Cerebral Gaming DAO - Proposal

Cerebral Gaming DAO

Proposal overview

Our website just went live yesterday to display the current funds and assets at Cerebral Gaming’s disposal. We have already launched our discord server, youtube channel, and twitter accounts as well this week. The token contract has also already been deployed. The team has selected 6 governors and the community will be taking a vote on the last 3 governor positions that must be filled. We felt that having 3 governors selected by the community gives us a chance to build more trust among our peers.

As stated before, the token is already minted and we plan to start issuing these CGD tokens very soon. Our goal is to onboard at least 300 members in our discord and on twitter by next week, 21 January 2022. The issuance will not all be at once. We would like to issue tokens over time, much like companies issue stock over time. These scheduled issuances will be voted on by the DAO. The governance aspect will be implemented on Aragon and will be available as soon as the token is launched.

The Vision

There are more gaming projects being built on the Harmony Blockchain each and every day. Every game dev is seeking a fast and cheap ecosystem to construct and develop their new projects, and a home to expand across the chains from. The goal of Cerebral Gaming DAO is to invest in as many of these startups as possible, providing support for these new gaming experiences, and increasing ROIs for our investors. CGD will be purchasing plots of land, character NFTs, tokens, creating LPs on dexes, and producing guilds for profit sharing.

CGD will take a decentralized approach to investing in gamfi projects, similar to a centralized mutual or index fund but with digital assets on the blockchain. Eventually, CGD plans to expand its portfolio to multiple blockchains, however, the DAO will always reside on the Harmony Blockchain. Some investments will be taken to ensure long term value through appreciating assets, some will provide the DAO with consistent returns, and others will be flipped for profit on resale sites like NFTKey. The main goal is to make profits for investors in Cerebral Gaming DAO through the management of NFT assets.

In-Game Guilds

CGD will incentivize players to partake in using lands purchased by the DAO by offering a 20% kickback each week on games such as Cosmic Universe, Mars Colony, Defi Kingdoms, and DefiMon. This kickback reward will allow players to increase their earnings while also benefit the DAO’s investors by ensuring the purchased NFTs are highly utilized. It is in CGD’s best interest to purchase valuable real estate in said games and typically to hold for long periods of time in order to provide consistent ROI.

How CGD Gets Its Value

$CGD will be issued to all investors during scheduled issuances and will also be used as the governance token. CGD will implement a treasury of all held assets that can be tracked by investors via a CGD website. After the initial issuance has taken place, voting will begin to find suitable investments for the treasury. By investing in CGD, it gives those that lack the capital to invest in things like expensive plots of land an opportunity to share a piece of defi’s rapidly growing gaming genre.

Voting System

The purpose of any DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Organization) is to allow token holders a chance to vote on proposals. Any token holder may present a proposal to the DAO for potential investment vehicles and the token holders will take a vote.

Tokenomics

100,000,000 CGD Tokens Minted

5% Founding Team
10% Marketing
5% Misc. Developments
80% Token Holders

Proposal ask

$100,000

Metrics for success

First 3 Months - 500 Users
First 6 Months - 1,200 Users
First 12 Months - 5,000 Users

External links

https://www.cerebralgaming.one/
https://twitter.com/CGD_ONE

12 Likes

Great write up, excited for this!

2 Likes

Actually very excited with this idea

1 Like

such a great concept!

2 Likes

Excellent idea!
Hoping to get in on this early :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just posted an update on reddit today! https://www.reddit.com/r/harmony_one/comments/s3fyf4/community_update_cerebral_gaming_dao_gifs_videos/

Can you provide more details on your existing 6-man team?

1 Like

Sure! I will serve as lead governor (Clayton Sonnier) with two of my closest friends John Wagner and Sebastian Jones. Sebastian and I served in the Air Force together for many years and John is a police officer. The other 3 governors are actually leaders within the Harmony gaming sphere. Mr. M, Harmony Universe, and WizzardBlizzard. You might know their names from the projects that each of them are trying to build. All 6 of these governors, I believe, will be a great fit for this project. Not only are we all responsible adults, we’re also all gamers. We will know what to look for in these investments.

2 Likes

Seems like a solid team. Gl with the project!

1 Like

Thanks for the submission team. Unfortunately, we’re not able to approve your application at this time. We are bullish on games on Harmony and are focused on games with on-chain transactions, ability to grow their player communities, and utilize the Harmony network and its ecosystem. We love the idea of guilds and have a good relationship with Yield Guild, Blackpool, and others. Player guilds are important and what you’re doing could be really helpful to games built on Harmony, but it makes more sense for Harmony to partner with Yield Guild, Blackpool, and other more established guilds with very large player communities.

