We want to build an onboarding machine here in Atlanta, GA. The Beats Per Mint DAO, right now is a small but dedicated discord and IRL community focused on becoming an effective Web3 music onboarding platform and marketplace for independent musicians, their fans, and regional cultures. This application focuses on producing a Web3 music focused hackathon that will accompany one of our monthly live music minting events here in Atlanta…
We hope to begin a relationship with Harmony leading up to an official DAO application later this year and at the same time deepen Harmony’s imprint on the City of Atlanta.
Currently, the BPM DAO produces The Mint List Podcast, the first and only weekly curated mix of Excellence in Music NFTs.
Starting May 26, The Mint List Live, debuts here in Atlanta as part of NFT ATL CON and will continue as a monthly series thereafter. The Mint List Live is an in-person and streamed tiny-deskish performance that happens the last Thursday of the month at the historic black and queer record shop Moods Music in Lil 5 Points. This event provides an IRL platform for musicians in and outside of the Web3 space to perform, learn, mint and sell music nfts in one night. All of our products and events are integrated and made to onboard in unique ways that affirm ‘the tech’ through strong music culture.
We propose a monthly Harmony Hackathon as companion to Mint List Live. We want to introduce Harmony to Atlanta’s music scenes and BIPOCQ devs with a firm focus on building music related Dapps.
Our community believes onboarding and hacking should be experiential and culturally relevant; giving context and direction to what’s being shown and built. Atlanta is already one the major music and film hubs in America due to cultural and city-wide investment. It is the only major city in America that is majority African-American. These are just some of its strengths and why the city has grown exponentially. We want to help establish Atlanta as a major Harmony hub that is in harmony with the culture already here. It begins by simply showing up and building.
THE HACKATHON FORMAT
We challenge Atlanta devs to build with the aim to solving a problem in music/Web3 music or to imagine how music could solve local problems using blockchain tech. Ideally, There will be 3 judges from the local music and Web3 music worlds and a monetary prize or retail/restaurant gifts from Atlanta based partners.
We would also seek support to help the winner(s) build and showcase their MVP to help tell a story that Atlanta is extending its music town brand into Web3.
What stage of the product or idea are you (and your team) at?
- Received some initial funding from nfDAO for Mint List Live Atlanta
- Officially a part of NFT ATL CON programming
- Partnered with Black NFT Art (also based in Atlanta) with added marketing and cross community promotion
- Partnerships (preliminary talks): Dashboard (ATL) and Discover Atlanta (ATL)
- Partnered with BlackWTP Worldwide - Atlanta based Black Dev organization
Is it live on Harmony and/or another chain?
Though the Hackathon will be an introduction to building on the Harmony chain, the Mint List Live NFT sales and test market platform will be on Polygon and later ported over to Harmony.
How many active users do you currently have, or aim to acquire?
We feel fairly confident about the Atlanta Hackathon will receive 15-30 people and grow steadily through the summer. It’s connection with the Live Show will be apparent in all of our promo and repurposed materials.
We have a goal of building a 10K community by Summer’s end, consisting of W2 and W3 touch points (social, collectors, Discord and Telegram).
How much funding do you need?
$5,000 per Hackathon (launch estimate)
Budget: Venue, local catering, part-time local staff, media capture/editing, Speaker stipends (Atlanta artists, Web3 and Harmony Tech experts), targeted paid ads, producers fee.
What are your milestones?
- Publishing of Abundance Protocol Paper in June
- Hackathon 75-100 active BIPOC monthly participants by Summer’s end
- 5000 DAO active Discord users by Summer’s End
- What help do you need, or what gaps are there in your team?
- Atlanta based Harmony reps to imagine how to better format hackathons to best representHarmony and keeping within the BPM DAO brand.
- Connections with any set Harmony/Atlanta connections/partnerships
- Cross promotion to Harmony community
- Still looking for a dedicated Solidity dev team to realize Abundance Protocol MVP and iterations. We prioritize hiring or partnering with Atlanta based W/BIPOCQ devs.
- Harmony Swag to give away for participation.
## Proposal ask
## Metrics for success
- Hackathon participants and #shared social from the event
- Monthly Discord and Telegram signups and engagement
- Music Dapps created and introduced to the Harmony Chain
- Onboarding of Atlanta local businesses through hackathon partnerships