Centralized trading platforms such as Binance reach a large number of users in our country, but the interest in the Web3 ecosystem and potentially well developed chains such as Harmony is negligible. We can examine the analysis of cryptocurrency awareness in Turkey by looking at a study conducted in 2021. According to the survey,
- 96% of the own at least one cryptocurrency, mainly university-educated men in their 30s.
- Over 79% of Turkish users rely on Twitter and Telegram as sources of information when researching cryptocurrencies.
- Up to 22% of the users surveyed hold DeFi tokens such as LINK, UNI, AAVE, SNX, and YFI.
As the Block Genesix community, we are establishing a new blockchain-focused and more development-oriented community in Ankara. Cryptocurrencies are seen as just investment vehicles, and even most software people who hold cryptocurrencies know almost nothing about blockchain technologies. We want to turn this interest in Turkey into a format that can generate value.
The use of cryptocurrencies and its integration into daily life are important, but we need developers to develop technologies sufficiently, the events do not go beyond presentations and it is incredibly difficult to find technically trained people. We decided to create such a community where we focus on the technical part and raise awareness about this and encourage more people to develop in the ecosystem.
We plan to include 4 speakers and a technical dApp development workshop in our first event.
Our event includes 3 presentations, 1 panel and 1 workshop.
- Harmony Presentation (If possible, we kindly request a video from Harmony core team to watch our attendees about Harmony start of the our presentation.) - Presentation
- Blockchain 101 (Focused on technical aspect) - Presentation
- University Community Panel with 2 university blockchain communities - Panel
- Governance: 0 to 1 - Presentation
- Hands-on basic dApp development on Harmony Blockchain (dApp will be clarified according to the trainer) - Workshop
There are guests we are talking to at the moment, but we need financial support to develop and publicize the event. We would like to set this event to a date in June after arranging the sponsors. After receiving approval, we will publish the event date clearly and start taking registrations. After creating the first event of our community with this event, we will publish our first harmony-focused newsletter series for 3 months, and we will keep in constant communication with the developers in Turkey and continue to strive to develop more quality projects in the ecosystem.
We founded an ACM student chapter - one of the most well-known computer communities in the world - in our university. By organizing multiple events from small workshops to panels, we have reached more than 1400 registered members and more than 5000 people in total at our events. You can check this link for past event details. In addition, we have been the student representative of companies such as NVIDIA and Microsoft, and we closely follow the events in the technology world. With these experiences, we know how to organize a good event, strengthen our community, and we want to organize good events in the Harmony ecosystem.
Today, we are preparing new projects for the Harmony ecosystem in the blockchain space and creating a community to meet people like us and get them to build. Harmony needs skilled developers.
Co-founder and ex - development team leader of VoldemArt NFT Marketplace (On Harmony), also ex Harmony Turkey DAO governor. As an experienced full-stack developer, he had completed various web applications with a strong interest in cloud technologies. He has been dealing with cryptocurrencies and smart contracts since 2020 and currently doing undergraduate studies in computer science.
Founding vice-chair of ACM Student Chapter and acted as an ambassador and certified instructor of many organizations including Microsoft, and NVIDIA. He was working with AI video pipelines at an NVIDIA distributor company in Turkey before getting involved with blockchain. Experienced in Solidity smart contracts for about 2 years and currently doing undergraduate studies in computer science.
We are requesting a total of $7500 for the initial foundation costs of the community and the expenses of this conference.
- Hotel Conference Area for 150 person - $3000 (per person $20)
- Harmony & Community Swags, Registration Materials (150 person) - $1500
- Website & Technical Debts For Event Marketing- $500
- University Blockchain community transportation & accomodation (4 person) - $500
- Special dinner with community members, speakers & transportation (30 person) - $700
- Snack beverages for 150 person - $400
- Zoom license for future events (1 year) - $200
- Photographer - $200
- Speaker Gifts - $250
- Roll Up & Flags - $250
- +150 attendees
- Hands-on basic dApp development on Harmony Blockchain with 150 developers
- Introduce Harmony to most-known university blockchain communities in Turkey
- +20 person who joins most known Harmony DAO’s (Core or regional DAO’s)
- Harmony related monthly newsletter for 3 months (3 newsletter)
- Continuing online activities of our blockchain-focused community
- Opening of Twitter & Telegram channels
We eagerly await your comments. @essalacher