Continuing the discussion from Cerebral Gaming DAO - Proposal:

This is incredibly disheartening, @papi . For the past two years the Harmony team has been begging people to build on this blockchain. The grants serve as a way for people to do that. I’ve seen countless grants fulfilled that have amounted to nothing being built or projects being left behind. Our project is nearly ready to launch. We’re waiting on some final artwork and counsel from our attorney. I understand the desire to bring in larger guilds but with additional funding, that could be us. Did I mention that our twitter has grown from 0 to 370 followers in a single week? Did you also know that I’ve put up $30,000 of my own money to start the fund? I envision our project in a year or two from now being just as successful as the ones you mentioned. By saying no to us now you’re disenfranchising people from wanting to build on your blockchain. I personally have been very outspoken about this blockchain and this community for two years. I’ve made YouTube videos about how down to earth and humble the Harmony team is. Grassroots marketing is what got Harmony to where it is today. Your decision to pursue “bigger fish” completely turns its back on those core principles. I hope that you’ll take a second to look at some of our links, what we’re trying to do for the Harmony ecosystem, and reconsider.
Respectfully,
-Crypto Clay

4 Likes

I really hope the Harmony team will re-evaluate their decision. Not only will this be a good community builder but once up and running will provide investment capital to up and coming projects. Very disappointed to see this denied.

2 Likes

This is a serious project with honesty and transparency shown throughout. I fully support this project and hope that Harmony will reconsider and approve this project.

1 Like

I hope you will reconsider, as I believe that this project has a lot to offer to the community and Harmony ecosystem.

For one, it is not a player guild as such, but a community-driven “index fund” for all the projects. People investing time and money into Cerebral Gaming DAO will positively influence the success of every project out there by researching, buying and playing the games.

Also @clayford has a clear vision, will and resources to execute on the plan. We’re entering governance voting process. There’s already marketing presence due to his social media exposure. That’s already more than many projects here.

1 Like

I am not really into DAOs. But seeing Clay’s passion for CGD made me join his. Really sad about Harmony refecting the grant

While I don’t speak for the Harmony team, I’d like to offer my thoughts on this:

First, the grants are an additional incentive to build - not getting one does not stop you from building on Harmony. It also doesn’t preclude you from applying again in the future, when you are bigger/have proven the model.

Second, you mentioned seeing grants approved for projects that have amounted to nothing or were left behind – to me, that is an argument in favor of more strict review and acceptance criteria of future grant proposals, not a reason to remain with the previous level of review. As such, that would also necessarily mean their review of your proposal should be tougher.

Third, DAO funding proposals are fundamentally different from other project proposals. Many funded ones are regional DAOs or Taking a look at one of the other community projects that submitted a DAO proposal which was approved, TokenJenny (ref: TokenJenny DAO - Creating DAOs for EveryONE - #15 by lij), you can see that they had already launched their project, gotten some traction, and started to decentralize it. Many projects (particularly ones with their own tokens) do not need to start off as a DAO and in fact, practically speaking, do not operate as a DAO. Decentralizing the governance to the community requires, in my opinion, that there BE an active community established. Transitioning to a DAO structure can be a gradual/progressive process.

Good luck with Cerebral Gaming though!

1 Like

Way ahead of you, man. I’m funding the project startup costs myself and our community is already exponentially growing. I’ve already hired devs for the front and backend work on our website. Also, I might add that our project will be decentralized from the start. Anyone that owns tokens in our protocol will be able to write and vote on proposals. I’m already drafting a proposal for our first week of operation. Thanks for checking out our DAO!

Hey @clayford after re-evaluating your proposal, we’re happy to approve this as a launch grant. Be sure to connect with @giv @Jacksteroo for next steps. To be clear, launch grant is $50,000. I believe there’s a duplicate proposal of Cerebral with a different amount requested. In any event, lfg!

1 Like

Thank you so much for this opportunity! We’re very much looking forward to building out our ecosystem on the Harmony Protocol. We will do our best to always represent Harmony well, by selecting good projects with solid foundations. @papi you’ve made my day, man!

3 Likes

Being approved for funding and actually receiving funding for meeting the requisite benchmarks are different, right?

I’m not sure there’s much benefit in being overly restrictive with approving funding when projects still must achieve the specified milestones before each corresponding tranche is paid out

2 Likes