A Question to Start

Dear community,

Is there any way you could provide me a “hello world” kind of code and a few pointers to what IDE and environment setting should I try in order to tweek a little bit some development on Harmony? I would like to get started to see whether I could further contribute in the future. Currently, I own quite a lot of ONE and I would like to go past being only a retail investor to someone that really have some experience on DAO for Harmony and to have a more concrete idea of the bottlenecks.

Thank you so much in advance,
Pedro

1 Like

Hi Pedro, welcome! We have a ton of resources, tools, and tutorials. It really depends how deep you want to go. Harmony being an EVM compatible ecosystem means you also have access to a wealth of resources made for Ethereum. If you’re just getting started as a web3 developer, my personal favorite beginner resource is https://cryptozombies.io/

Learn the fundamentals of smart contracts, dapp development, testing etc then head on over to docs.harmony.one to learn how to deploy your apps on the Harmony blockchain.

Once you’ve ramped up, you can pick any of our public repos and contribute to them.

Good luck!

1 Like