ONEChain cross-chain social app

Name of Project

ONEChain

Proposal overview

ONEChain is a comprehensive cross-chain social networking platform designed for cryptocurrency assets, projects, and end-users.

The platform is specifically designed to take advantage of the Harmony blockchains’ low fees and fast finalities to give the best possible user experience in the cryptocurrency space. The way it will achieve this is to provide the users with a range of tools and functions coupled with a clean frontend and easy-to-navigate website. The goal of ONEChain is to educate and present the advantages of cryptocurrency and the decentralized aspect of blockchain technology through creating a community that is not only limited to Harmony but all of the crypto space I believe ONECHain is product-market fit as my main goal is to bring as many users to ONEChain from multiple blockchains, so they can take advantage of our fast secure network.

ONEChain will utilize the current tools that are available on the network, such as 1wallet, Horizon, Harmony explorer, and others to create the best possible experience. I believe these tools will greatly aid in the process of bringing in new users who would like to get involved in cryptocurrency and investing but are unsure where to start.

ONECHain is designed specifically to create a sense of familiarity within the user so from the moment they sign on they feel engaged and confident in navigating and exploring the platform.

The platform offers the user-customizable profile, user-defined privacy settings, media albums, and much more

ONEChain also offers tools for developers and project owners to advertise and promote their projects and keep it all organized in ONE place.

The platform also has a chat and messenger app with media folders and all the tools necessary to help moderate the servers.

Here is a list of some of the modules and functions that will be available on ONEChain

User-generated content
Frontend upload
My profile
Project directory
Media management system
User define privacy settings
Content filtering
Encrypted communication chat system
Music module for artists and content creators
Live radio channels for verified projects
Podcasts ( video and audio )
Blogs
Marketplace
Events
Statistics and analytics module
Report module
Support
Admin assignment
Advertising for NFTs
Advertising for Games
Advertising for merchandise
Ad creation tools
Responsive design for desktop tab and a dedicated mobile site.
Crypto wallet ( 1wallet will be the main wallet on this platform) support for others will be available.
Horizon Bridge
And much more

ONEChain will utilize ONE as the main currency on the platform to pay for advertising and site fees
Other Select trusted HRC20 Tokens will also be integrated and utilized in different areas of the platform such as the media section ONEMedia and the Games marketplace

Eventually, there will be a native HRC20 token for ONEChain but the main goal for me right now is to finish the design and release the beta version for testing.

ONEChain telegram channel is growing at a good pace with currently over 300 members

ONEChain design is nearing completion as I had to rework a lot of the functionality to suit blockchain tech from my automotive app Automatrix which I have been working on for the past 2 years, this is how the ambitious functions above can be achieved in a short time as I already have a decent head start, nearly all of the functionality could be crossed over to suit ONEchain.

The funding will go towards finalizing designs, development, and legal fees.
Testing
Running costs until the site can generate enough revenue to self-sustain
Building the web3 functions on future updates
Design of all future functions and development
Android and IOS apps
Desktop app

A Detailed roadmap of future updates will be available on the website once live.
Design process is almost complete and most modules have been tested and prototyped within the design tool.

The current roadmap ahead will include the following for the website.
Finish design and prototype remaining modules
Test connectivity between modules
Legal
Development for beta version
Beta Version release Q1-2022
Testing/debug
Launch V1.0 Q2 - 2022
More updates to follow.

Proposal ask

250K+

Metrics for success

1,000 Developers/project owner accounts utilising developer tools.
2,500 Premium membership subscriptions
10,000 Free user accounts

More images coming soon.
note: data displayed in images is sample data only from draft version.

External links

TBA

Community Poll

• Yes
  • No
  • More info needed
0 voters

For “More info needed”, please Reply to ask your question

5 Likes

Web 3 social media Harmony centric :fire:

4 Likes

Will be revolutionary :heart::muscle:t2::muscle:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Sounds amazing! Definitely gonna be keeping an eye on this one…

1 Like

Wireframes are nice and all, but what are the technical details?

What is on-chain / off-chain?
Have you a tested web3 MVP yet?
I would like to know where Blockchain is used and what is centralized?

How do you plan to pay for music licenses?

Social media platforms have to audit their content to block malicious actors to obay local law, how you want to achieve that?

For me the app does too much. If you want to listen to music you visit Spotify, if you want to post photos you go to Instagram.

Facebook tried to do too much and is basically dead now.

Doing a project of this proportion (even if you already have some work done) you need a big team to do it right.

5 Likes

Hey Severin thanks for the questions I’ll address them below

What is on-chain / off-chain?

A: That is yet to be determined but payment processing for site fees and advertising will all be done via blockchain.

Have you a tested web3 MVP yet?

A: Not yet, as there is no module in the app that requires this on the initial version.

I would like to know where Blockchain is used and what is centralized?

A: All media content on the platform will be centralised as there are currently no blockchain modules
Future updates will include various decentralized marketplaces the integration of the features mentioned above. Documents outlining these integrations will be available for viewing/download on the platform at a later date.

How do you plan to pay for music licenses?

A: Some licenses have already been acquired however, we will negotiate licenses as needed. This module is designed for upcoming and unique artists who own their content and have control over how it’s used and, for exisiting artists and DJ’s with broadcasting licenses in place. We will negotiate with the artist on that front.

