Useless Crypto - Port Grant Application to Support Decentralization of the Global Economy

Name of Project

Useless Crypto

Proposal overview

Who we are
Useless Crypto, LLC is an American blockchain start-up reinventing what accessibility, convenience and security mean in cryptocurrency investing. Currently, 80% of the US cryptocurrency trading volume is concentrated on two CEXs, which collectively offer fewer than 300 cryptocurrencies out of an estimated 20,000 available. Moreover, today the choice of an average cryptocurrency investor is confined to a mere 5% of the tradable cryptocurrency market. Meanwhile, the remaining 95% has been undeservingly overlooked by most due to its lack of infrastructure, high barriers to entry and inadequate security – all of which have been significantly detrimental to the introduction and wider acceptance of cryptocurrency as an investment asset by the retail and experienced/professional traders alike.

This state of the market is unacceptable and destined to change. We see this as a massive market gap that has flourished due to the monopolized nature of the cryptocurrency exchange industry. Our flagship product – All For One combined with our own Useless Token is our solution to this problem. All For One will give traders access to thousands of cryptocurrencies in one place without the need to switch between exchanges, some of which are unnecessarily complicated, lack transparency and have inadequate security. Meanwhile, the Useless token will allow other innovative and unique projects listed within All For One to highlight their accomplishments and gain support of an increasing audience. We are able to achieve this by utilizing our proprietary Decentralized Exchange Network (DEN), enabling fast and seamless trading of cryptocurrencies listed on any DEX.

Harmony is one of the few companies that clearly understands existing imperfections and opportunities in the crypto-asset space, and shares our desire to change the existing status quo. The common goal of providing a “decentralized economy for everyone” is why we believe a partnership between Harmony and Useless Crypto would result in many mutually beneficial synergies.

“We are passionate about decentralization, and the thought of using centralized bridges to facilitate us going multichain was a difficult pill to swallow – so we set out looking for a solution. We evaluated Harmony holistically and got more than we bargained for! We were impressed with Harmony’s bridging infrastructure, the speed and security of the FBFT consensus protocol, well-documented APIs, friendly and welcoming community, low gas fees, horizontal scalability (thanks to sharding), energy-efficient POS consensus mechanism, 2-second transaction finality, and cross-chain operations.”

– David Wyly, Useless Crypto CEO

Our mission statement
We envision a market where a person of any age, background and experience, be it a retail trader or an institutional investor, has the ability to effortlessly and securely invest into one of the fastest growing asset classes in history. Therefore, our objective is two-fold:

I) Breaking down the barrier to entry of cryptocurrency investing for millions of people who have been overwhelmed and ultimately put off trading by the convoluted excess of services and products.

II) Opening the gates to the entire world of cryptocurrencies, rather than a small subset pre-selected on ambiguous and oftentimes biased criteria, giving investors an unparalleled number of investment opportunities and an unmatched diversity of choice.

Team
David Wyly – CEO
Responsible for developing strategic objectives and outlining the company’s general direction. David played an essential role in assembling the leadership team and remains a key member of the development team. He is an inspiring leader always putting the success of our team and community above all else.

Experience – 15 years in Software Engineering and Management

Lance Badger – CTO
Directs our software development team covering web development, infrastructure and QA. Lance recognizes the crucial role decentralized networks will play in the future and is focused on pushing this innovation further.

Experience – 15 years as a DevOps Engineer and Systems Architect

Amir Arafat – Chief App Architect
Responsible for development of the All For One app as well as its integration with our innovative blockchain contracts. Amir’s vast experience and skillset makes him an indispensable member of our team.

Experience – 12 years of UI Engineering in mobile app Architecture and Development

Jackie Dutton – CMO
Oversees development and execution of marketing campaigns for both All For One and the Useless token. Jackie’s sense of humour and positivity, combined with her talents in marketing have helped us gain thousands of beta-testers and community members.

Experience – 6 years in Marketing and Stand-up

Joseph Andrews – Chief Product Officer
Manages the project pipeline from assisting in planning to evaluating projects’ performance, overseeing successful execution at each stage. His perfectionism and knack for identifying the root of the problem are invaluable assets to our project.

