World Crypto Economic Forum

Name of Event/Project

World Crypto Economic Forum hosted at SF Bay Area on June 2nd and 3rd, 2022

Proposal overview

Hi everyone, my name is Kuzma and I’m the CEO and co-founder of www.wcef.io

We host high quality blockchain events. Our inaugural conference headlined by Nick Szabo in 2018 attracted over 1500 attendees, 40 sponsors, and 150 speakers over 2 days and 2 tracks. It took us 1.5 months of focused work to pull everything together.

Earlier this year we also hosted the first Crypto Real Estate Summit in partnership with the Propy team in Miami (www.propy.com/browse/cres) and we decided to revive our WCEF series post-lockdown and bring back the highest quality content and networking to the Bay Area.

Our event focuses on Crypto. Bitcoin 2022 has played a pivotal role in advancing Bitcoin, Devcon has done the same for Ethereum, and Consensus for large institutions, but the crypto universe is far broader.

Hence our core focus is on Crypto and more specifically to bring the crypto startup world together. What better place to hold our event than in the storied Silicon Valley & SF Bay Area that have the most developers, innovators, venture capitalists and startup talent in the world.

WCEF will be covering the most exciting topics in Decentralized Finance, Web 3.0, Decentralized Autonomous Organizations, NFT, Metaverses, Gaming and more both from business, economic and technical perspectives as well as big picture topics about crypto’s impact in the world economy. We want to bring new leaders to our event to help shape the world together.

We will be happy to have someone from the Harmony core team to speak at our event at no charge, but we’d also appreciate it if the community votes to support our event as a sponsor.

Proposal ask

We have a few sponsorship options, but based on my understanding the Harmony community is interested in software developers so I’m proposing to sponsor a workshop for developers we plan to host either in parallel to our main event or the day before. At this point we are flexible and are happy to work together to create the best possible form of content for our audience.

Metrics for success

Our overall goal for attendees is over 2000, from which we hope to get 200+ developers.

External links

A link for our sponsor deck for more details and packages with pricing - WCEF Sponsor Deck (1).pdf - Google Drive

2 Likes

Thank you for submitting a proposal to Harmony’s $300M Ecosystem Fund. We are in the process of reviewing your proposal and will assign a representative on behalf of the Grants Ops team.

We would also love :blue_heart: to have the Harmony community participate to ask questions and provide feedbacks.

If you have more details to add, please do so by replying to this thread.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply, I’m happy to answer any questions.

I met Kuzma at the Crypto & Real Estate conference in Miami in March. He helped put it together, and I think it was well-run and overall a great conference.

I’m excited to see the return of the World Crypto Economic Forum and it seems like it might be a great event to bring additional Harmony exposure to.

I’d urge the core team to take up their offer on speaking at the event free of charge! Perhaps @lij or @stse generally; @Sam on DAOs; @giv on gaming/metaverse; or @rongjian on the technical side?

And if there’s a good fit in terms of sponsorship or partnership opportunities, I think that’d be great to explore.

2 Likes

Hey @essalacher, just wanted to check in and see if there is any progress with the review. I’ll be happy to jump on a call and discuss the details if someone from the team is available.

Thanks!

Thank you for your interest and for bringing this to our forum, @Kuzma_Frost

Unfortunately, we are not sponsoring any events at this time. We are happy to discuss speaking opportunities if the option is still available.

We welcome you to check back on the forum for more updates regarding events funding status. :blue_heart: