Dingos: A Community Focused RP Game

Also here to voice my support for Dingos. They have been building hard and have been beautifully non-toxic members of the Harmony community for many months now. The mental health message behind their NFT’s is something that drew me in, but I’ve stayed for their passion, product, and good vibes. The people came to Harmony for the tech and for the community they found here, Dingos are and have been for a long time - a solid part of what makes Harmony, Harmony.

2 Likes

That’s a big team. Thank you for your response. I wanted to clarify one thing - you’re estimating a mainnet launch end of Q1 2023?

And have you guys raised any funds yet?

1 Like

Yes with the basic features and our launch scope that is what we are aiming for.

In terms of funds other than the NFT sale no, I do this purposefully as I want people to invest in us for what we are and not what we promise.

1 Like

Ok, sorry for the lag in communication.

Can we discuss milestones?

$10K after launching the feature-complete prologue on the test net.

Can you explain and define prologue?

$10K after forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with our DAOs (this will come after the main game soft release in which we will have our tokens).

I know this is one of the suggested milestones, but I’d like to change it. It’s not even a milestone or an accomplishment. What would you replace this with?

$10K after launching on the mainnet with audit.

Yes, this is good.

$10K after 1K daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion).

What’a realistic number, if not 1,000 daily active users over a 7 day average?

$10K after 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process).

What about this number? Is 10K DAU’s over a 7 day average make sense?

We’re open to other milestones or metrics too. For some games, DAU doesn’t make sense, but player retention does. So let us know.

1 Like

More than happy to discuss the milestones!

1. The prologue is basically the tutorial world (level 0 you could say) of the game. Here is where you start off the first few quests and learn how to play the game. It is also where you can get your karma score which will be important for the future release of the game (this data will be stored on the blockchain), testing on the test net has proved successful so far.

2. I would probably change this to having a few core members in the discord as head roles which will be translated into the game in a more tangible way in the future. (Think like guild leaders to play a major role in the community aspect and have it be bustling in discord-- IMO this is specific to our game and plays a critical role).

3. Considering the current market conditions and how that applies to the general public participating in a project they’ve never heard before-- depending on the scenario 500-1000 daily active users over a 7 day average may be more realistic.

4. Honestly 10K DAU is the one that doesn’t make sense. At that scale, I do think that in terms of launches go-- with 10K DAU, it has far passed the time where it has ‘launched’. But I guess it is a goal we can aim for. Otherwise, I propose a goal that is set earlier into the launch where it could be more meaningful to our development. For example at Marketplace Launch / at Mission launch / at NFT launch, etc.

2 Likes

I’d like to expand a little on the prologue, adding to Prozex’s post.

The prologue in a literal sense is a prison building with roughly 9 functional NPCs, all of whom the player can talk to. That is 2 cops, 2 visitors, and 5 NPCs. There are 8 multiple-choice quests which can be completed in any order, and the prologue remains functional no matter which choices you make, good or bad. A first-time playthrough takes roughly 20 minutes, assuming all quests are completed. Some people might take longer depending on how easily they solve the puzzles.

The dialogue tree has been heavily tested, and a speedrunning contest has been launched to encourage heavy playtesting by the community. Speedrunning also encourages players to attempt to “break” the game, which has resulted in numerous bugs being fixed and uploaded.

Once the player leaves the prison, the prologue ends and there is no more story content. There is a functional open world to explore, however.

2 Likes

Hey team - I’m at an offsite this week so, wanted to give you a quick update so you know I’m not ghosting you. I’ll be sure to review next week when i’m back.

2 Likes

I’ve spoken with Prozex and other Dingos team member several times in several AMAs - they have a great idea, vision, planning, funding - etc - all the hallmarks of a great project. I FULLY support this grant.

I do hope @papi comes back and gives them some direction - I see it has been 16 days since there is a response and I’m wondering if they’ll be given any “next steps”, etc?

5 Likes

I just listened to an ama with this project. They seem very grounded and definately have a long term vision.

2 Likes

Pretty exited for this, i fully support you guys !

1 Like

Hey! It’s been some time, hope you can get back to us!

1 Like

Hey @Prozex, thank you for sharing your proposal with us. I want to provide you with an update on our grants program. The text below is a copy/paste, but I am sending it with the same TLC that I would send any personalized message with. I care about your game and simply want to see you succeed.

As you may be aware, all funding for grants and investments are on hold. I would like to invite you to join our discussion here so that you can be fully informed and stay in the loop as things unfold.

That said, I want to encourage you to continue building. Our goal is clear: to make Harmony the leader in gaming and to make it as easy as possible for you to build, launch, and find success with your game. Most importantly, we care about the relationship we can build together. Please reach out to me on Telegram so we can make this happen. As you build, you still have access to our team for technical support. As you launch on mainnet and gain user traction, there are many ways a partnership with Harmony can lead to great things - even without funding.

Today, we released this video to highlight the many features that makes Harmony a great place for web3 gaming:

Thank you for considering Harmony as the home for your game launch. I look forward to cheering you on and am here to assist you in any way I can.

Matty

1 Like

That’s got to hurt. No feedback in 10 days then that. Fortunately dingos seems better organised than harmony’s example and should be fine

2 Likes

Hey Matty, thank you for the response.

