Tankz - First 3D Multiplayer P2E Breeding Game on Harmony

Tankz is a play-to-earn and more specifically win to earn multiplayer game revolving around tanks. The game emphasizes skill expression as well as creating unique playstyles based on a player’s preferences and the stats of their tanks. The play-to-earn aspects of the game are modeled in a way that resembles a next-generation version of the Axie Infinity’s play-to-earn model featuring increased sustainability and the potential for players to earn significantly higher amounts of money. Unlike Axie Infinity, Tankz is made to be a game that gamers could enjoy even if there was no potential of earning money.

Supported Platforms:

Platform Supported Other Info
Web :white_check_mark: Mobile browsers not supported.
Windows :star: :white_check_mark:
MacOS :star: :white_check_mark:
IOS :star: :white_check_mark:
Android :star: :white_check_mark:

The initial tanks will be minted with ONE. These tanks will have randomized traits and stats including their rarity, color, bonus attack damage, bonus speed, bonus weight, etc. The numbers are generated based on a normal distribution which insinuates that the average as well as numbers closest to average will be most prevalent.

Tanks can be upgraded and new tanks can be trained. Upgrades cost increasing amounts of the $TANK token and will be capped at five total upgrades per tank. Training a new tank requires 2 “parent” tanks from which the “child” inherits statistical probabilities. The average of the stats of the two “parent” tanks is utilized as the mean in a normal distribution to generate the statistics of the new tank.

A tank can only be used to train a new tank a limited number of times which incentivizes obtaining good tanks not just for the sake of winning games, but also to train with your other good tanks and possibly obtain even stronger tanks.

NFT Tiers

Tier Supported
F 0.5
D 0.9
C 1.0
B 1.1
A 1.2
S 1.3
SS 1.5

Upgrades
Each tank can be upgraded up to 8 times. Players will therefore have choose which stats of their tank to prioritize and which to sacrifice. This will allow players to create unique playstyles and benefit from strategic planning.

Training
New tanks can be trained by utilizing two preexisting tanks. The new tank will receive stats based on a random selection on a normal distribution with the average being the averages of the two “parent” tanks. Each tank can be used as a “parent” to train a tank up to 3 times.

Complete Missions and earn rewards! Missions are the unique “mini-quests” found in Tankz, where you can earn rewards by completing exciting tasks in the various game modes. A mission’s description will explain what needs to be achieved and reward information will tell you how many XP points or tokens you can earn.

Mission Rewards:

• XP
  • $TANK Tokens

What is Domination?
The basic game mode is a deathmatch-style battle taking place in the streets and alleyways of a World War II town.

A game has a max of 12 players but can start with fewer. Players spawn at set locations spaced sufficiently far from each other. A player dies when they have no health points remaining. When a player dies, they will respawn in one of these set positions that is currently classified as safe due to an absence of players currently in the area.

The game continues until either a player has reached the specified kill threshold or when 30 minutes have elapsed if the threshold has not yet been met. When the game has concluded, the three players with the most kills are rewarded with tokens, the top six players increase in ELO, and the bottom six players decrease in ELO. The number of players rewarded with tokens and ELO may be modified if there are fewer than 12 people in the game.

As stated previously, players will be able to win tokens by placing first through third in competitive play. However, a traditional minting system for rewards eventually leads to rampant inflation and a devaluing of the token. To prevent the token from becoming overly inflationary, the majority of fees from both upgrades and training are burned, a percentage of token transactions will be burned, and eventually, a percentage of marketplace transactions will be burned.

Through constant modification of both the token reward amounts and burn percentages as well as the variety of methods in which tokens are burned, Tankz has an extremely agile balancing system, and the token will ideally remain at a nearly constant total supply.

The tokenomics have been selected to stay true to the game feel as well as promote consistant growth. The starting price will be $0.001 which will result in a massive number of token rewards granted to early players and thus significant profit for those who wish to both play and continue to hold their tokens.

| Component | Percentage | Tokens |
|------------------------|------------|-------------|—|—|
| Liquidity | 40% | 200,000,000 |
| Strategic Partnerships | 40% | 200,000,000 |
| Team | 20% | 100,000,000 |

ezgif.com-gif-maker

Phase 1:

• Domination game mode
  • Single player
  • Launch on PC and web

Phase 2:

• 3 player mode
  • Clans
  • Launch on mobile

Phase 3:

• Battle royal mode
  • Marketplace
  • Optimization

$50K USD

10k after launching a feature-complete product on the Harmony testnet
10k after forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with your DAOs
10k after launching on our mainnet with audit
10k after 1k daily active users

Whitepaper: https://docs.tankz.one
Discord: https://discord.gg/3axFQFtfhF
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TankzGame

1 Like

Does the project have a discord?

Looks interesting. And even more interesting is that Tankz will be running on top of the Harmony World project :thinking:.

Who is the team behind Tankz? Do they have social media profiles (like Twitter)?

I’m also curious to see the previous projects built by the team. Do they have game dev studio?

3 Likes

Thank you for submitting a proposal to Harmony’s $300M Ecosystem Fund. We are in the process of reviewing your proposal and will assign a representative on behalf of the Grants Ops team.

We would also love :blue_heart: to have the Harmony community participate to ask questions and provide feedbacks.

If you have more details to add, please do so by replying to this thread.

Thanks for your application. Please submit your dapp to dappradar to have your metrics tracked by a verified 3rd party Dappradar.

Let us know; seeing user and volume data will be helpful in us making our decision.

1 Like

Hey team - I’m at an offsite this week so, wanted to give you a quick update so you know I’m not ghosting you. I’ll be sure to review next week when i’m back.

1 Like

Hey @tankz, thank you for sharing your proposal with us. I want to provide you with an update on our grants program. The text below is a copy/paste, but I am sending it with the same TLC that I would send any personalized message with. I care about your game and simply want to see you succeed.

As you may be aware, all funding for grants and investments are on hold. I would like to invite you to join our discussion here so that you can be fully informed and stay in the loop as things unfold.

That said, I want to encourage you to continue building. Our goal is clear: to make Harmony the leader in gaming and to make it as easy as possible for you to build, launch, and find success with your game. Most importantly, we care about the relationship we can build together. Please reach out to me on Telegram so we can make this happen. As you build, you still have access to our team for technical support. As you launch on mainnet and gain user traction, there are many ways a partnership with Harmony can lead to great things - even without funding.

Today, we released this video to highlight the many features that makes Harmony a great place for web3 gaming:

Thank you for considering Harmony as the home for your game launch. I look forward to cheering you on and am here to assist you in any way I can.

Matty