Useless Crypto - Partnership Grant Application to Promote Decentralization of the Global Economy

Name of Project / DAO / Company

Useless Crypto

Application type

Partnership

Proposal overview

Who we are

Useless Crypto, LLC is an American blockchain start-up reinventing what accessibility, convenience and security mean in cryptocurrency investing. Currently, 80% of the US cryptocurrency trading volume is concentrated on two CEXs, which collectively offer fewer than 300 cryptocurrencies out of an estimated 20,000 available. Moreover, today the choice of an average cryptocurrency investor is confined to a mere 5% of the tradable cryptocurrency market. Meanwhile, the remaining 95% has been undeservingly overlooked by most due to its lack of infrastructure, high barriers to entry and inadequate security – all of which have been significantly detrimental to the introduction and wider acceptance of cryptocurrency as an investment asset by the retail and experienced/professional traders alike.

This state of the market is unacceptable and destined to change. We see this as a massive market gap that has flourished due to the monopolized nature of the cryptocurrency exchange industry. Our flagship product – All For One is our solution to this problem. All For One will give traders access to thousands of cryptocurrencies in one place without the need to switch between exchanges, some of which are unnecessarily complicated, lack transparency and have inadequate security. We are able to achieve this by utilizing our proprietary Decentralized Exchange Network (DEN), enabling fast and seamless trading of cryptocurrencies listed on any DEX. If you can trade it, All For One has it. (more on All For One can be found below).

Harmony is one of the few companies that clearly understands existing imperfections and opportunities in the crypto-asset space, and shares our desire to change the existing status quo. The common goal of providing a “decentralized economy for everyone ” is why we believe a partnership between Harmony and Useless Crypto would result in many mutually beneficial synergies.

“We are passionate about decentralization, and the thought of using centralized bridges to facilitate us going multichain was a difficult pill to swallow – so we set out looking for a solution. We evaluated Harmony holistically and got more than we bargained for! We were impressed with Harmony’s bridging infrastructure, the speed and security of the FBFT consensus protocol, well-documented APIs, friendly and welcoming community, low gas fees, horizontal scalability (thanks to sharding), energy-efficient POS consensus mechanism, 2-second transaction finality, and cross-chain operations.”

– David Wyly, Useless Crypto CEO

Our mission statement

We envision a market where a person of any age, background and experience, be it a retail trader or an institutional investor, has the ability to effortlessly and securely invest into one of the fastest growing asset classes in history. Therefore, our objective is two-fold:

• Breaking down the barrier to entry of cryptocurrency investing for millions of people who have been overwhelmed and ultimately put off trading by the convoluted excess of services and products.
  • Opening the gates to the entire world of cryptocurrencies, rather than a small subset pre-selected on ambiguous and oftentimes biased criteria, giving investors an unparalleled number of investment opportunities and an unmatched diversity of choice.

Our products

All For One is a crypto-trading app providing its users access to an unparalleled number of cryptocurrencies regardless of their chain, supported by a variety of features, infrastructure and security necessary for a new, as well as experienced investor. These include an integrated multi-chain cryptocurrency wallet protected by our proprietary security features, wallet tracking, fiat currency on-ramping, intuitive charting and analysis tools, along with other quality of life features focused on facilitating and simplifying discovery and trade execution. This infrastructure is built around our proprietary Decentralized Exchange Network (DEN), enabling fast and seamless trading of cryptocurrencies listed on any DEX. We plan on monetizing All For One by charging transactional fees variable upon the user’s monthly volume, selling premium listing features for available cryptocurrencies, and eventually converting the app to a freemium model.

The Useless token currently listed on BSC ($USELESS) is utilized within our in-app ranking system called Eclipse. Each cryptocurrency or token listed will be automatically provided with a unique contract, which can be topped up by anyone using Useless tokens. The balance within that contract, which decays overtime, determines the cryptocurrency’s global Eclipse ranking. To further develop utility of the Useless token, we have decided to migrate to the Harmony platform to implement your best practises of high speed and security, cross-chain operations and horizontal scalability. This move was widely supported by our community of 15,000 holders.

