Creative DAO Council Q2 2022 Candidate: Beeks Vybe

Hello all,
My name is Beeks Vybe.

A short background about me: I am a Billboard charting music producer and recording engineer based out of Los Angeles. I used to run my own record label Vybehouse, and still currently own my own recording studio, and work mostly with independent artists from all across the world these days as a freelance mix engineer and producer. I have a giant chip on my shoulder about the Spotify and the music industry overall in the web2 space. I am a music industry expat finding my way in the web3 world but sadly I am not very bullish on the music NFT scene as of yet. I fear our issue is still primarily legal and not technical challenges. As I see it, the legal constraints still keep the web2 platforms for music moated in security, and NFTs will soon be integrated into web2 platforms (just ask DistroKid, they will tell you themself). I’m obviously against Spotify and I find them evil and predatory so I am here to fight the good fight to create a better future for musicians and artists in web3, and especially in Harmony.

For the sake of transparency: I was not considering running this term for a Governor position for the Creative DAO, as I have just been recently elected Governor for the Community DAO this upcoming term, but I see a need for representation for willing and able bodies to contribute to this effort. To put it simply: I am willing to put in the work, and help facilitate the creative demands of Harmony’s community.

1. What is the role of the Creative DAO in the Harmony community and how do you plan to advance its mission?

The role of the Creative DAO is to become the official hub for all creative bounties for the Harmony creative, artistic, marketing, and promotional initiatives related to Harmony One. It should be the place where video editors, copy writers, music composers, audio engineers, graphic designers, visual 3D artists and every other creative can cross-pollinate and utilize the strength of Harmony’s community to push its ability to organically market better than any other blockchain out there in 2022. I plan to advance this mission by identifying the current problems surrounding the Creative DAO and its funding, and working to problem solve with the active Creative DAO community and Governors as quickly as possible to resolve and progress forward.

1. How do you organize, plan, and prioritize your work?

The short answer is I organize as needed, I plan accordingly, and prioritize by importance. I have worked for others and worked or myself for many years as a music producer and studio owner, and have developed a strong self-starter work ethic as well as comprehensive understanding that if you don’t do the work, the job doesn’t get done.

1. Tell us about a suggestion you’ve made that has benefitted an organization you’ve worked for.

I’ve been both a quiet recording engineer for an artist in the studio and an executive producer & manager for recording artists, and when dealing with the creative minds of the artists, the artists family/significant others, the label, the publicist, the A&R’s, and business manager, conflicts of interest can arise. Being able to work as a team player and still contribute, as well as take the lead when it’s your time of particular expertise is something well oiled organizations can learn to do. I have helped shape these types of teams that can ultimately wok together, and hope to contribute the lessons learned.

1. Why are you the best person for a role on the Creative DAO council?

I think I bring a particular knowledge and set of skills with my background as a music producer and audio engineer. There’s many of us music producers out of there, and so many of us are disgruntled with the web2 world. I believe there should be someone representing this group of creatives as Music NFTs are one of the biggest narratives of 2022. In the words of Jimmy Iovine, I want to push the needle forward.

1. Fast forward 3 months - what will a successful term have looked like?

Harmony Creative DAO is the de facto go to place when Harmony’s core marketing team is looking for support as well as every Harmony project looking to bootstrap itself with an array of creative bounties. We will be the hub of premier creative talent and design in the web3 space. Long live Harmony.

3 Likes