- PLAY AND EARN COMPETITIVE ESPORTS
- TOKENS & NFT’s ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
- DEFI & GAMEFI TO FUND, STAKE AND RUN ECOSYSTEM
- WEB 3.0 WITH CLEAR DAPP & DAO ROADMAP
Planet League is an innovative global eSports league and competition that targets casual gamers playing games of skill on consoles, PC’s and mobile devices and accessible via the Planet League mobile application.
The Planet League gameplay is driven by the ‘Play and Earn’ concept as integrated within a competitive league structure. A gamer needs a certain amount of Planet League Star (PLS) tokens for playing in every league game. Based on a winning or losing outcome, a player will have PLS credited or debited from their smart wallet and the platform collects a tax for adjudicating the game.
In addition to “earning” PLS through games being played, gamers also get rewarded based on their level of engagement with the platform. Along the journey, players can qualify for tournaments & cups, have quests they need to compete in, earn NFT’s as rewards that they can use (such as avatars, badges), trade (on the open market or using the in-app marketplace) or keep (unique NFT’s), in addition to shopping for digital or physical merchandise, all using PLS to transact or collect as rewards.
At its core, the mobile application currently acts as a gateway to enter the league and enables:
- Matchmaking between users based on the league/game that they are in;
- Gameplay workflow allowing opponents to matchup based on pre-defined rules on a timer-based approach after which they play their game on the platform/console of choice;
- Reporting scores using a state-of-the art tech that has not been seen elsewhere;
- Interacting with the Planet League Refereeing system, one that is backed by Live support;
- Rewarding users based on the outcome of the game, engagement with the application and progression through the season;
- Retrieval of season history and leaderboard data, and,
- Access to the user “wallet”, amongst other features.
The league itself is game, publisher and platform agnostic.
All transactions are governed by smart contracts, and thereby immutable, and written into the blockchain. All score and games outcomes are similarly maintained in a tamper-evident distributed ledger, with some being created as NFT’s for the players to own.
A player earns up to 80% return on every game won, and collects additional PLS rewards based on their leaderboard position at the end of the season. A season is the duration of time during which a player needs to compete in that league and can range from 7 - 21 days.
As the underlying motivation is to continue progressing through the league to qualify for greater rewards (a competitive gamer wants to keep competing!), the model creates a continuous demand for PLS, thus helping a thriving economic ecosystem from emerging; supply is controlled and unlocked in a planned manner in order to create a less volatile token.
The league starts with ‘qualifiers’ and users make their way to either the higher or lower tier league of the City where they are based. They are matched up with users from their own City to start with and need to get promoted to make it to the next League.
The league standings are based on a predefined point system for a win, loss or draw. Promotion, relegation and hold thresholds are defined for each league which are decided upon at the end of every season.
As a user progresses through the leagues, they eventually play international games, first in their country cluster (e.g. Northern Europe) before they progress to playing gamers across their continent (e.g. North America).
Successful gamers will represent their country in the Planet League.
The entire platform is built with strong backend controls for managing live ops & referee, as well as administrative controls to add games, geographies, seasons and so on.
The Planet League micro-economy is designed around traditional league franchises. After a significant amount of user traction, revenue will primarily be driven via:
- Advertising, and,
- Media rights.
As the franchise grows, user generated content and streams of live games covering the league, tournaments & cups will attract media rights opportunities.
All these revenue streams will increase rewards being shared with gamers, further increasing their motivation to participate and compete on Planet League.
As the micro-economy is designed around transacting in PLS, sponsorship, advertising and media rights deals will be encouraged to use PLS once the token achieves price stability: creating long-term demand and delivering sustainable value and returns to all PLS holders.
Planet League wants to be the building blocks for creating an extremely valuable and successful global eSports franchise, developed in a manner that utilises cutting edge user experiences, blockchain technology and structured to operate as a decentralised autonomous organisation with its own micro-economy and currency.
Using a successful template developed in Denmark for user acquisition, that utilised a combination of influencers and streamers, along with social media, Planet League will be gradually rolled out across Northern Europe in Q2 2022 and the rest of Europe by Q4 of 2022. Northern America is the goal by Q1 of 2023, while a complete global rollout by the end of Q2, 2023.
- Go-getters that love challenges and can get the work done;
- Implemented software technology projects of varying sizes, including in gaming;
- Strong work ethos and professionalism;
- Built businesses from scratch, and have all had at least one, if not multiple, experiences building startups;
- Backed by some phenomenal individuals and teams on this project;
- Embrace diversity and excited to be building something global;
- Love sports & tech, and,
- Extremely passionate about Planet League!
- Work on the Planet League mobile application commenced in early 2020 and has been tested & trialled in Denmark through 2021 and is set for wider commercial launch in 2022.
- The Planet League mobile application is a fully working product and currently supports 2 games: FIFA & NBA. More games are being added and a detailed product roadmap has been defined.
- Integration on Web3 has commenced and it is likely to take us around 6-8 weeks to deploy on testnet and a further 4 weeks from then to have it deployed on mainnet, after contracts are audited.
- The initial markets being targeted is the Northern Europe cluster with a global rollout planned through 2023.
- A DEX listing is planned for Q2 of 2022, after deployment on testnet.
- While Play-To-Earn games have been around for a while, eSports has not yet made much of an impact on the cryptoverse so far and Planet League as a competitive gaming platform could just fill this void.
- Projected transactions on chain can be very significant as adoption grows.
- This league structure is designed around being in all global markets and can be a trigger for new user adoption.
- The community!
- The gameplay model relies on both of Harmony’s strengths for it to be viable for gamers: low gas fees and extremely fast transactions!
- Stronger community engagement channels: currently this was developed primarily around our trials and over the next month we will strengthen our engagement and communication with the community.
- Accelerating game onboarding - the console market and sports genres is our initial target audience and our roadmap does involve getting mobile and PC games on the platform.
- Tokenomics - currently engaging with an economist to aid with our tokenomics design and should have that completed over the next month.
$50K equity-free contribution
$10K after launching a feature-complete product on Harmony testnet
$10K after forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with Harmony DAOs
$10K after launching on Harmony mainnet with audit
$10K after 1K daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion)
$10K after 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process)
• Integrating web3 with React Native to launch the product on testnet.
• Smart contract audits.
• Community development.
Please feel free to post any questions you may have here or contact me directly on Discord @stoicgang#8901 and on Telegram @stoicity7.