Please don’t take this personal, however, this is one of the most disrespectful answer we could get. As we are not responsible for how much Harmony funded into random projects with no thinking behind it, giving anyone that meet them irl X amount of grants, it is sad to see that all we get is a copy-pasted response.

As much as I love that text mentioning how you want to be the leader in gaming, this narrative was about DAOs few weeks ago. If the focus of Harmony is this unstable, can we expect that we will receive the same love in the future?

Imo, seeing how much love this project has received throughout its runway from the community but not at all from the harmony core team, we as a team will need to come together and think about who actually cares us and think about the next steps. As a part of the team, I think it is the harmony community, not the foundation itself.

Whatever happens, I am hoping that Harmony does less off-sites and more due diligence on their spendings in the future.

Your copy pasta fails to mention why Peter Abilla stopped responding to the grant proposal for nearly two months, promising a response and more information that never came. Was the grants program stopped two months ago, and if so, why did it take two months to communicate this? If not, why has this particular Harmony team representative failed to meet their promises–and why should projects continue to give Harmony their time if they are treated in this manner?

@ismailm You are absolutely right. You deserve better than what you have been shown so far. The lack of communication and lack of direction - I take full responsibility for that. I could have done better. I transitioned onto the gaming team and took over the inbound grant proposals a few weeks ago, and it took me some time to get up to speed. I should have done a better job at welcoming you in. I care deeply about strong communication and making sure that those I work with feel respected and valued, and it’s something I really hate dropping the ball on. I hope there is a way to repair this and establish a better working relationship moving forward. Whatever comes next for you and the Dingos team - I fully respect it. I will be a player, a fan, and rooting for you to be successful. If there is a way for Harmony to be a part of your story, I am here to help make that a reality the best I can and would be happy to talk more frequently on Telegram and hopefully meet for a video chat between your team and ours.

I acknowledge that there have been a few major shifts from the Harmony team in recent months. In part, we have pivoted due to current market conditions, treasury status, feedback from the community - leading us to dial our focus towards a few things that bring the most immediate value to our ecosystem - superior tech and gaming.

You can read more on these recent changes here and here.

You are also right - the Harmony community is passionate and amazing. We are very lucky to have them and I am thankful they have been sharing their feedback to our team. I can promise you that we take it deeply to heart and that it has helped guide how we manage our next steps. In addition to the above, we are also focused on improving our communication - both internal and external to the community - to make sure we don’t drop the ball in telling success stories and building/maintaining great relationships with the partners and projects that we bring in and work with. There are certain things that will always be out of our control, but maintaining healthy relationships with our partners should never suffer, no matter the situation. To your last point, we will definitely be much more diligent on how the treasury is spent.

@KevinB I am tagging you here since some of my response answers your concerns as well. To answer your question on the grants program - it was not formally stopped two months ago, but we had to adjust how we managed our treasury, which directly affected the grants process. We drafted new guidelines (several times) to keep up with market conditions and to align with our new initiatives. The intent was to better serve our community and the ecosystem as a whole, but the 1-1 communications did suffer during this process. Even during a period of limbo or uncertainty, I could have done a better job in maintaining the communications to grant applicants and helping them feel more welcomed. I take responsibility for that and now I want to make the effort to improve this, any way I can.

I know my response may not fully answer all of your concerns, but I did so to the best of my ability at this moment. I am here to continue the conversation, whether it be here or on Telegram. Thank you both for sharing your thoughts with me.

BTW - I love GTA and have been a long time player. I really can’t wait to play Dingos. You have a great community, a very solid team, and a game that looks very fun to play. Well done on all you have worked towards so far.

1 Like

Pretty cool :clap: looking forward to this l

1 Like

Hey Matty, thank you for the response and sorry for my late response. We will reach out to you on Telegram, we are currently setting our goals to gauge our options.

1 Like

Hey all! Dingos as a team has decided to take a different path! I have copied the announcement:

After internal discussion, we have decided to shift our focus towards gameplay development in order to bring out a fully-fledged Dingos game for the traditional gaming market. Our aim is to develop and publish our game on platforms like Steam, Epic, etc. Developing a functioning game, using the prologue as our foundation, will be our full priority.

While we will be shifting away from play-to-earn, blockchain technology will still play an important role in its development. Although the game itself won’t be on the blockchain, game data will still be stored on-chain to ensure ownership of all in-game assets. We will develop a 3rd party app for the game that uses blockchain technology to connect players to Dingos’ black market.

Staking emissions will continue, and all xDG will be exchangeable for valid currency in our game.However, we will not be launching an ICO in this current market as originally planned. Furthermore, all Dingo NFTs will continue to serve as characters in our game. The details of this will be worked out down the line. In addition, we might be looking at paying out company shares towards all holders of Dingos down the line as a thank-you for being there with us along every step of the way.

The Dingos mint will stay open, and we will continue to support all previous and current mints. In addition to that, all mints between #1585 and #1600 will be eligible for a Dingos jumpsuit, to celebrate this new milestone in Dingos development.

TL;DR

• We are going to focus on working on core development of the Dingos game.
  • All Dingos NFTs and tokens remain valid, with details to be worked out down the line.

If you want to come and have a chat about it, here is our link.

@Mattyontap Sent a telegram message on our collab! :v:

4 Likes