Crypto Royale – a play-to-earn Battle Royale game, with no up-front investment

This is one of the most well written funding proposals I’ve come across in the talk.harmony.one forum. The Crypto Royale team is active on social media, responsive, and has created a fun game that’s mentioned quite frequently on the r/Harmony_One subreddit. I personally would be interested in seeing how the project team can expand upon the existing game through additional funding.

6 Likes

Here is a link to our product dev management tool, which we forgot to include in the application:

It has a voting mechanism built-in, used by the Crypto Royale community to direct product development over the last 3 months. A partial list of features added since launch can be seen on this page:

5 Likes

Quick update of our growth numbers. Two weeks on from the grant application, and we’ve hit new records in daily games played, as well as daily active players. Many thanks to @RockTheBlockchain for their supportive message above, as well as their endorsement on the Harmony subreddit where a lot of the new players came from!

Daily Games: 44% growth in two weeks!
Active Daily Players: 33% higher than previous record.

5 Likes

Congratulations Crypto Royale team. You have been approved for the $50k Launches grant. Your detailed proposal is exemplary. Well done.

As per the guidelines you will be eligible for retroactive funding since you are already on mainnet. The rest of the grant will be issued upon DAO creation and 2x of key user metrics.

More info about next steps here. We’re looking forward to working with you!

10 Likes

This is definitely one of the cutting edge projects at Harmony. Lately I’ve started to play more often and told a couple of my friends. The idea came to me that it would be cool to introduce a referral program, it would launch an additional wave of new users, and join our ranks of Harmonauts. :rocket:

3 Likes

Congratulations Crypto Royale.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you for re-opening the thread @Jacksteroo .

As promised here is our multi-sig wallet address for the grant: 0x061328D66e41A2A1C13Fb297a49108056356DA18

For everyone else:

Crypto Royale has seen continuned growth. Active users almost tripled since the the last update (posted on Oct 4th), culminating in 40,000 games played in a single 24 hour span a few days ago.

We’ll post a new chart shortly, but for now here is what things looked like 2 weeks ago (Oct 18th).

4 Likes

As promised, updated charts for games played and players in (24 hours).

2 Likes

the first tranche of the grant has been funded: Harmony Blockchain Explorer

3 Likes

Thank you Li!

For those still following our updates, here’s a map we put together of all the people who’ve played Crypto Royale in recent months.

5 Likes

Two quick updates:

(1) We’re happy to announce that Crypto Royale has created an interim DAO. This DAO will handle governance issues until the main DAO comes online later this year (or early next year), which itself will involve all ROY holders instead of a select few.

The DAO has been set-up using Aragon and can be observed here:

https://client.aragon.org/#/cryptoroyaledao1/

(2) ROY is now listed on coingecko: Crypto Royale (ROY) price today, chart, market cap & news | CoinGecko

4 Likes

Google analytics Active Users:

1 Like

I’m still playing as much as ever, great to see the game growing from strength to strength. Looking at the plans submitted in this application it seems the project is right on track

1 Like

Congratulations on getting listed on Coingecko. Very excited for the future of this project.

1 Like

Congrats on the listing! Happy to see the game growing steadily.

Updated chart for games played per day.

35% increase since last update on Nov 10th. i.e. 16 days ago.

Uptick came mostly from some organic mentions on the CryptoCurrency subreddit.

400% growth since the original grant application. No marketing spend as of yet.

4 Likes

Here is an insight into our community’s growth. Discord is our community’s primary communication channel, and you can see its growth in the chart below:

You can join yourself here: Crypto Royale

1 Like

This grant has been funded for achieving all of the launch grant milestones: Harmony Blockchain Explorer

4 Likes