Harmony's Brand Refresh & DAO Campaign for ETH Denver

(3/3)
2-second Finality -

Illustrator: Martin Nicollaussen

We’ll be holding a community zoom call to hear your feedback. Date/time to follow shortly!

1 Like

Absolutely

I don’t mind the minor tweaks to the logo shape or the Harmony font. I think they’re wholly unnecessary, but they don’t really change much (which is precisely why they’re unnecessary)

However, the introduction of black and grays? No thanks!! It looks corporate, soulless, sterile

I don’t mind the change to a solid color for the logo, either. It makes sense if you want to print it on merchandise and promotional material. But I prefer it be solid ~turquoise, the current color. Turquoise is Harmony. Plain blue could be anybody. And, again, black/gray is a no go for me even if it’s not the primary template

I’d honestly be perfectly happy with no change at all. I like the current logo and font

As for ETH Denver, I don’t see how the art style connects to Harmony. But I get the idea behind the cerebrums, and if it’s just a one-off marketing strategy for a single event, I don’t care too much either way

2 Likes

ezgif.com-gif-maker (26)

Hey everyone! Harmony launched the new site refresh just in time for ETH-Denver and you can go on ahead and see it live in person — you can find out how to explore our DAOs, what makes Harmony special, and even where to find us here in Denver!

harmony.one

And stay tuned for more amazing updates coming down the pipeline :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :blue_heart: :blue_heart:

2 Likes

I took another look at the new website, which has this 2s finality asset as well as a graphic representing the bridges. This also applies to the Scalable, Secured, and Decentralized graphic, the ZK Wizard graphic and, to a lesser degree, the ETHDenver brains concept.

I took a moment to reflect on what exactly I felt was not “right”. I quickly referenced the Solana, Polygon, Ethereum, Fantom, Avalanche, and Luna websites. The easiest explanation I can think of is this:

People generally think of blockchains and web3 as the frontier. Embracing technology and innovation; advancing into the future. To that end, most of these projects, in one way or another, present an aesthetic that feels “futuristic” or “modern” (not “modern art”).

These new Harmony graphics do not do that. When I see those 2 dogs running, I don’t think “2s finality”. When I see the man in chains, I don’t think at all about crypto, blockchain, or web3. When I see the roads & bridges graphic, I think we are going back in time to the past, not moving toward the future.

Harmony doesn’t need to be completely cookie-cutter with other top blockchain projects, but this aesthetic is so far away, and not in a good way. To me, it doesn’t evoke the things that I’d want such graphics to evoke when people are on the Harmony site - feelings of awe and inspiration; a belief that Harmony might actually be able to connect billions in the future. I don’t think it can do so with an aesthetic from the past (imo). Just as a quick example (and I’m not implying they’d be good, but I hope it can at least demonstrate my point): what if the man in chains was an astronaut and instead of a mountain he’s holding a planet? what if the wizard were a scientist? what if the dogs were robots? what if the roads and bridges were instead a space station in space with connecting bridges?

Overall, I think perhaps embracing a more futuristic aesthetic might feel more like a step in the right direction.

Well said @Candor Just exactly what I taught

Apparently at least one Harmony team member dislikes the website design? “Way below expectations”

Harmony spent all this money on a design firm and the Harmony team and community don’t even like the finished product?