Timeline

• Completed
    • App open-beta (incl. blockchain charting, top holder analytics, news feed, in-app token purchase)
    • Eclipse contract for in-app project promotion, USELESS token
    • Successfully gathering real time blockchain transaction data for Harmony for auto-checking token balances
  • Spring
    • Non-custodial Multichain Wallet release
    • Launch of Decentralized Exchange Network (DEN) support for Harmony Mainnet+Testnet, ETH Mainnet+Testnet+Classic, Polygon Mainnet
    • Signing on-/off- ramping partnerships
    • Soft launch in Canada/Australia
    • Hard launch in the US
    • Expanding our support for more blockchains
    • Release uCrypto beta-test (our web-based offering for more experienced traders)
    • Reach 33,000 total active All For One users and 2,500 total active uCrypto users
  • Beyond
    • uCrypto hard launch
    • Expanding into Canada, UK and India

App Interface Examples

Team

David Wyly – CEO
Responsible for developing strategic objectives and outlining the company’s general direction. David played an essential role in assembling the leadership team and remains a key member of the development team. He is an inspiring leader always putting the success of our team and community above all else.

• Experience – 15 years in Software Engineering and Management

Lance Badger – CTO
Directs our software development team covering web development, infrastructure and QA. Lance recognizes the crucial role decentralized networks will play in the future and is focused on pushing this innovation further.

• Experience – 15 years as a DevOps Engineer and Systems Architect

Amir Arafat – Chief App Architect
Responsible for development of the All For One app as well as its integration with our innovative blockchain contracts. Amir’s vast experience and skillset makes him an indispensable member of our team.

• Experience – 12 years of UI Engineering in mobile app Architecture and Development

Jackie Dutton – CMO
Oversees development and execution of marketing campaigns for both All For One and the Useless token. Jackie’s sense of humour and positivity, combined with her talents in marketing have helped us gain thousands of beta-testers and community members.

• Experience – 6 years in Marketing and Stand-up

Joseph Andrews – Chief Product Officer
Manages the project pipeline from assisting in planning to evaluating projects’ performance, overseeing successful execution at each stage. His perfectionism and knack for identifying the root of the problem are invaluable assets to our project.

• Experience – 7 years in Software Engineering and Product Management

ADC – Chief Token Officer
In charge of implementing and directing Useless token’s strategic objectives ensuring their alignment with the goals of All For One. From the start ADC has been the backbone of our company ensuring we maintain our direction and cohesiveness to achieve our targets.

• Experience – 3 years in Software Engineering, 6 years in International Law and Law Enforcement

Jelly – Head of Business Development
Responsible for identifying and pursuing promising business opportunities, as well as means of improving our product portfolio. He has played a key role in developing the vision for All For One, and establishing Useless tokens’s presence in the market.

• Experience – 5 years in Finance and Macroeconomic Research

Proposal ask

• Requested Amount
    • $3,460,000
    • Breakdown
      • Engineering – $682,000
      • Product management – $115,000
      • Admin – $83,000
      • Operations – $359,000
      • Marketing
        • ASO services – $100,000
        • Advertisement costs (incl. ad management fee) – $2,100,000
        • Press release distribution – $20,000
  • Mutual support – our primary goals are to promote global acceptance of cryptocurrencies by breaking down barriers to entry and giving people back control and power over their assets. We share Harmony’s objective of facilitating the move of the global economy towards decentralization and, therefore, see numerous opportunities to help both of our communities and teams to not only support each other but help spread our shared vision to an exponentially wider audience. Some of these initiatives include:
    • Organization of conferences highlighting projects within the Harmony platform.
    • Working together with Harmony to outline a set of criteria for vetting multi-chain projects listed within All For One that underline our shared values.
    • Providing teams and communities on the Harmony platforms with first-user access to all new product features in order to gather feedback and ensure that our offering fits the global goals and objectives set out by Harmony and upheld by all your communities.

Justification

We are more than happy to discuss exactly why, where and how every dollar is going to be used. However, in the interest of security and confidentiality we kindly ask to allow us to do this privately with the appropriate members of the Harmony team, as opposed to releasing these details publicly.

Metrics for success

Our primary metrics for success would be Total Active Users, the range of our paid CPI, percentage market share of US trading volume.

In case of a successful partnership we expect the above end-year metrics to reach:

• TAU – 45,500
  • Paid CPI – $2.00-$3.00
  • Percentage market share of US trading volume – 0.5%-0.7%

We are extremely excited about this opportunity and are looking forward to becoming part of the Harmony family!

External links

Discord: Useless
Twitter: https://twitter.com/uselesscrypto
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/UselessCrypto/

10 Likes

Adding a few more screenshots of the app due to a limit on the number of media files that can be shared in the original post

8 Likes

7 Likes

8 Likes

8 Likes

I am honored to be apart of the most transparent, ethical, honest, genuine and talented team in DeFi. Not only did stars align for the branding of our app named All For One, but porting over to the multi-chain bridging capability of Harmony brings us immense satisfaction, to expose our holders to true decentralization of networks without the need of a CEX. We are thrilled about to possibility of working closer with the HarmonyONE team via this partnership.

