Validator DAO Council Q1 2022 Candidate: Stakeridoo

Hey everyone

I’m Benjamin from Stakeridoo and I am officially entering a nomination for a seat on the Validator DAO Council Term Q1 2022.

About Me:

I started to get into Harmony community in March 2021 on discord and was from there one gaining knowledge about the Validator because we wanted to start one based on a ARM system. I immediately could give to the validator community knowledge I gained so far and help quite a lot of new and existing validator. I wrote the official Guide for the Raspberry Pi Validator Node and been an active Validator since end of May. I also helped numerous people out of the community with several
questions or problems.

I’m actual a governor for the VDAO Q4 2021 and it was a pleasure to work with @frwrdslosh, @HankTheCrank, @Symphony.One, @Abraham, @Maffaz, @RhythmValidator, @ONE4All, @Altocryptotitus and @BrotherOne

What I want to achieve with the VDAO:

• Move forward with the Validator Database and get all a contact of all active Validator to get more participation in Votings and also a faster response to binary updates.
    If you haven’t filled out → Validator on Harmony ONE

• Get the Boostrap Initiative started, we worked on Q4 2021 on it and i’m looking forward for this

• Improve the Docs and create a landing page for VDAO to get faster the information over to new interested one. We have also lately discuss a Video Tutorial which would be awesome if we can create on in collab with the creative DAO

I look forward to assisting the DAO and the Validator Community.

Twitter: Stakeridoo on Twitter
Telegram: ben2k_Stakeridoo on Telegram
Reddit: Stakeridoo on Reddit
Medium: Stakeridoo on Medium
Discord: ben2k_Stakeridoo#9671

8 Likes

It would be great to serve another term with you dude!

3 Likes

I still remember the last talk we had! And I gladly let you know that you changed my mind about it! As I said, experience is the key!

3 Likes

Great working with you last term. I hope you’re able to serve another.

2 Likes

Happy to see you back Ben! looking forward to working with you again!

1 Like

I hope I serve with you again in the coming term, You have been absolutely great in all you do and contribute to the success and development of the VDAO.

1 Like

Twitter Space AMA

Give those listening a brief overview of the VDAO mandates and what each one means for the network:

We have Decentralization, security and participation as mandates.

Under Decentralization I see point like the bootstrap initiative and may an new Your Delegation your Power Guide which helps the diversify, security means getting a higher stake rate and improve security with guides and practice. Participation is a key factor due to more vote and voices we have a more diversify view on points. So we need also participation on talk.harmony.one not only on votes.

As a repeating candidate, please tell those listening, how do you feel you contributed the most and, if elected, what are you looking forward to most in term 3?

May a lot of you got in the last 3 month a message from myself for participation in votings. We had a increase participation in the Term 3 with reaching mostly 60-69% quorum. Also I helped a lot in the base of the DAO like with timesheets, payroll and document handling. I’m looking forward for Term 3 to start the Bootstrap initiative and getting more time on the side of docs & guides with the landing page over and have a better place for the start.

What do DAO’s mean to you and why is participating in governance of the validator community important to you?

The DAO is a important future tool to form working groups around a specific mandate. But it’s also important to open them in future for the Validator community. Hopefully I can help the next Term to find tools and a structure to open the DAO for individuals of the VDAO and not just governors. By bringing our energy together we can archive huge milestones much faster and having different sides of views. Why participation is that important is because we decided where the future goes on if you not participate you can’t complain later you’re not fine with some decision.

1 Like