Useless Crypto - Partnership Grant Application to Promote Decentralization of the Global Economy

Interesting proposal I read it a few times including the comments. I also installed the app.

I have some comments and recommendations

Don’t you think you are a bit heavy handed with the marketing budget?
I could not find any functions in the app. I know it’s beta but something sould be working since you are asking for such a high budget.
There should be a product operational at least on a demo simulation.

Great team however are you sure what you are suggesting is not DeFi itself.
Boarding all coins and tokens and have them available to retail clients don’t you think it’s iresponsible?

I tried to connect to your Discord. I was redirected to an external verification.
The bot only wanted to connect and allow access to my business server. It did not letme connect as an individual.

My recommendation. Go back on the drawing board and rethink the basic function of what you are building. After you have a full demo contact Harmony team.
Also spend less on promoting and more on function.

I am not a member of the Harmony team and at the end of the day it’s their decision.
However as Harmony community we want to see Harmony has a healthy growth with strong projects

Kind regards
Adam

4 Likes

Hi Adam, Thank you for your comments! Although we are an established token project on Binance Smart Chain with over 15,000 holders, we will be brand new to Harmony and we’re incredibly excited to be apart of this network and chain with so much potential. We see there is so much promise and opportunity for legitimate projects on Harmony which also has so much room for growth, and we believe this is a perfect home for us to grow in tandem with this network.
I wanted to address some of your concerns you brought up though, for clarity.
First off, we understand Harmony’s grant process to be a system of channel locks with goals and parameters that must be met to level up, and we are looking forward to rising to the occasions. We can also see with your own project HarmonyPay that you understand development, and I’m sure you also know a finished project doesn’t happen overnight, especially one with such a large undertaking. Up until the beginning of 2022 this app has only been worked on in minimal sprints of free time. Development has seen a huge uptick since being able to employ our Chief App Architect full time, but in order to continue his employment we will need more funds sooner than later. We have done all this without a Dev Wallet or a Marketing wallet built into our tokenomics so far.
The marketing budget proposed is focused on app Cost-per-install pricing, not just a series of billboards you’d see and quickly forget. By focusing on CPIs we generate real, active app users, which we find far more valuable than handing a youtuber $25,000 and praying their engagement is real, or hoping someone notices we spent money on 10 seconds in TimesSquare.
Our app’s aim is to be the Robinhood of crypto, with no need for centralization. Your keys, your crypto, your choice. The issue of whether it’s “responsible” or not to give people easy access to Decentralized finance isn’t an easy question to answer, but I would say that our practice of being a transparent, ethical team will absolutely translate into our app (it’s also a big reason we are looking to move away from BSC and make Harmony our home, as we align with their hardworking value, looking to provide massive utility for the space).
We also have a few patent-pending security features to be launched, as well as the full function of the true multichain wallet with special care and integration of $ONE tokens. We understand it’s still rough, but we hope you’ll follow along with us and keep the app installed to see the progress we make weekly.
Lastly, I’m not sure why Discord asked for a separate verification but I’ve alerted one of my mods who has DM’d you so you can remedy this and join our community. Please feel free to connect with us at any time.
Thank you so much for your comments and concerns, we look forward to seeing you in the discord soon :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Hey Adam.

First of all we’re really grateful that you took the time to look through our proposal and even check out the app! I believe Jackie (above) addressed the majority of points but please let’s keep this conversation going either here, discord or dms. We’d love to get more suggestions and feedback.

PS New Discord link just in case: $USELESS

6 Likes

Been observing Useless for almost an year now. Honest and transparent leadership team. Learnt a lot listening their weekly updates.

Managing multiple wallets within and across chain is a huge hassle. Eagerly looking forward to the wallet feature in the AllForOne app.

Purchasing the tokens that are not listed in Coinbase / crypto.com / BinanceUS is not trivial even being in crypto since 2014. Ability to purchase any token within few clicks in a simple to use app would be game changing (from user changing perspective and also revenue / business perspective).

Hope you get this grant and put to good use to develop more useuful features and market the app for better reach !

Good luck.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for the words of support! Means so much to us.

If there’s anyone reading this who has some questions please feel free to drop them down or reach out in our dms. We are more than happy to address any questions or concerns of the Harmony community!

3 Likes

Hi Useless Crypto team,
I’ve read the proposal a couple of times and had a few questions if that’s okay.

Firstly, what benefit does your product serve the Harmony community?
Secondly, what blockchains are you expecting to support in the foreseeable future in All For One?

Thank you and best of luck!

2 Likes

Hi VotchaIA! Thank you so much for your questions! I’m happy to answer them.
First, our AllForOne wallet integrated directly into the app (with charts, whale watching, live tx data, and other awesome features) will be a true multi chain wallet that caters towards the ease of true Harmony-paired tokens (like $USLS!). Instead of the obnoxious switching from one chain to another (like Metamask) or having some strange address path like Trust Wallet, our wallet will display every token from every chain and label them as such, neatly on one screen, with correct address formatting per chain. No more guessing if it’s an ERC or a ONE or a Bep2 or Bep20, it will clearly state as such.
And secondly, we plan to support as many chains as possible, ideally all of them! Our true goal is to have ALL your crypto needs in ONE space :wink: hence the “All for One” name. We hope you check us out further and we’d be happy to answer any more questions you have anytime!

6 Likes

Having watched Useless grow from nearly inception, I’ve been extremely impressed with their core morals and what they are trying to bring to the space. I’m excited to say the least to see us joining the Harmony network which, as others have said, I think is a great step forward with a team whose morals align with the team at Useless.

Looking forward to a future where everyone and their Grandparents can access crypto should they wish - and SAFELY!

4 Likes

Thank you for your reply! Best of luck with your application!

2 Likes

A quick announcement from the Useless Crypto team

After further consideration we decided that our application is better suited for the port category. Therefore we are withdrawing our application from here and re-applying for a porting grant.

Thank you everyone for all the support! Hope to see all of you in our new application comments!

1 Like