Experience – 7 years in Software Engineering and Product Management

ADC – Chief Token Officer
In charge of implementing and directing Useless token’s strategic objectives ensuring their alignment with the goals of All For One. From the start ADC has been the backbone of our company ensuring we maintain our direction and cohesiveness to achieve our targets.

Experience – 3 years in Software Engineering, 6 years in International Law and Law Enforcement

Jelly – Head of Business Development
Responsible for identifying and pursuing promising business opportunities, as well as means of improving our product portfolio. He has played a key role in developing the vision for All For One, and establishing Useless tokens’s presence in the market.

Experience – 5 years in Finance and Macroeconomic Research

Timeline

• Completed
    • App open-beta (incl. blockchain charting, top holder analytics, news feed, in-app token purchase)
    • Eclipse contract for in-app project promotion, USELESS token
    • Successfully gathering real time blockchain transaction data for Harmony for auto-checking token balances
  • Spring
    • Non-custodial Multichain Wallet release
    • Launch of Decentralized Exchange Network (DEN) support for Harmony Mainnet+Testnet, ETH Mainnet+Testnet+Classic, Polygon Mainnet
    • Signing on-/off- ramping partnerships
    • Soft launch in Canada/Australia
    • Hard launch in the US
    • Expanding our support for more blockchains
    • Release uCrypto beta-test (our web-based offering for more experienced traders)
    • Reach 33,000 total active All For One users and 2,500 total active uCrypto users
  • Beyond
    • uCrypto hard launch
    • Expanding into Canada, UK and India

App Interface Examples

Proposal ask

$250,000

Breakdown

• Development costs - $195,000
  • RPC hardware - $5,000
  • Infrastructure costs - $10,000
  • Marketing costs - $30,000
  • Event organization - $10,000

Mutual support – our primary goals are to promote global acceptance of cryptocurrencies by breaking down barriers to entry and giving people back control and power over their assets. We share Harmony’s objective of facilitating the move of the global economy towards decentralization and, therefore, see numerous opportunities to help both of our communities and teams to not only support each other but help spread our shared vision to an exponentially wider audience. Some of these initiatives include:

• Organization of conferences highlighting projects within the Harmony platform.
  • Working together with Harmony to outline a set of criteria for vetting multi-chain projects listed within All For One that underline our shared values.
  • Providing teams and communities on the Harmony platforms with first-user access to all new product features in order to gather feedback and ensure that our offering fits the global goals and objectives set out by Harmony and upheld by all your communities.

External links

Discord: Useless
Twitter: https://twitter.com/uselesscrypto
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/UselessCrypto/

12 Likes

I have been a holder of useless for quite some time and been using the beta app for months, I have been really impressed with the development so far and even more so the team involved. I was hesitant when they first announced moving to Harmony, but the more I researched the more excited I got. I think Harmony is still early and just starting to grow, it will be an absolute contender in the future. I have been following a few of the Harmony projects and have enjoyed learning about them over the last few weeks. I would also like to say that i really hope that we can get more “meet the neighbors” type ama sessions, it’s a great way to learn about other projects.

6 Likes

I have been in crypto for 5 years and Defi for 12 months. When i first bought tokens on a DEX i legit felt like i was a anonymous hacker. Creating a non custodial wallet, adding networks , converting bep2 to bep20, smart contracts, slippage, pancake swap, tokenomics. This is everything i had to learn about trying to buy a token.

Even for a semi veteran the whole process was difficult and time consuming. How will we ever get the masses into crypto if there are such huge roadblocks in place

This is where Useless crypto and the AllForOne app comes in, the vission of simplicity and mass adoption is why i believe this project will succeed.

The team and community are top class and it has been a pleasure being a part of this journey with them for almost a year

Harmony chain decentrilised views are also reflected by the Useless team and this is why a partnetship between the two projects would benefit each other for years to come.

8 Likes

Thank you for your ongoing support and confidence! We sincerely hope to share our positive impact as far and wide as possible

4 Likes

Have the same sentiment as Ruski.

