Validator name

Crypt0Tech

Staking Profile

Staking Profile

Crypt0Tech Validator

Commission %

0% (until epoch 858)

Infrastructure Setup

We run a VPS with 8 vcpu 32 GB Memory / 800 GB Disk NVMe.

Have a redundant node comprised by 8 cores / 16 GB Memory / 2 TB disk

About us

Introduce you and your team

Crypto Enthusiast, actually an active Officer from Brazilian Navy, diving at HarmonyOne Protocol since June, Staking at first and after reading all the docs, decided to be part of the Network as a validator and help securing it. Not a coder , but very curious and learned all that needs to run nodes and got some experience from other nodes that are still maintained and run on other blockchains.

Our Harmony Validator Spotlight with more relevant info can be found at oficial Harmony reddit post

Describe how you were first introduced to harmony

Ar first, in the middle of 2020, when taking part of the Sesameseed project, if finished around may 2021, so I went after more information about the HarmonyOne and got amazed with the community and all that project was trying to achieve. And most importantly, the way it was trying to reach its goals.

How would you do things differently?

Well, since I started to be a validator I became more aware of what really takes to be one. It’s endless grinding, endless shouting, endless posting, endless marketing. But even all of this maybe could not be enough. It’s not possible for someone to be active in all social media, to pay attention to all requests, to be able to answer all doubts clearly. And the entrance barrier to become elected is always increasing. I’ve seen elections that with around 200k you could make a validator elected, but now, with almost 1.5kk you barely sit at the 900 slot position.

So to make it more democratic, the gamechanger that I believe , would be if the bls-keys could be assigned by the protocol itself, after reaching a threshold, the validator could flag it to accept key assignment by the protocol or he could disable it, and remain with they keys that they have. By doing this, it’ll prevent any malicious intent by the bigger validators, while ensuring that it would still receive high rewards based on their stake.

The change above, along with the proper visibility given to the new and unelected validator, will ensure that the protocol remains decentralized.

The validators work Is all about decentralization and to ensure a smooth and secure operation we need as many able validators as possible!

Validator Pledge

Harmony’s Effective Proof-of-Stake Validators are the backbones of the Harmony infrastructure. I/We shall pledge to constantly run an up-to-date validator, promote a decentralized validator community, and use best practices of running a validator service.

I have read the Terms and Concepts in detail and fully understood its purpose, possess the know-how of running this service, and know the risk-rewards to run this service. I/We fully understand Harmony’s Definitive Guide to Harmony Open Staking://harmony.one/epos)