Harmony Korea DAO- We will promote Harmony & dapps!

Name of Project / DAO / Company

Harmony Korea DAO

DAO type

Regional DAO

Proposal Overview

1. 3 Mandates of Harmony Korea DAO
  • Growth: onboard users on missions and culture, pollinate values across communities
  • Engagement: amplify content of roadmap and milestones, creative campaigns of products
  • Diversity: solicit voices and votes in forums, reinforce strong governance participation
  1. What Korea Dao can do
    • Building Harmony Community in Korea: Discord, Telegram, Kakao social messenger, Youtube, Twitter etc…
    • Building Harmony dapp community(if needed)
    • Bounty events(Reward for Dapp review, Guerilla events, etc…)
    • Translation news or mediums of Harmony chain
    • Gather users and Spark natural conversation about Harmony
    • AMAs - Telegram(text) & Twitter space(voice)
    • One pagers about Harmony
    • Infographics
    • Articles blogging (depending on news updates from Harmony)
    • Videos/Tutorials
    • Partnership with other Harmony DAOs and help promote

Multisig Wallet Info

• Harmony Type Address: one1mqjs7qje5udz9yqjnusque9vg3khxc3jxmf85c
  • ETH Type Address: 0xd8250F0259a71a2290129f200E64ac446D736232

Information of 9 Governors

• Jaden - Social Media Manager, Content Creator (Youtuber)
  • WeCryptoTogether - Social Media Manager, Content Creator (Youtuber)
  • Simone - Content Creator, translator
  • Calvin - Content Creator, translator
  • Keily - Graphic Design
  • Daniel - Social Media Manager, Article writer
  • Jason - Social Media Manager, Article writer
  • Andrew - Social Media Manager, Article writer
  • David - Researcher

Proposal Ask

• 50k for initial launch for Korean community building

Metrics for success

• 1st goal: Translate [kr.harmony.one] website, 500 users on Telegram, 250 users on Discord, 1AMA, Partnership with 1 dApp in Harmony ecosystem, making 1 video
  • 2nd goal: Writing research articles of dApps ecosystem in Harmony, 1000 users on Telegram, 500 users on Discord, 2AMA, Partnership with 2 dApps, making 2 videos
  • 3rd goal: Review events of dApps ecosystem in Harmony, 1500 users on Telegram, 750 users on Discord, 3rd AMA, Partnership with more than 3 dApps, making 3 videos

External Links

5 Likes

Wishing you lots of luck!

1 Like

Thank you!! I will also keep my fingers crossed for you

Thank you for submitting a proposal to Harmony’s $300M Ecosystem Fund

We are in the process of reviewing your proposal. We would also love :blue_heart: to have the Harmony community participate to ask questions and provide feedbacks.

If you have more details to add, please do so by replying to this thread.

@chllinss we see the metrics for Westernized version of social media, but what’s lacking may be Kakao and LINE. Is there a Harmony group for Kakao and LINE today. Can you elaborate on your presence in those two social media outlets today, and how the DAO plans to grow in those channels?

We also notice this looks very much like two teams joining efforts for the formation of the DAO, which is awesome. Wondering whether this team is referring to having a new channels setup, or is it a continuation of crossing pollinating CoinEasy and WeCryptoTogether on Harmony with other chains?

hi @chllinss and team, we will fund the first $10k tranche for the translation work that the korea dao is working on based on our current regional dao guidelines.

We recommend the following 5 initial deliverables for each regional DAO.

* $10k for translating [open.harmony.one](https://open.harmony.one/).
* $10k for host 2 meetups for 50 people each
* $10k for partnering with a regional hackathon of 100 developers.
* $10k for sourcing 5 approved grantees from that language or region.
* $10k for growing public community to 1,000 active members on Twitter.

