Hi! My name is Dumitru and this is my candidacy.
I am a family man from Ukraine and I got introduced to Harmony by my son. Inspired by the accessibility of this blockchain and having the idea of a reserve tool that will not keep me tight to the banking tools limits, I created FRATE token on ViperSwap. The next step was expected - to start my own Validator that would use FRATE token as its reserve tool, buying it out on ViperSwap.
And ONLY WHEN creating the Validator I started bumping in those problems which will bump in any NON TECH person seeking to become a Validator - and they will be more of these people and more in the nearest future. The questions are arising starting from the very beginning when you read the docs and not because of the docs, but because we are humans and all new things make us confused and only staying strong we may step forward despite all criticism and fear of failure.
So from here, the decision came up to participate in these elections .
Since the mandate will be only till the end of December 2021 the tasks I will put the effort to fulfill will be:
- Create the Validator’s School.
We need a system that will allow and will motivate new people to become sustainable, knowledgeable Validators. The docs are not enough, even though they are great.
- Work with Community, Harmony Community DAO, and Harmony Team to put in place the possibility for small validators to combine their pool with limits only based on Total Effective Staked Ammount of the small Validators agglomeration.
- Create the system that will allow small Validators, certified by the Validator’s School, to get help acquiring new delegators.
The above 3 tasks comply with Harmony Validator DAO Mandates listed below and from this point look to be achievable to me till the end of the current year :
- Decentralization: bootstrap thousands of elected validators, grow diverse validator profiles
- Security: support high staking rate, promote security practices and tooling
- Participation: facilitate protocol upgrade proposals, recruit votes for improvements
Wish me luck and if you believe that the solutions I specified have to be implemented, vote for me when the elections start.