About the DAO Proposals category

100 DAOs ($50M).

Governors of each DAO have delegated autonomy over its assets and initiatives. Harmony helps define 3 broad mandates, recruit 9 governors, define the deliverables and metrics for the first 3 months, and fund at maximum $1M.

We recommend $75 to $350 per hour as the self-assessed salary, 3-month election terms, retroactive peer bonus and performance feedback, 80% passing votes, and openly tracking timesheets and deliverables for each member.

25 Likes

Team,

Is there a list of steps to help get involved?

1 Like

Hello @Culverin – Thanks for asking!
As far as a “list of steps” - not yet. I would join the Discord server as a start – discord.gg/VYH76JcTMw – and join one of the DAO channels. There are already discussions going on and that is the first place I would start.

There will be a more formal “list of steps” soon (we are finishing an integration of some tools that will help.)

Thanks! Look forward to seeing you there!

6 Likes

Hi Sam,
Has the formal list of steps been released yet? I’m working with a peer-to-peer 0% interest lending group for regenerative agriculture I think would benefit GREATLY from organizing a DAO. Could someone from the team assist me?
Thanks!

1 Like

i don’t mean to imply i am a member of the team, or to step on the teams toes. . .

but i would encourage you to go look at some previous accepted proposals under the “DAO” or “Launches” tabs under Funding Proposals.

If it’s a DAO proposal usually they are looking for ‘mandates’ and ‘deliverables’.

And for launches usually it’s working products that will get funding.

That’s from what an active community member has noticed.

There have been several to receive funding. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Brilliant vision!!! I always was, I am a HUGE believer in organic marketing.
We are all ONE for the same case! So wonderful, I am so tankful for HARMONY and for this community!! Let’s keep in going, together we are ONE💙!!

1 Like

Hello @frwrdslosh @Sam sorry i am new to DAO, so currently understanding the format.

The amount of time/hr i can see but their is any limitation for hour/day , or it can be decided by DAO governors only ?

Second point - you mention about retroactive bonus , what is it ? Is it depend upon performance or extra time efforts by governors ?

Third point - Regarding Re-election, like a 9 Governors formed the dao and they completed the 3 months tenure. So after re -election process, past governors dont have chance to re - elect again , if they completed 3 months tenure successfully obviously??

Thanks

6 Likes

We would like to expand on point number 3 with a few additional questions.

• Can governors sit for more than one term?
  • Is it viable to have the community to vote, every three months, whether new governors election is needed.
  • If it is not, can the existing governors be automatically confirmed for another 3 months term.

Looking forward to this clarification.

Thanks

@frwrdslosh and @Sam

Hello @JellyDiver :wave:

DAO’s should be a structured organization with fluid parameters. Anyone can build a DAO on Harmony and have any structure. However, in order to receive a bootstrap grant for the DAO treasury, we have certain criteria needed. View the guidelines, here.

Let me answer your questions within the scope of our guidelines.

Absolutely!

It is viable and necessary.

This has happened with the @harmony_dev_dao and the Validator DAO. If only 9 governors run for re-election then they are confirmed, but there still needs to be a vote to confirm.

1 Like

I love the DAO vision, I truly believe that the future of collaboration!

1 Like

I love how this works

1 Like

Have all the 100 DAO been created and funded?

I am thinking of encouraging my son to start one under my technical supervision

actually I have three good cause DAO’s. two of which would something new

1 Like

We are still yet to complete the 100 DAO Goal. You can share your idea on a talk post and get reviews. Then you would have to create a proposal. There is a template for creating a DAO proposal.

Looking forward to the amazing things that your son would create as a DAO.

Thanks

Amazing to see DAOs at harmony!