Validator DAO Council Candidate: BrotherONE

Hey everyone BrotherONE here. I would like to announce my nomination for the Harmony Validator DAO Governor. Back in February 2021, I learned about Harmony Protocol and I have been fascinated by the project. Upon learning about it I became interested in looking for a way participate in it’s growth. This lead me to find the Harmony community. I have seen first hand how amazing our Harmony community is and how it’s growing. I wish to help expand and provide support to all whom wish to learn.

The 3 mandates of the validator DAO are :

1. Decentralization: bootstrap thousands of elected validators, grow diverse validator profiles.
    1. Security: support high staking rate, promote security practices and tooling.
    1. Participation: facilitate protocol upgrade proposals, recruit votes for improvements

Decentralization: Supporting new validators is an essential part of our validator ecosystem. Educating them on how to run a node and establishing their own validator brand are the two important parts of the system. Being a validator comes with a great responsibility that newcomers need to be aware of. We maintain and secure the network by participating in it’s proof of staking system. As a governor I can help new validators first hand with Zoom calls, guides, chat support(telegram) and other avenues of social media to help them set up their node. I want to ensure that new validators know how to create, promote, and share their knowledge to teach others how to do the same. We are not gate keeps but couches/mentors to those who are willing to learn and grow. We are your guide in the validator journey and we hope you are ready for the ride.

Security: Learning how to secure your validator from an unwanted 3rd party intervention is essential to the security of the validator system. Using the correct tools to maintain high level security to protect our delegators and network is what we strive for. I would like to see a 2FA system integration to further increase our node’s security. An example of this is the 1wallet.crazy.one 2FA system. Promoting proper BLS Key management practices can help reduce over usage of keys and clogging up the network slots. These things are subject that require further discussions. I do not plan on inputting my personal views but rather a technical view only. I believe by learning how the proof of staking system works we can come to an understanding on what will be the best practices we need to know to maintain a stable validator election. Understanding this means a better onboarding process for new validators as they learn what the system is capable of.

Participation: As a validator we carry the voices of our delegators and we should share their concerns and educate them on the facts of the system. I would like to drive most of these conversations over to Talk.harmony.one to have the Harmony team see what we discuss. The team can chime in and give feedback to our ideas and it can possibly birth a positive change to the network via proposals. Setting up promoting campaigns to direct people on where to vote and participate in these new and exciting changes.

I want to thank the previous Validator DAO council for their hard work for the first term. @Jimbo_JCR.one, @Maffaz, @slugo_slugom_crypto, @Babylonode, and @Wenneson.

This will be a learning process for myself but I have the confidence that I have the best interest for my fellow validators and i’m willing to learn from all sides of the community. I am dedicated to provide positive feedback and assist those that need my help. Regardless of how the voting goes I will still provide my full support to new Validator DAO and to the Harmony community.

8 Likes

Awesome! Another great fit.

3 Likes

Thank you! Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Great to see you in the nominations pool. A fine candidate

2 Likes

Glad you applied! :harmony: :harmony: :harmony: :harmony:

3 Likes

great to see your nomination, wish you all the best for the election :pray:t3:

2 Likes

You already do a great job at promoting and helping new validators, so I think this is a natural step. I wish you the best of luck!

1 Like

Thank you Maffaz! I appreciate it.

Yes! I was really excited about it and the time has finally come.

Thank you Stakeridoo! Im looking forward to it.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I love promoting and working with the new validators! They are hungry and ready to learn (:

1 Like

My friend good luck! You’d be a great addition. You already have my vote

1 Like

great you might get onboarded!

1 Like