Managing multiple wallets within and across chain is a huge hassle. Hard to get a consolidated view of the tokens you own, total value etc. Eagerly looking forward to the wallet feature in the AllForOne app. App provides a simple to use interface and gateway to unlock so many capabilities and trading options with the essence of decentralization.

My wife who has college degree and working in tech, found the whole process to be cumbersome and shady when I explained the process to buy assets that are not on Robinhood/Coinbase. The market is in need of a product to connect the users with the decentralized products.

More than the product, I found the leadership team to be talented, transparent and sensible. Personally learnt a lot of about wallets, blockchain from their weekly updates and twitter streams.

Hope they get this grant and put to good use to develop more “useuful” features and market the app for better reach !

Good luck.

6 Likes

I’ve been hooked on the team since i came across them. I was quite new to crypto back then, and as my knowledge in the space has grown so has my realization of what’s missing in the space. There seem to be a number of hurdles so we just “accept” as “that’s just part of crypto” but having a team take the reins and lead a revolutionary idea into fruition that really innovates the space and opens doors for so many into the crypto world is outstanding to see. I think the biggest thing for me is how much work and effort is put in at Useless, and together with the great features Harmony provides I can see a bright future for both, and one I’m proud to be a part of.

6 Likes

David “Carc” Wyly here, CEO of Useless Crypto, LLC.

The All For One app showcases Useless token’s utility, displays charting for tokens and transactions, and provides a non-custodial multichain wallet for more than 5,000 active beta testers as of March 2022.

The token, $USE, serves as a decentralized ranking system for projects, called Eclipse, which is used by both the All For One app (for mobile users) and uCrypto (for desktop users) to help users find viable projects and to help projects with solid communities find a footing.

The token currently has ~15,000 holders and has a welcoming and engaged community. Discord has ~5,000 members, Telegram has around ~1,750 users, and Reddit has around ~3,100 subscribers. We have been around for almost a year, and have demonstrably shown with weekly Twitch updates and consistent development that we are in it for the long haul.

Our mission is to reclaim individual finance and digital ownership by providing accessibility to the crypto space.

Our values include transparency, honor and integrity, decentralization, under-promising and over-delivering, disruption, innovation, and simplicity, community, humility, business agility, and humor.

We believe that Harmony is a great fit for us, as it aligns with both our mission and values – including the full spirit of decentralization, which is something we’re incredibly passionate about. We also fully intend to give back to the Harmony ecosystem by being a touchstone project that fosters an engaged, friendly, and helpful community – as well as continuing to build products that are Harmony-centric and draw users towards Harmony as a whole.

We appreciate the opportunity to apply for this grant to help us integrate more fully with the Harmony ecosystem so that we can provide real and lasting value to both Harmony and its community.

Thank you for reading!

9 Likes

Words fail me when trying to describe the quality of the team at Useless Crypto/All For One. I’ll do my absolute best though, this project deserves nothing less. From their approach to a truly decentralized, smart contract based crypto project, to an incredible human in their CEO David, Useless has been innovating in this space for nearly a year shackled to the Binance Smart Chain. A grant like this increases their reach to all of DeFi and any EVM, all the while helping every aspect of the networks they can permeate. Fair and transparent, the glory of decentralized finance has been championed by anyone that has the pleasure of knowing or working with this team. If advancing the vision of your entire ecosystem is a priority, this is an easy decision. Ruski, Jackie, Mark, David, Lance and the list goes on of people filled with integrity and vision. If nothing else, I’m thrilled to have known these people and this project.

8 Likes

There is a lot of noise in the crypto world. The Useless team’s approach seems to say you simply Defi. Can someone from the team explain how a holder of Harmony One or a participant in the Harmony ecosystem will benefit from what you are creating?

7 Likes

Useless is one of those very unique crypto projects not only because of the utility on offer but also because of the team that it is lead by.

Been an investor in the project for over 8 months and I can clearly see how the future is going to be if someone is sticking with the project. Why? Because you can see

• Transparency
  • Honesty
  • Innovation &
  • Commitment

There aren’t many leaders in the Web3 or Crypto space where you see them maintaining a composure while executing the objectives on the roadmap inspiteof facing some serious challenges everyday professionally and personally.

