INDIA DAO Initial Council 2022 Candidate 2nd Term: Suman

Hello Community members,

I am Suman, a software engineer and a keen learner. I am a crypto enthusiast and developer and passionate about new technologies mostly on the blockchain. Always ready to learn and take on challenges.

I work for Scripbox, a leading wealth management company in India. I have experience working as a full-stack developer. Have created and led teams to build scalable web and mobile apps. I’ve architected web apps from scratch and shipped them to production(for end-users). Previously I was working for I-Stem, an UN-funded startup that is dependent on grants released by different organizations. The company focused on building accessible platforms for blind communities. There I created the foundation for the very first of its kind web pdf editor which had features to draw annotations and parse textual data. The tool served the purpose of reducing efforts for PDF editing thus making the content more accessible to the blind communities. Technologies I’ve worked on: React.js, Node.js, Python, Rust, SQL and NoSQL databases.

Have contributed to open source projects too. Created a python package for printing random quotes for multiple categories: quoters. Received an amazing response from the community. Currently, more than 160+ projects are using it.

A few years back I started exploring and learning blockchain technology and have got quite fond of it.
I started my learning from the Ethereum blockchain and switched to the Harmony blockchain which is EVM compatible. In the learning process, I worked on smart contracts and deployed the contract on the Harmony test net. Harmony is a great and beginner-friendly ecosystem.

Questions & Answers:

1. What will be your role in the INDIA DAO and how do you plan to advance its mission?
  • Response: As a tech lead Governor, I would provide technical guidance for the DAO and will take it to next level.

• I will create an ecosystem for DAPPS to be built and shipped to the end-users.

• Will discuss with DAO members on the advancement and growth of the Harmony community and make informed decisions to achieve the adoption of the Harmony ecosystem.

1. How do you organise, plan, and prioritize your work?
  • Response: I always like to break my work into small-small goals and prioritize it accordingly.

• The small goals help me to be clear about the amount of work and effort needed.

• Then I plan my work using a to-do list(curated according to my use) and reminders using google calendars

• After completion of my work, I always re-evaluate my work and discuss it with my seniors(if I’ve any or I know). It helps me to upskill my knowledge.

1. Why are you the best person for a role on the INDIA DAO council?
  • I’ve been learning and working on blockchain for 1+ year. Although it’s a very less amount I’m always up for learning more step by step.
  • I believe everything is achievable if we work for it. As with my 2.5+ years in full stack developer experience, I’ve taken up the challenge and delivered it.
  • I am always open to discussions and suggestions.
  • I’ve experience in team building and managing tech teams. I’m always up for uplifting the technical advancement required for the DAO.
  • I believe in the community and the things we can achieve through decentralization. I have also good exposure to how community building and how we can enrich it.

Links to reach me and see my works:
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/suman-kr/
GitHub: suman-kr (Suman Kumar) · GitHub

Thanks!