Montreal Web3 Meetup

Name of Event/Project

Montreal Web3 Meetup

Proposal overview

We would like to host a social event for the members of the web3 community that are located in Montreal. This would help strengthen the relations in the ecosystem and hopefully onboard new members. We would like to host this event in a funky venue, to match the fun vibes of web3, with places like Cafe GotSoul as potential suitors. We think that the event will have an attendance of around 40-50 people, as we currently have 53 members in our Telegram and it is growing with an estimate of 70-75 people on the date of the event. We plan to host the event on the 24th or 25th of March, favouring the former.

We hope that this event will set a precedent of a new community forming in Montreal as we have a lot of amazing companies and talent being formed here. The following are bullet points explaining the logistics of the event.

Value Proposition

• Harmony advertising, reputation of helping to have hosted the first Web3 dinner social event in Montreal
  • Access to talent in the space
  • Networking with other Montreal companies like Figment, DeFi Safety, a few startups, and other non-Montreal-based companies like Mirror, Rabbithole, among others

Proposal ask

• Aiming for 5k total in sponsorships

Cost Breakdown:

• Venue: Approximately $2k-2.5k total depending on location
  • Refreshments: Approx. $1000
  • Staff: $500
  • Extra for future events: $1000

Metrics for success

• High attendance
  • Educate attendees about Harmony
  • Strengthen relationships in Web3 Ecosystem
  • Members of the community heavily interacting with our sponsors

Lastly, if you have any marketing materials that you would like to be placed or distributed, please let us know and we will be more than happy to include them. These can include stickers, a banner next to a photoshoot area, or anything of that vein.

Thank you very much for your consideration and we hope to hear from you soon.

Hey @bolau! Happy to have you here, and excited to see Harmony grow in Montreal!

Your proposal is very fair, and is similarly aligned with our event guidelines. I know that this response is coming 1 day ahead of your proposed event date, so I would like to begin a fresh conversation to discuss hosting this meetup at a future date to allow plenty of prep time.

Can you narrow down your metrics to include measurable goals? i.e. “members of the community heavily interacting with our sponsors” vs “Creating a Harmony Montreal Telegram and onboarding 40 new members”

Regarding budget:

We prefer each event be a standalone proposal. Of course, as your presence in Montreal grows, we can discuss additional events or even creating a DAO or partnering with DAOs/partners that have presence in your area to enhance the experience for all.

Would definitely want proper signage at the event, which we can discuss as the proposal moves forward.

Thank you!

Matty

@bolau Since the event timeframe has passed, I am going to decline this proposal. I would love to see you submit a new proposal for a future event, and I pledge to respond more quickly next time so we have ample time to discuss specifics.

I hope you are having a great week, and I look forward to the next time we chat!

Matty