10 Likes

All For One official commercial: ALL FOR ONE | Useless Crypto - YouTube

9 Likes

New member here. As a holder of both Harmony One and Useless Crypto I’m excited to see what synergies and collaborations will develop over the next few years. Defi has a bright future!

5 Likes

I want to say that I am very honored to be one of the first investors. From the first day I felt in tune with the project, with the name, with the mission and above all with the ethics, transparency and professionalism of all the professionals who build useless, I feel lucky.

6 Likes

This is going to be incredible. The app is something the masses have been crying out for these past few years. People want something decentralised, secure, simple to understand and setup, intuitive to use, affordable to transact, and that is truly multi-chain. But the real secret weapon is the team. They will talk to you, answer your questions and will always respect your opinion. The community is really open and welcoming. You will make friends and grow together. Because it’s All For One and One For All.

5 Likes

Harmony definitely feels like home with our vision of the DEFI space being so alike! Have been an early investor of Useless and it is always so exciting to listen to David about how DEFI should progress as a unified and decentralised space.

Regardless of the result, I do hope that both teams can work closely in the future.

6 Likes

Thank you all for your confidence and support. Can’t express how much this means to us!

3 Likes

I have been a holder of Useless since August of 2021, and have been using the All For One app beta for quite some time. I even got my 77 year old mother using the app a couple months ago, and she has really had fun with it, I think she is even starting to understand all the stuff I tell her about crypto constantly lol. She loves the news, watching the buys/sells and stalking all the whales.
I appreciate that Useless is trying to bring crypto to the masses, and with the Harmony wallet extension being sunsetted this seems like the perfect time to be entering the Harmony ecosystem.
After learning about Useless moving to Harmony a couple weeks ago I have been researching and playing with the Harmony bridges and other projects (which I am loving), I think it will be a great fit and mutually beneficial to both companies.

5 Likes

Just to add my two cents here. We are a rapidly growing community that want’s to make DeFi better.

One of my personal goals is to help make Harmony be more decentralized. We’ve already spun up our own Harmony One validator in the hopes of getting elected. This will also allow us to integrate in our app the ability to stake on our Harmony node’s.

I’ve worked for several companies in the past, but I’ve never been apart of a startup that has such dedication, passion, and innovation. We think Harmony is going to be very successful. We want to be part of the reason it’s so successful.

6 Likes

Harmony network is the perfect space for Useless to grow their ecosystem with their staunch view on decentrilisation. Huge fan of Harmony and Useless and looking forward to the future of both projects

8 Likes

Absolutely agreed. I believe I speak for all of us when I say that we are beyond excited to be presenting our proposal to everyone here

2 Likes

Thank you for kind words! We are very happy that people agree with our vision and objectives

3 Likes

A well written proposal, will impact in decentralized space for sure

3 Likes

Like many, I first got into DeFi about a year ago thanks to some other tokens/projects. I bounced from project to project, making and losing some money on each. They all seemed to follow the same cycle of hyping up projects, promising the moon (sometimes quite literally), and then crashing when nothing of substance is delivered. As someone who was raised by a CFA, this worried me immensely. I was always taught to invest in people more than ideas and projects. None of the people I encountered on these projects impressed me and I always ended up leaving them.

Then I found Useless. The name appealed to me instantly and I bought some on a whim. Then I started watching the weekly streams and getting to know the team a little bit. They are the antithesis of everything that is wrong with DeFi. They’re not “wen lambo” type people, but authentic, experienced professionals looking to guide a project for the long-term. The core team are so genuine, I have every confidence that the project will be successful. Now that we’re going multichain to Harmony, I’m glad we’ve found a group of fellow DeFi enthusiasts who aren’t all about 1000x gains and pump and dumps.

If anyone from the Harmony community has any questions at all, just reach out to the project and I’m sure you’ll be amazed by the response.

3 Likes

Following the development of $Useless and the All For One app has been a masterclass on proper business ethics in the defi world. I have been sold every promise imaginable by many “teams” and after the hype settled, there was little of value. The Useless team endorses and lives by the mantra “underpromise, overdeliver.”

They seem disinterested, ironically, in the “useless” fluff a lot of tokens get wrapped up in and pursue utility relentlessly. The eclipse listing that their app features may become a regular stepping stone for tokens and projects in the very near future. It’s hard to summarize the confidence I feel for this project because it has been earned over the course of many months, through positive and negative price action. The team is beyond reproach and I am happy to be along for the ride. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

7 Likes