While the utility thats in works is amazing, the welcoming and inclusive nature of the community should be taken as an example by other projects. It all comes down to the culture that is being set by the leaders of the project and here, the team ensure that “Useless” is only in the name.

A partnership with projects like Useless is truly a great opportunity and I truly believe that great things will come out of this relationship in the near future.

7 Likes

I’ve known the team for almost a year now and can only keep emphasizing how refreshingly transparent, honest and open the project has felt from the start. That’s not a given, especially when it comes to the BSC, which seems to be all about promising things first and then checking to see if they can be implemented at all.

Useless has never followed this style, but has always proceeded in the sense of the product and the real added value for the DeFi space. And unlike many other projects, Useless has always looked beyond its own community to real touchpoints with people outside of Crypto space. I think this is also an aspect that fits very well with the Harmony One network, which in contrast to the BSC seems to be very calmed and focused on the essentials.

With the step of going multi-chain and now having made the Harmony One network the life center of the project, it feels like having found the home after searching for a long time.

7 Likes

I am honored to be apart of such an incredible team, with one of the greatest communities in DeFi, now merging over to Harmony which we have known to be nothing but wonderful and welcoming. The best of both worlds now all on a Useless Harmony Multi-Chain! :blue_heart:

7 Likes

I think Useless will be likely be used as a case study for proper business conduct for crypto start-ups. No cut corners, product first mindset, impressive community integration, and a belief that collaboration will always be better than raw competition. It was because of this team that I began looking into Harmony, and now I am immersing myself in the Harmony ecosystem and getting very involved with other Harmony projects. That’s a win for everyone.

9 Likes

I was introduced to Useless shortly after they relaunched and relatively carelessly invested because of the name and some familiar people involved with the project. Since then I’ve had the chance to get to know most of the members of the core team a bit more and see how they operate and I’ve been immensely impressed. The professional and transparent leadership trickles down to one of the most responsible and open communities I’ve had the pleasure to participate in.

I can’t wait to be a part of the Harmony community because there seems to be a shared ethos with Useless. Innovation and honesty are at the core of Harmony and I think we’ll fit in just fine here. Thank you for considering our application!

7 Likes

Since the inception of Useless, the leadership team has billed its token as the world’s most honest. And the Useless leadership team has lived up to that expectation (and more often exceeded it) all along my journey with them. They are consistently present with all of us in the community via multiple communication channels, engaging with us directly. They hold weekly streams to update the community on the progress of ongoing projects and to let us know what’s coming in future projects. They hold Q&A sessions after every weekly stream to allow the community time to voice opinions, raise concerns, or ask questions. They stream coding sessions while they’re working on their apps, contracts, and other activities to allow maximum transparency into their work whenever possible.

But it’s not just the honesty that keeps me interested. They’re also each brilliant innovators in their own respective fields, from blockchain development to software development and from marketing to community management. The team enhances DeFi for everyone by making things simpler with inventive and easy-to-use mobile and web applications, smart contracts, dApps, and more. And they do it while making those things appealing to the eye and intuitive for newcomers.

And to me, joining Harmony is another manifestation of that spirit of innovation. Much of the team’s innovation in its products is with a commitment to decentralization and accessibility of DeFi for all, and Harmony is the perfect place to fulfill that goal. We in the community are all happy to call ourselves Harmonauts now.

4 Likes

This project was my first experience with defi and I cannot be more thankful that I struck lucky whilst learning about the space. From education on liquidity pools, building original products and a good amount of humour as well it’s been a great 12 months.

The sheer pride and dedication they put into the project is displayed in the current all for one app that has been built from the ground up(no fork). I go nowhere else now for crypto charts on a mobile and cannot wait to use the bespoke wallet that is currently under development. Long term I envisage being able to manage all of my crypto in one app across multiple eco systems all from the all for one app.

On top of great products the leadership team are very much worthy of the word leader. They truly believe in making defi a safer more accessible space along with promoting collaboration and support to other products.

They already have a proven track record of under promising and over delivering and the utility first approach has led to a great community of loyal holders.

Having useless on your ecosystem is a great opportunity for harmony and useless to work together with shared values to build great things and I look forward to seeing the results.