here’s the transaction hash: Harmony Blockchain Explorer

6 Likes

Hello,
In korea, most Koreans use KAKAOTALK(no one uses LINE) as casual chatting app. It also has group chatting feature for gathering investors but only crypto newbie(who use only domestic CEX like upbit, bithumb, etc…) use it. All investors who use metamask and foreign exchanges are using Telegram. Telegram is the most popular chatting app in Korea rather than twitter and discord.
For DAO governors, 3 influencer groups are collaborating now. We made ‘Korea Harmony DAO’ in Telegram and will host AMA and answer all the questions about Harmony from users. Actually, we will have AMA with Freyala on Harmony chain tomorrow (11/28 KST).
Also, we have incentive system. For members who make contents for Harmony and forward news about Harmony to our chat room, we give users some rewards.
I will revise and submit our metrics for Korea DAO referring to Africa DAO

1 Like

Thank you so much!!
I know one of my teammate send a message to you.
Actually, most Koreans(include who invest in crypto) do not use Twitter much. How about changing criteria number five regarding Twitter to Telegram? because crypto marketing and community is mostly based on Telegram(not twitter or Discord as western countries).
I will revise and submit our metrics for Korea DAO refer to Africa DAO

2 Likes

I’m Korean Can you please join me?

I’m Korean, are you looking for a marketer?
I served as a Korean ambassador for 3 months at syscoin, and I want to become a Korean marketer.

congratulation harmony Korea DAO team

2 Likes

my congrats to ONEKoreaDAO!

1 Like

Bravo Korea! Let’s make sure we exchange ideas among DAOs! Super happy for you guys!

2 Likes

How’s going Korean fellows?

Do you have Discord server or Telegram chat?

1 Like

Yes, instead of Twitter, Telegram make sense.

We recommend the following 5 initial deliverables for each regional DAO.

* $10k for translating [open.harmony.one](https://open.harmony.one/).
* $10k for host 2 meetups for 50 people each
* $10k for partnering with a regional hackathon of 100 developers.
* $10k for sourcing 5 approved grantees from that language or region.
* $10k for growing public community to 1,000 active members on Telegram.

Congrats @chllinss ! Please keep the community posted on the DAO forum and here as well.

3 Likes

Yes. Here is our Telegram group chat

Please Join!

2 Likes

Hi!
This is what we(Harmony Korea DAO) have done on December and January.

You should check this out!!

We made “SO MANY” youtube videos, onepagers, articles to introduce Harmony ecosystem(you can see the lists in the above link)
Finally… We get more than 1,000 members in Harmony Korea DAO Telegram group!! There are only organic users who join the Harmony chatroom by theirselves. We are steadily gathering people from outside of Harmony community.

We met another 1 initial deliverable(growing public community to 1,000 active members on Telegram).
Here is our multisig : 0xd8250F0259a71a2290129f200E64ac446D736232

Also, we promise that we will struggle to achieve another 3 deliverables. Our next goal is sourcing 5 approved grantees from Korea. There are some regulations of social gathering that we can’t meet more than 4 people in one place since October. When this ends, we will host meetups and hackathons.

@lij @Jacksteroo

3 Likes

All regional daos are doing a great job by implementing mandates and deliverables set in accordance to Join #ONE of Our Regional DAOs

Since 2021 we’ve grown a lot and currently, we count numbers of regional daos approved. More are coming I believe.

Talking to many governors of regional daos we came up with the need to have weekly/bi-weekly sync calls where we will be able to share updates, experience and progress with the delivered tasks.

Let’s unite together and start Regional DAO All-hands calls!

What we need to do that is simple! let’s assign day of the week and time that will cover all of us.

Regional DAO Governor,

cc @chllinss

1 Like

@frwrdslosh can you help them get up and running?

2 Likes

Hello, @chllinss! Congratulations on reaching another milestone! 1,000+ members on Telegram. According to the modified and approved deliverables we can approve this milestone for funding. @lij I would love to see more engagement and discussion in the Harmony Korea TG in the next term.

Is there a second election scheduled for the Harmony Korea DAO? According to the Regional DAO guidelines the length of a term governors should hold is 3 months. Would love to know when that is planned!

This is unfortunate, but understandable. Safety is paramount. Let me discuss possible solutions such as virtual meet-ups and virtual hack-a-thons with the DAO Ops team. Perhaps we can modify the deliverables considering the circumstances.

Are virtual meet-ups and hack-a-thons something the Harmony Korea DAO could accomplish?

:blue_heart: Thank you Harmony Korea DAO Govs and community for the hard work.

@Sam @giv

1 Like