper evaluation of their product, knowledge management & people workflows, brick by brick to understand the projects issues & fix the bloat, despite Harmony One being a lean team.

I highly suspect that it is due to shortage of specialized & “boots on the ground” manpower, rather than just a failure to efficiently scale. Harmony isn’t the only investment I hold, therefore, it’s quite easy to do basic apples to apples & oranges comparision with work going on within the crypto-currency ecosystem as a whole.

• Harmony One blockchain, is in fact, a great product by all means. However, a myriad of working issues & slow reactive thinking has led to all of this.

@OgreAbroad1 While your intentions are appropriate, an immediate ask of founder ejection is extremely premature - Unless, you are privy to internal details we are unaware about. There is room for middle ground here.

6 Likes