5 Likes

I have been following Useless for nearly a year now. Personally, I am very excited they have chosen Harmony to make their new home blockchain. Useless is all about pushing for decentralization and Harmony was ultimately the perfect fit all the while allowing easy bridging to chains people may be more familiar with.

The team at Useless and their vision for the project have grown immensely in the time I have been watching. I could not be prouder of their accomplishments or the direction they have taken. With each iteration of either the token, dapp or app the team finds new goals to strive towards and has shown their proficiency in meeting or outright surpassing those goals.

I know the wallet section of the app is nearly complete and it has been designed from the ground up to ‘just work’ for people who may not be familiar with crypto and just make life easier for those who are. If you are living in the multichain world, as many of us who believe in decentralization are, this wallet is going to be invaluable to you.

I am very much looking forward to the future of Useless, its app All For One and the potential that has been unlocked now the token and much of its ecosystem is on Harmony.

3 Likes

Wanted to make a short comment outlining what our actual solution to the problem of accessibility that we are referring to above is:

Our main focus at the moment is our All For One app. All For One is a crypto-trading app aiming to provide its users access to an unparalleled number of cryptocurrencies regardless of their chain, supported by a variety of features, infrastructure and security necessary for a new, as well as experienced investor. These will include an integrated multi-chain cryptocurrency wallet protected by our proprietary security features, wallet tracking, fiat currency on-ramping, intuitive charting and analysis tools, along with other quality of life features focused on facilitating and simplifying discovery and trade execution. This infrastructure is built around our proprietary Decentralized Exchange Network (DEN), enabling fast and seamless trading of cryptocurrencies listed on any DEX.

The app is integrated with our Useless token, which serves it’s purpose as an internal currency of the app itself. At the moment it is utilized within our in-app ranking system called Eclipse. Over the past months we have grown into a community of more than 14,000 active individuals passionate about bringing a decentralized economy to everyone. Each cryptocurrency listed in the All For One app will be automatically provided with a unique contract, which can be topped up by anyone using Useless tokens. The balance within that contract, which decays overtime, determines the cryptocurrency’s global Eclipse ranking. Furthermore, our team is keen on bringing innovation into the token space and has developed several contracts such as “stable-LP” and the “furnace” that facilitate and support the health of the Useless tokens and our community’s confidence. To further develop our utility, we are excited to migrate to the Harmony platform to implement your best practises of high speed and security, cross-chain operations and horizontal scalability in a stable and secure way.

Our app is currently in the open beta stage with around 4,000 testers.

Hope this addresses some potential questions. Please feel free to reach out if there is anything else I can help with.

4 Likes

Hey Nimikor!

In short our mission is to provide the level of accessibility and convenience unseen in crypto at the moment. It’s no secret that a lof of people are put off by how tedious it is to invest in the vast majority of cryptocurrencies - particularly if you can’t find them on the major exchanges the size of Binance, Crypto.com, etc. All of us here probably know a bunch of examples personally.

Our objective is to bring millions more investors and traders into the cryptosphere, as we strongly believe that not only is there a massive number of people that have been put off getting involved in the space by the unnecessarily complex infrastructure, but also that this number is only going to continue to grow with how prevalent crypto is becoming in our lives. Should we achieve this goal Harmony and associated projects would get all of these millions of eyes on their products in a similar manor that DFK brought all of the new attention along with its success.

Hope I answered your question. Please let me know if there’s anything else I can address!

Thank you,
Jelly

5 Likes

Our vision of providing accessibility for the crypto space meshes well with the need for greater accessibility into the Harmony ecosystem.

With the $USE token on Harmony bridged to both Binance and Ethereum, we’re eating our own dogfood and building functionality into the AllForOne app to make managing bridged tokens through Harmony more of an intuitive and simple – rather than a complicated – endeavor.

We are a team of builders. Our goal is to build a product and ecosystem that not only aligns with Harmony’s mission and values, but also bolsters the entire network itself by providing tools and resources to make life easier for people who make the leap into Harmony. The AllForOne app is our product that we believe will make life easier to chart Harmony tokens, store Harmony tokens, transfer Harmony tokens, buy Harmony tokens, etc.

5 Likes