Valyd8Chain - New Validator

Validator Name

Valyd8Chain

Staking Profile

Commision %

Minimum fees. 0% commission until the protocol mandated 5% on Epoch 855.

About Us

We are two brother-in-laws who bonded over our common interest in the crypto space, especially our interest in Harmony and its potential. One of us is a software engineer who works in Silicon Valley. The other is a financial analyst in San Francisco. We want provide a top-notch validator, contribute to the decentralization and growth of Harmony, be a resource to the Harmony community, and provide our delegators with high, reliable rewards. We run redundant nodes in San Francisco and Frankfurt to maximize our uptime.

We first heard about Harmony in late 2020 from comments and posts in various crypto subreddits. After doing some due diligence and research on it, we were beyond excited. The ecosystem was awesome and it quickly became the coin we believed in most. For the past 4 months or so we had heard people talking about the Validator initiative and the desire to bring in more validators to help with decentralization. We had always wanted to do more with Harmony that just use it, so it was a no-brainer for us to set up the nodes at that point.

Fast forward 1.5 months from launching our nodes and we’ve just reached out 8th epoch in a row elected! So we are a still newly elected validator and always trying to improve our delegation base. To support decentralization, our staking rewards are getting delegated to unelected validators. We’re available on Twitter, Reddit, Discord, and Telegram so we are super accessible if anyone ever needs anything or has questions. We are also getting more involved in the community and currently working on building helper tools for validator nodes and posting in the forms on proposals for improving the network.

Validator Pledge

Harmony’s Effective Proof-of-Stake Validators are the backbones of the Harmony infrastructure. I/We shall pledge to constantly run an up-to-date validator, promote a decentralized validator community, and use best practices of running a validator service.

I/We have read the Terms and Concepts in detail and fully understood its purpose, possess the know-how of running this service, and know the risk-rewards to run this service. I/We fully understand Harmony’s Definitive Guide to Harmony Open Staking