Social media platforms have to audit their content to block malicious actors to obay local law, how you want to achieve that?

A: Most social media platforms cover a wide range of categories and topics therefore, their compliance laws are more stringent. They are collecting large amounts of personal information and selling that data or using it to run targeted ads. We are covering a niche so it’s a much smaller market and manageable, We will never sell your personal data or reveal your information to 3rd parties without your permission and, eventually this will all be replaced by DID’s through a web3 interface. This is a job for my lawyers to advise what needs to be done (KYC) etc… and how the site needs to comply, luckily I have access to some very good compliance and blockchain lawyers here in Australia, all necessary steps will be taken to provide a safe platform for all users and to make sure everything falls within legal boundaries.

For me the app does too much. If you want to listen to music you visit Spotify, if you want to post photos you go to Instagram.

Yes 100% I personally use those apps myself but, ONEChain is not intended to replace those applications. It is designed for upcoming artists or existing ones and content creators, anyone in that space who wish to participate in cryptocurrency. It’s a way for amateur artists and content creators to earn some money and grow their reach and at the same time get into the cypto market. There are several music artists in our community, DJ’s, promoters and talented people, this module is designed for them and others alike.

Facebook tried to do too much and is basically dead now.

A: According to this usage statistics site, Facebook is in an incline not decline?

It may be less popular amongst users because of the strict compliance laws and fact-checking but don’t forget facebook owns several large apps and companies inc IG, WhatsApp and Oculus.

Doing a project of this proportion (even if you already have some work done) you need a big team to do it right.

A: That’s correct, training and reference documents will be provided to new staff, most of the support section is automated and will be detailed enough to reduce incoming requests.
Tools will be built to moderate content that is not specified as private by the user
Anti-scam functions that will scan anything that is uploaded to the site that matches spam, for example if a scam message is created and sent to 100 users at once in a specified time frame that will get flagged and be removed.
Anything that is marked as public will get scanned for such things as nudity and unrelated content that doesn’t fall within the terms of use.
These are some of the functions that will be implemented in future updates.

Thanks for the questions and if you have anymore I will be happy to answer them.

4 Likes

Saw you drafting this project a month ago on telegram, with like 40 members in the group at the time to actually see the project at this point with over 400 members and now a proposal, you are on the path to success :raised_hands:t4:

3 Likes

Thanks for the thorough answer.
It’s a very ambitious project. It seems like you took a lot of concerns already in consideration. :+1:

I would like to see a roadmap (you wrote it will be available on the website), that targets the core features first. And to have a modular design, that you can implement all your ambitious features over time. The roadmap would also help to get some insights, what you personally see as the core feature(s) of the platform. To me it’s unclear what the USP of the project is.

For example, I really like this:
This module is designed for upcoming and unique artists who own their content and have control over how it’s used and, for exisiting artists and DJ’s with broadcasting licenses in place. We will negotiate with the artist on that front.

EDIT: Rereading it, the example sounds like Audius https://audius.co/

1 Like

Hey Severin,

Thanks for the comment, your feedback and insights are very much valued because at the end of the day this is what this project is about, the community.
I appreciate you taking the time to give your input and thanks for the link to Audius, I didn’t know about that one.

I do have a roadmap however, I wanted to wait until I have the foundation of the platform coded and ready for testing which started about 3 weeks ago. This step will identify which functions will be available on the initial version for release. All things considered, at this stage, I will have a working model we can test in approximately 4 weeks and the rest of the functions will be added in the coming weeks after that.

My main goal right now is to finish the remaining prototypes for the modules, I’m about 95% done.
Think of this project as one foundational core module that other smaller self-contained modules attach to with their own set of functions that work together to complete a working system, a main website with several micro-websites attached to it that have their own rules and functions.

Regarding the USP:
This platform is designed to be a space where newcomers and people just starting in crypto can come to socialize and get familiar with how the market works, as well as having access to some entertainment and networking tools. The content will be specific for digital assets, technology, and education. This is what I think will separate this project from the rest, the support team and the community environment which users can trust to get the correct information.

There will be a module on ONEChain that will address nearly all common newbie issues that we face within the community, the data will become more complete over time as we create the support documents.

I’ve had a good while to gauge these issues we are facing out there and as I used to provide similar support to the automotive industry for many years it has become clear to me what this platform’s focus will be.
I have been contributing to the Harmony community both on telegram and discord for the better part of the year and experiencing firsthand what most of the community is struggling with in terms of support and I now have a solid plan for what we will be targeting. I’ve recently joined the C-OPS team as well which I think is a good fit for me as for months I have been actively providing support for several project groups in the community even before joining the team over in the Harmony channel, this is something I enjoy so it’s not a difficult thing for me to do.

Thanks for the reply, if you want to contact me to discuss anything else you can find me on telegram pretty easily @ATASHION your experience and input are much appreciated.

3 Likes

@Mando this is a great project but as it stands right now, we recommend applying via hackathons or similar to first build it out and gain some initial traction. Unfortunately, this project is out of scope for the funding categories right now as we are looking for feature-complete projects (at the very least a prototype). Once you’ve built the initial product, we can look at the “launches” track to help you accelerate.

Thanks!

3 Likes

This looks sick! I can only imagine if we have some influencers/YouTubers who are using this to stream their content and the viewers can tip them with “Ones”. Of course, ads will also come into play that will also generate income for the chain.