Concerns About Harmony's Future

To be clear, the internal conversation between CU and Harmony has been 100% bi-directional for the exception of two messages sent from the CU team, each sent within only a 24 hour period. The conversation, until those two messages (March 10th and March 11th), was reciprocal. That said I ask that we are given more than 24-hours to reply before it’s assumed that someone “cannot get the team to respond” or anyone is labeled as being ignored. We have been available and responsive in private conversation for months. I do not think this is an unfair request.

Thank you.

4 Likes

I appreciate that you guys are listening and becoming more responsive/engaging with the community. I’ll admit that some of my responses didn’t help the conversation at all. However, I don’t think it’s unfair to say that some of his messages went ignored for longer than 24hrs. Again, I appreciate the fact that you all are working on repairing anything that has been lost.

Edit: Daniel, I’d also like to add that the only reason I get so passionate about these things is because of how much I care about this ecosystem.

1 Like

Another thought from a neutral standpoint.

1. Thinking back, what brought you to Harmony and why did you decide to build your project here?

2. If Harmony didn’t have a grant program, (a booster), would you still choose Harmony over another chain? If so, why ?

I have heard many things about other chains, and with so many out there, I have trouble following the main ones. I’m always keen on learning the pros and cons. I migrated my portfolio to Harmony because its speed and fees. The low fees made this the best option at the time I made that decision. I still think there is room for improvement, i.e. resolving RPC issues, getting more CEX listings, etc. But its hard to argue the speed and fee structure. Again, I don’t have a lot of exposure to other chains, but I can and do hold the representative tokens on the Harmony chain, taking advantage of those price movements in my overall portfolio.

You guys make decisions and never follow through with them and cost a lot of people money.

1 Like

To be fair, they’ve explained that numerous times already

Several whales were buying up LOOT to be able to swap for OneFi and dump it immediately upon OneFi launch. It would’ve killed OneFi and your personal investment :person_shrugging:

OneFi wanted to help out those who were affected by the original LOOT team, but instead, a few bad actors were trying to manipulate the situation and take advantage of everyone. Shirley you wouldn’t have wanted that

2 Likes

Just playing devils advocate here:

Do you think maybe you complicated the proposal? (Never read it)
DO you think maybe your TAM is too small and they need to allocate those funds with larger TAMs?

Just a thought.

I’ve been following this thread over the past weeks or so after it popped up and I would like to offer help to CU/DeFira/any GameFi project through the ARCADE launchpad my team is building on Harmony focusing exclusively on GameFi projects only.

The ARCADE team composes of traditional finance people with experience in fund raising and IPOs. Through our network and experience, we intend to bring in both traditional sources of funding and additional cross-chain liquidity into promising projects with sustainable tokenomics. Our goal is to work with everyone in the Harmony GameFi community to grow the ecosystem as ONE community.

@wizzardblizzard what you are doing is surely a massive undertaking and I respect your ambition. Please feel free to drop me a DM here or on our Discord if you want to work on some collaboration. Let’s support each other.

How it’s going? :smiley: LF more updates :frowning:

$ONE to the moon this year! :philippines: :point_up_2: :grinning:

TBH, i share a lot of concerns, the DAOs AMA was a clusterfuck.
i personally could not be there but, i did see comments from people who were, and i can only say that its severely dissapointing.
people dont get into crypto over DAOs, they get in for the money and the freedom to do what you want with it.

3 Likes

Daniel, our lead game dev Dragoslav, and I all had a meeting recently that restored confidence that Harmony is understanding the need to focus more on the projects already within its ecosystem, so I look forward to seeing how that would look like, not just for Cosmic Universe, but for all legitimate projects deciding to build on top of Harmony.

5 Likes

if this is the case then great, more people should know about this

1 Like

We r all looking forward to see that

was it recorded? the AMA? I’ve been away with my head down working for a while

1 Like

As a long time validator, all I have to say is:

The consensus on what gets funding and what does not should come from Harmony’s consensus voting mechanism.

Proposal: [Proposal]: Stakeholder/validator treasury governance

4 Likes