I’ve had a think about mandates for the Creative DAO. What do you think fellow creatives?
Suggested mandates for Creative DAO:
Branding: Uniform messaging for all content across the Harmony ecosystem
Bounties: Commissioning creatives to produce content that aligns with Harmony’s branding
Inclusion: Content supports equal access and opportunities for all people
Suggested deliverables for the first 3 months:
- 9 governors and establishment of the Initial Council
- Establishing the operational parameters of the DAO - how Council members are elected, what their responsibilities are, how the DAO interacts with other DAOs and the community at large, how proposals are made and voted on, the use of DAO funds.
- Election of a Persistent Council
Thank you for kicking this off @rocket.crazy.one - this is a very important DAO because it encompasses creative content as well as marketing efforts. More focus on marketing is something the community has been asking for.
So maybe the mandate could include something that touches on that. We want to make sure we’re not just creating creative content for the sake of creating them, but content that is solving specific problems. Then we need a way to measure the success of those campaigns. e.g. views, interaction, user reach, conversions, funnels etc.
Just my 2c
Yes! Agree - I think that’s what I was going for with the inclusion mandate. Or it could be included in an updated branding/messaging guide?
Edit: or in the governance document itself, that I assume will flesh out the mandates.
Thanks, @rocket.crazy.one for putting this together. I like where your head is at.
I would love to see something about covering all of the divergent content types. For example - Infographics, How-to videos, brand stickers, short form writing, long form writing, etc…
And I really like the idea of the creative DAO having something to do with the the official branding… but I don’t want to cut out the team working on that from the core… do you think there should be a line about working w/ the Core team on branding? Not necessary - but I thought I would mention it.
The one other thing I would flag – I don’t know if a “Persistent Council” is the best way forward. Governors will tend towards wanting to stay in place. I think the best move is for everyone to understand that it is a three month term - and people are elected every three months.
I have added “Marketing” to the current mandates @giv :
Branding: Uniform messaging and Marketing for all content across the Harmony ecosystem
Bounties : Commissioning creatives to produce content that aligns with Harmony’s branding
Inclusion : Content supports equal access and opportunities for all people
However the suggested deliveries for the first 3 months from @rocket.crazy.one should be changed in my opinion, the preparation should be ready ASAP:
9 governors and establishment of the Initial Council - this will be ready immediately after vote, including multisig wallet creation.
Establishing the operational parameters of the DAO - how Council members are elected, what their responsibilities are, how the DAO interacts with other DAOs and the community at large, how proposals are made and voted on, the use of DAO funds. this is all ready in my opinion, we follow Harmony DAO standards.
-how Council members are elected? using Snapshot vote Snapshot)
-what their responsibilities are? The responsible are following the mandates accordingly
-how proposals are made and voted on? using Snapshot vote Snapshot)
The deliveries should be following the mandates and with metrics:
- Increase Harmony branding awareness with uniform content across the Harmony ecosystem
- Creation of creative content (Infographics, How-to videos, brand stickers, short form writing, long form writing that aligns with Harmony’s branding, (as proposed @Sam )
- 2-3 Weekly posts
- 1 weekly Video
- 1 weekly infographics with Harmony Ecosystem
Below the topics that we need in a short term IMO:
1 - Froze the Mandates
2 - Logo for the Creative DAO (i will propose one ASAP)
3 - Creative DAO snapshot slot for vote (I can do it after the logo ready)
4 - Creative DAO Kickoff & Elections - similar what @giv have done with Developer DAO Developer DAO Kickoff & Elections
5 - Timeline announcement
@Sam Here is my proposal for timeline (we need to be sure that don´t overlap with other DAOs vote - we need a DAOboard with all up-to-date overwiew)
- September 26, 2021 : The election date is announced.
- Candidates will have 2 weeks to introduce themselves and present their qualifications on Forum > Governance > Creative DAO .
- Ideal candidates must demonstrate:
- Their familiarity with Harmony and its content across the Harmony ecosystem.
- Links to their contributions on Harmony
- Description of decentralized applications they have worked on (links, demos, videos).
- Track record of assisting community members.
- Long record following Harmony values.
- Nice to have:
- Experience writing documentation.
- Photoshop skills
- Active on social media and influencer
- Leading and managing designers/content creation youtuber/Marketing teams.
- Experience running talks and events.
- The community will have a chance to review and ask questions.
- AMA for all candidates on the first week of October (call).
- Oct 10, 2021, 9 am PT : Snapshot is created and announced across all channels.
- Elections will be held for a period of 1 week.
- Candidates are encouraged to promote themselves and share their Forum post across different channels.
- Oct 17, 2021, 9 am PT : 9 governors will be elected for a 3-month term.
- Multisig wallet creation and funding.
Great work Mando. Thanks for updating the mandates. The dates look good. Let’s get in to it!
I think before we announce dates we should first see if we are able to recruit enough candidates. At least 9 creatives and marketing folks to intro themselves and run for elections. How do we recruit?
here is the first proposal for the Creative DAO logo made from Ali Tuhin:
let me know your thoughts, i like it very much.
if the team is OK, we can proceed with snapshot slot creation
Creative DAO you say? This all looks very enticing. I’m sure many members of the community would be interested in helping get this off the ground.
If we like Bruno’s graphics (i think they’re beautiful) we can move forward by launching a coordinated post across the social media channels introducing the Creative DAO and then ask for nominees to step forward over the next few weeks.
These look fantastic Bruno - great work Ali!
I think a good step to recruiting would be to give Creative it’s own section on the forums like Devs/Community/Validators.
I know several creative people that would love to help out but aren’t even aware of the Creative DAOs planned existence.
I saw this! Thats why Im here… following!!