The State of Harmony Q3 2022 Report

Good afternoon,

I’m an analyst at Messari focusing on Layer-1s and DeFi protocols. I dropped the State of Harmony Q3 2022 report today and wanted to share it with everyone here to maximize reach.

We’re constantly trying to improve the quality of these reports based on data availability and I’d really appreciate any feedback. If there are other metrics you might be interested in seeing or believe it would help provide more insight, please feel free to reach out to me.

5 Likes

Hey! Thank you for updating the community in everyway possible. I saw the Twitter update as well, but it is always great to be able to access that information here as well!

Absolutely, I know some folks prefer different channels, so I wanted to make sure everyone can access the report!

Hello, great report. You can actually learn more from it than from official Harmony sources.

I’d suggest one clarification about this fragment:

Aave was also impacted by the hack. Aave governance voted to freeze all reserves on the Aave V3 deployment on Harmony, preventing users from depositing or borrowing assets. However, the repayment of debts, liquidations, and withdrawals was still allowed.

I think it is worth highlighting current state, that is: withdrawals are frozen, deposits are frozen, liquidations are paused.

Thank you,

Thank you for your kind words. I’m glad you were able to take something away from the report.

As for the brief mention of Aave, thank you for highlighting that. As we all know, following various forums/channels to try and gather the right details can be cumbersome at times. I strive to bring forward all timely and relevant information that take place in the quarter but things can slip through the cracks.

These comments and suggestions are very valuable for me so please keep bringing the heat!

Thank you again,
Cheers

1 Like