Dingos: A Community Focused RP Game

@ismailm You are absolutely right. You deserve better than what you have been shown so far. The lack of communication and lack of direction - I take full responsibility for that. I could have done better. I transitioned onto the gaming team and took over the inbound grant proposals a few weeks ago, and it took me some time to get up to speed. I should have done a better job at welcoming you in. I care deeply about strong communication and making sure that those I work with feel respected and valued, and it’s something I really hate dropping the ball on. I hope there is a way to repair this and establish a better working relationship moving forward. Whatever comes next for you and the Dingos team - I fully respect it. I will be a player, a fan, and rooting for you to be successful. If there is a way for Harmony to be a part of your story, I am here to help make that a reality the best I can and would be happy to talk more frequently on Telegram and hopefully meet for a video chat between your team and ours.

I acknowledge that there have been a few major shifts from the Harmony team in recent months. In part, we have pivoted due to current market conditions, treasury status, feedback from the community - leading us to dial our focus towards a few things that bring the most immediate value to our ecosystem - superior tech and gaming.

You can read more on these recent changes here and here.

You are also right - the Harmony community is passionate and amazing. We are very lucky to have them and I am thankful they have been sharing their feedback to our team. I can promise you that we take it deeply to heart and that it has helped guide how we manage our next steps. In addition to the above, we are also focused on improving our communication - both internal and external to the community - to make sure we don’t drop the ball in telling success stories and building/maintaining great relationships with the partners and projects that we bring in and work with. There are certain things that will always be out of our control, but maintaining healthy relationships with our partners should never suffer, no matter the situation. To your last point, we will definitely be much more diligent on how the treasury is spent.

@KevinB I am tagging you here since some of my response answers your concerns as well. To answer your question on the grants program - it was not formally stopped two months ago, but we had to adjust how we managed our treasury, which directly affected the grants process. We drafted new guidelines (several times) to keep up with market conditions and to align with our new initiatives. The intent was to better serve our community and the ecosystem as a whole, but the 1-1 communications did suffer during this process. Even during a period of limbo or uncertainty, I could have done a better job in maintaining the communications to grant applicants and helping them feel more welcomed. I take responsibility for that and now I want to make the effort to improve this, any way I can.

I know my response may not fully answer all of your concerns, but I did so to the best of my ability at this moment. I am here to continue the conversation, whether it be here or on Telegram. Thank you both for sharing your thoughts with me.