Community DAO Council Q2 2022 Candidate: Beeks Vybe

Hey Harmony family, my name is Beeks Vybe and I’ve quietly been a Harmony community member since July 2021 where I first joined the Harmony Telegram. Since then, it honestly feels like I’ve grown in the crypto space with Harmony, and from Telegram I migrated to Twitter and found a bunch of the Harmony tribe there :blue_heart:, to discovering the rabbit hole that is discord. These days, you can usually just find me in the Defi Kingdoms discord, or even might catch me lurking in Defira or Hermes Defi’s servers asking questions to a mod.

As I stated in the beginning, I’m pretty shy in nature, but loud once you get to know me. It’s not my typical speed to run or nominate myself for a position like Governor of a DAO right off the bat, but I am a tried and true Harmony community member, and as someone who cares about the success of this network, I know the paramount value that a community that uses the network brings. I’m honestly not satisfied with where the current state of things are in the Harmony ecosystem, and rather than sitting back and criticizing, I want to get involved. I started asking different Governors questions and getting referred to ways in which I could help, and this open candidacy was presented. So this is me throwing my name in the hat, and hoping to make a better positive impact on the Harmony community.

1. Are there obstacles you see in being able to commit up to 10 hours/week as a DAO governor? This amount of time is not a requirement, but an inability to commit time by some members has been an obstacle for the current DAO council in progressing objectives.

No, there are no obstacles in being able to provide up to 10 hours/week as a DAO Governor. I have a flexible irl job with a work-from-home situation so I am able to utilize the hours in my days to my liking most of the time.

1. What skills and/or abilities do you hope to bring that would be beneficial to the Community DAO?

From a skills standpoint, I’m a music producer and audio engineer with a recording studio. I’m a writer and currently building my portfolio with a focus on crypto and the Harmony ecosystem as I’m an eager p2e investor. I also am an officer in a Harmony based gaming guild that has over 500 community members, and I help manage the day-to-day duties that go into running the events and functions that keep a guild growing, attractive and fun. As much as I am a member in the Harmony community today, I think I am able to present a louder more meaningful voice for the community as well, which is what I hope to do as a Governor.

1. How long have you been in the Harmony community and why do you want to run for a position on the council?

I’ve quietly been involved with Harmony since July 2021. I first joined the Telegram, then moved to Twitter, until I found myself in Discord, where you can currently find me usually in the DFK server or my own Harmony guild’s server. As to why do I want to run for a position on the council, it’s really not in my nature to run for these positions. I’m coming from a place of wanting to be a voice for the people that are really investing their money into the ecosystem and hoping for the best management this community can get. I’m hoping to put my best foot forward to try and make a better effort to contribute to this initiative. And if in 3 months the decision is that I am not able to contribute better to the community in this way, then I’m only glad that the system is efficient enough to work until it finds the ones that are able to take Harmony to the next level.

1. What timezone do you live in for the purposes of potentially scheduling a 2nd AMA?

I live in Pacific Standard time zone.

16 Likes

So glad you’re doing this, Beeks! Harmony is already better off with you in it—I can only imagine you’d be a fantastic fit for this.

3 Likes

Love the knowledge beats you keep dropping dude. Keep it up!

2 Likes

I have been working with Beeks on several projects and initiatives already for months and I have only admiration and respect for him and for the way he works, he behaves, he talks and he acts.

Beeks has a great sense of responsibility, excellent manners, and knows well how to talk with people, he is well-liked for everyone around him plus is friendly and correct and always careful and determined about anything he gets involved in.

I admire many virtues of him I do not possess like a great capacity for analyzing situations with calm, great patience but also resolution in front of complex situations.

His honesty and open personality, the transparent way he works and behaves, plus his great skills as a writer and musician are just a gift to the rest of what he can offer as a governor on a DAO

With pleasure, I strongly support him as a candidate for Governor.

3 Likes

You have my support Beeks! With your knowledge and the skills you have in this ecosystem, you’re certainly a good fit to be a governor!

3 Likes

thank you very much for the kind words Starl3xx it means a lot

1 Like

Those are incredibly kind words Sejin. Thank you for your support!

2 Likes

You are the best Huzzah, thank you for your support!

1 Like

I’ll do my best Jae, thank you for the support!

I literally just created an account to support my friend beeksvybe (aka. Beeks)… Let me tell you why:

1. Beeks is one of the hardest-working individuals I’ve ever had the pleasure with which to collaborate.

2. Beeks is genuine. I can count on them to support me when they agree with what I’m doing/saying and I can count on them to discuss with me when they don’t agree with what I’m doing/saying.

3. Beeks is a VERY talented person in a multitude of ways. Music production, video production, writing articles, deep-dive analysis, and co-leading a group of hundreds on Discord. All of their work has been stupendous and exceeds every expectation.

4. Beeks cares about the Harmony community and creating a positive impact on those with which they interact. I’ve seen this person spend countless hours helping to onboard new players into DFK (DefiKingdoms) as well as explaining/discussing game mechanics and “alpha” with seasoned players. Beyond DFK, Beeks has also done their research on various other projects on the Harmony Network.

5. Last, but certainly not least, Beeks is one of VERY few people I truly trust in this space. It’s probably due to the support, genuine attitude, and leadership behaviors I listed above, but I trust this person to always do what is necessary and “right”.

As I said, I created an account to support my friend. But as you can see, there’ s a lot more to it than just that. I hope they are considered for this opportunity because I know they will exceed any of the council’s expectations as well.

3 Likes

You are the man. Thank you Doso. Your support is everything!

I was honestly a bit unfamiliar with you upon initially reading your post, but seeing you take this process seriously and being able to converse earlier this week on twitter space, I believe you to have your head in it for the right reasons and could see you being an asset to the dao. You have my support!

2 Likes

Thank you for your support Harmonious dude! :handshake::blue_heart:

Fresh idea will be great for CDAO bro! Happy to have to in this CDAO candidacy! :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks ONE Bull, I really appreciate your support for my candidacy!

1 Like

The level of leadership Beeks displays on a regular basis combined with his passion, knowledge and desire for transparency in all facets would make him an amazing addition to the DAO.

He has my full support.

2 Likes

Multi-talented artist with a broad skill set that meshes well with the harmony one ecosystem. This guy has been super helpful in my knowledge of the space and hope to him here doing great things.

3 Likes

i have been grateful to interact with him in one of my channels that i are part of and i believe he really cares about the community just for the sake of helping.
And also a music producer 10/10

total support for Beeks !

3 Likes

Beeks, you have my strongly support as a candidate for governor. Such a hardworking man, good skills and knowledge overall of the ecosystem, let’s go!

5 Likes

Beeks has been an excellent officer and great friend! I trust he is going to be a very effective DAO member and will have plenty of information and good Vybes to bring to the table!

1 Like