Questions about the application process

Dear Harmony team,

I am Caio, 21 years old and from Germany. I am currently still a “dual study programme student” in the field of business informatics at Germany’s largest IT service provider for banks (“Finanz Informatik GmbH & Co. KG”). I just now finished my bachelor thesis in the field of “Behavioral Economics / Behavioral Pricing”. Besides that, I had my own small company, which dealt with the creation of image films and marketing campaigns for companies.

I have been involved with cryptocurrencies in general and also “Harmony One” for quite some time. I am absolutely confident that cryptocurrencies and also Harmony will have an important place in our future. Therefore, I created the subreddit r/HarmonyMoonShots with a friend almost a year ago to communicate with like-minded people about new projects.With each new project I realized more and more how fast Harmony is growing and what potential lies in the future.

Since my studies will end in October, I am currently looking for a job that matches my private interests. When I came across the job offers from Harmony, I was absolutely thrilled at first. Then I began to have doubts about whether I could fulfill the requirements for this job and I wondered what would be expected from me if I were to work for you.That’s why I’m writing this email and why I wanted to ask you some questions before I officially apply:

• I am definitely one of the younger applicants with only 3 years of work experience in the Finanz Informatik GmbH & Co. KG. I am also not a native English speaker. Is any of this a problem?
  • Besides developer jobs, are there also jobs with a more of a focus in organizational or marketing aspects?
  • To what extent would it be possible to work remotely at Harmony? Would I have to move out of Germany completely for the job?
  • What is the application process like? What documents would I need to send for an official application? Should credentials and certificates be translated and transferred to an American format in case?

I would be pleased to hear from you. Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,
Caio Wetterkamp

I am definitely one of the younger applicants with only 3 years of work experience in the Finanz Informatik GmbH & Co. KG. I am also not a native English speaker. Is any of this a problem?

It depends on what position you’re applying. We have developers and contributors from around the world whose native language is not English. If you’re applying for a position with a priority on writing public articles on our official channels, then one’s level of fluency in English would have to be considered purely to ensure that communication is clear and concise.

Besides developer jobs, are there also jobs with a more of a focus in organizational or marketing aspects?

Depends on what positions are open. I would say check out our open roles and keep an eye out for more.

To what extent would it be possible to work remotely at Harmony? Would I have to move out of Germany completely for the job?

The majority of Harmony employees, contributors, and fellows work remotely and use telecommuting and collaboration tools for meeting and contributing. But again, it depends on the role to which you’re applying - if the role requires in-person engagement with the community or partners, then that changes things.

What is the application process like? What documents would I need to send for an official application? Should credentials and certificates be translated and transferred to an American format in case?

For a full time job, just follow standard application protocol which would be found on the job listing. For contributor or fellow, post on the talk forum under the income category and introduce yourself, specify what you’re looking to help with, how many hours and where they would be spent. Any LinkedIn or public documentation on your work would be helpful as well.

See our article on contributors and fellows:

Please let me know if this helps? Thanks @caiowett!

Thank you very much for the detailed reply and the answers to my questions.

As may have already become clear from my original post, I am very interested in working at Harmony. However, I would be particularly interested in the Marketing and Product Managing area as this is where I have the most experience and have noticed through various projects that I am made for this area. On the site: Your Career: To Yearn for the Vast and Endless Metaverse I found some info about offers in these job fields, but there is no concrete job posting yet.

Therefore I have a last question:
If I would like to apply for a job in the Maketing or Product Managing field now, should I wait for a concrete job offer on Harmonys job page or can I just send an application to the email address career@harmony.one.

Many thanks in advance @dpagan-harmony .