Launches: Crypto Kombat

Name of Project / DAO / Company

Crypto Kombat

Application type

Product Launch

Proposal overview

Crypto Kombat is the first of its kind game where the heroes of the battles are influencers, famous developers, creators of crypto projects, exchanges, and entrepreneurs from the crypto space. In addition to collecting and promoting blockchain ideas to society, Crypto Kombat is also distinguished by deep game-Fi mechanics, which allows players to receive rare NFTs, create and exchange digital value with each other.

Our milestones are

1. Platform Launch - May 2021
  2. Game Launch - December 2021

We are not just building a play-to-earn game, we’re preserving the legacy of cryptocurrency.

Team

Konstantin Shirokov - https://www.linkedin.com/in/shirokov-konstantin/

Proposal ask

$50k

Justification

Add the support to the Harmony network without slowing down the velocity of the game development. To do this, it’s necessary to expand the team (full-stack developer, game designer, animation designer).

Metrics for success

KOMBAT Price - $300
KOMBAT Market Cap - $6,3M
Active players - 20000

External links

creating profit off the likeness of others (especially the living) without permission seems unethical. I don’t think that projects should be leveraging the intellectual property / brands / likenesses of other entities or individuals without permission/consent. If the people are dead then it’s different, but if the brand/person is active, I’m not sure what the difference between this and selling sweatshop / knock-off branded products on a street corner?

I understand that projects like “Robot Chicken” used this but they were perhaps operating in the zone of satire and perhaps also with consent (at times?)

Are we not intelligent enough to develop our own properties if we’re intelligent enough to code/develop?

I’d like to see a sign on /consent given from potential “heroes” in the crypto community this project wants to use before I would green light this type of work for a grant.

I think it could be bad for the reputation of Harmony One to fund a project like this if the likenesses used by the project upset or are in bad taste in the eyes of those individuals being represented (without permission.)

Cryptocurrency is a driver of modernity erasing the boundaries (which are closed now for the most). These heroes of the modern technologies have created that world where we can earn, show our status, own property and etc. not going outside our houses (and sometimes without goverment’s notification) regardless centralized systems. The presidents are not asked if their portraits should be handled on math class or not, because they are “current heroes of modernity”. So Vitalik Buterin is not going to be upset by the known fact that he is crypto hero of modernity (because he has already known this fact).

Are the plans to bridge across different chains? What does “support Harmony” mean here in terms of scope of work?

Cards looks really cool btw!

1 Like

afaik they supports eth and bsc already

cc @CryptoKombat

@CryptoKombat just following up here to learn what you need the $50k for. You mentioned it is to support Harmony but I need some clarification and a breakdown of what this means. If the platform already supports eth and bsc it shouldn’t take much work to support Harmony.

Crypto Kombat is being developed by an enthusiastic team. To launch the game faster we need to expand the team with additional developers and game designers.

1. Yes, the cross-chain solution is planned.

2. Open the support for Harmony network in the interface, for NFT and token

Here are the metrics we aim to achieve in the first half a year after the launch:

Weekly Active users - 1000

Monthly Active users - 5000

Monthly retention - 55%

Monthly minted cards - 500

Owners - 8000

Thank you for the proposal. We’d like to go ahead and approve it under the Launch track. Please review the new required payout milestones and adjust your success metrics accordingly. Let me know if you have any questions. Congrats!

$10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet
$10K after forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with our DAOs
$10K after launching on our mainnet with audit
$10K after 1K daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion)
$10K after 10k daily active users (with detailed roadmap, governance process)

We recommend a 5-out-9 multisig account on Gnosis Safe with 3 governors from the project team, 3 governors from the project community, and 3 governors from Harmony DAOs – namely, ONEcommunityDAO, ONEdeveloperDAO, ONEincubatorDAO.

3 Likes

We have decided to halt our request for the Harmony grant currently

1 Like

OK, thanks for the update.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 18 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.