HolyGrail.one - Defi Yield Farm and 3D Game

Name of Project / DAO / Company

HolyGrail

Application type

Funding Proposal

Proposal overview

HolyGrail.one is currently a custom built open source yield farming defi dapp built specifically for Harmony, our ultimate goal is to launch a new WebGL 3D blockchain based game. This game will be playable in the users browser and interface with the Harmony blockchain directly through RPC and via the users Metamask. This game will be the first of its kind on any blockchain and we are happy to bring it exclusively to Harmony! There arenโ€™t many public details about the game yet (teaser screenshots), but it will leverage and utilize many features of the Harmony blockchain like HRC721, HRC1155, including the built in on-chain VRF which is already coded into and available with our gaming token HLY, which is deployed on Harmony mainnet.

Project Goals and Ambitions
The goal and ambitions of HolyGrail are to provide a engaging and fun user experience to people of all ages, while still providing a level of detail and precision using the Harmony blockchain for โ€œimportantโ€ actions, but not making it feel like a โ€œblockchain gameโ€. HolyGrail seeks to become the #1 fully in browser playable 3D Harmony powered gaming experience available in the industry.

We are asking for a $125,000 grant in funding to help jumpstart our projects future with infrastructure, liquidity, marketing, development, and bounty funding capital.

Team

Anonymous - Willing to dox to Harmony Team or Grant Leaders

(Experience)
Over a decade of blockchain experience in general (C++, C, C#, Javascript, ReactJS, NodeJS, Signature level algorithms, proof of work algorithms, proof of stake algorithms, Atomic Swaps, Bridges, Defi, Dapps, IPFS, Unity Web3, Web3js, Cosmos SDK, etc.)

Proposal ask

$125,000

Justification

Capital Liquidity for paying for required infrastructure if needed, hiring on future team members, game art, game development, paying for marketing resources, helping to grow our HLY token, and really any resource we can utilize.

Metrics for success

holygrail.one Yield Farm Dapp is deployed on Harmony mainnet
Game Development is progressing towards Testnet
200+ Discord Members reached
WebGL 3D game on Harmony mainnet launch as a goal (Will be on holygrail.one)

External links

Official Dapp and where the game will be playable: https://holygrail.one

HolyGrail Game Screenshot Teasers:

1 Like

Thank you for your application. Great to see new projects looking to build on Harmony.

Looking at your website, I see that you have your yield farm setup and running. Congratulations. This being a launch grant and 3D game, is there also a product prototype for the game you have mentioned?

Furthermore, can you tell us a bit about the team behind the product and their backgrounds as well?

Thank you.

1 Like

Yes we have internal builds for testing currently, we would be willing to work with you on providing a prototype build to test. The game development progress is still in its early stages and a lot of work is being done on its backend and logic. (So things may change greatly by the final product).

I would be happy to send you a DM with more about my background, but it is just a one man team currently (willing to expand), I have over a decade of blockchain experience with a little bit of everything in general, I have two decades of artistic and graphic design experience and several decades of programming and game development experience in general also. I am excited to further develop and build upon the Harmony ecosystem!

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

P.S. - We also just launched our HolyGrail DefiKingdoms AMM Swap Interface (It uses DFK routing and factories to provide a bootstrapped easy to use interface for swapping on Harmony)

Thank you!

1 Like

Just give them a grant please! Project looks very promising and community is already build!

2 Likes

Excellent. Interested and following the progress here.

2 Likes

Thank you, glad to hear! Please provide me with a build you would like us to test as well as a little information around your background and further plans on developing this game on Harmony.

I also noticed that, the proposal refers to the team as โ€œweโ€ but it is a one-man team at the moment. Of course, one person teams can create great products as well, but it slows down the development, compared to having more people in the team. what are your plans to expand the team or do you feel that is necessary at this point?

1 Like

Will DM you!

If โ€œweโ€ referring to the project are approved for the grant, a portion of the grant would be used to bring on additional team members, It is not absolutely necessary, but would be useful, though I am confident in my abilities to produce and develop the HolyGrail ecosystem and game further on Harmony.

Thank you again!

1 Like

Love the sound of this! Iโ€™ll be following closely. Hope it comes to fruition. Nice job on getting that AMM up and going so fast for early adopters :+1:

1 Like

Saw this thread on Twitter as I was doing some research on the project and was wondering whether you would be able to shed some light any of the matters raised:

5 Likes

Thereโ€™s absolutely no way Harmony should fund this project as things currently stand

2 Likes

@holygrail please take a look at the forum responses from the community and address them as appropriate to continue the discussion regarding the funding.

1 Like

Hello a lot of concerns popping up on twitter about this project. Please look into it before funding this project. It seems a lot of things have been copied and pasted from other known projects and questions have been left unanswered with little proof besides denial.

1 Like

They were addressed.

1 Like

Thank you for your responses, @holygrail. Unfortunately, at this stage, your project is not ready for a launch grant because there isnโ€™t a feature complete product for us to test yet, based on the guidelines at Apply for Grants or DAO due to the following reasons:

Applications of each launch must have prototyped a feature-full product. Harmony helps incubate these founding teams with product development, fundraising, and talent recruit. We recommend a $50K equity-free contribution each:

$10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet
$10K after forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with our DAOs
$10K after launching on our mainnet with audit
$10K after 1K daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion)
$10K after 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process)

The project seems to be on the right track with the concept and idea, therefore we hope you continue to build on this concept and circle back when a playable demo is ready to be discussed further. Please re-apply when the project is ready and we will be happy to reconsider.

Thank you for choosing Harmony.

7 Likes