Reptilian World šŸŠ - NFT & P2E "Adventures & Reptilian Bank"

? @jbeltran itā€™s good to know why for transparency from harmony and for everyone

1 Like

I have been interested in this project the moment I saw the crocodiles. I love the designs, they are clean, and there is attention to detail. I joined the discord and discovered the devs were very responsive and active within the community of current players. We have gotten to know them in a way, and have become friends. Ask a question and they respond. Have a concern they respond, and do it quickly. Got an idea to improve the UI, let them know because they are known for implementing good ideas almost immediately. The website and implementation of features has been smooth. The launch of the minting (which almost always has problems in other projects) went smooth. They have hit their deadlines and that is also kinda rare. This project deserves to get a grant!

1 Like

Thank you for this thread. Iā€™m currently level 10 for one reptilian and iā€™m waiting for the next ! Good luck and have fun ! :clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

An explanation for the refusal @jbeltran ? You ask constructive questions but do not give constructive answers to the refusalā€¦

When we see some projects approved without any follow-up from the core team and after only 2 days and without a vote?
Is there a difference in treatment between projects?
Why say no without explanation?
On this project everything is correct and transparent, it is strange when you see the grants accepted with much less content on other projectsā€¦

I have been following this project since the beginning so I know what I am talking about

1 Like

The refusal, as I said above, itā€™s based on an internal poll.
Our voting is based on our investigation & knowledge & experience
We are working in a next step voting for the grants. Stay tuned for this.
Said that right now this process is the same for every project.
Why the project has no strong yeses, Iā€™d have to go, one by one. All of them have my personal respect.
Best,
:blue_heart:

2 Likes

You say that the vote is based on investigations etcā€¦
So where are the arguments for refusing the grant ?
This process isnā€™t same for every project ! I have an example of this on the talk ā€¦
The next steps of voting and voting improvement I think is not the point. You lack transparency, there is no explanation for the refusals. If you refused it means that there are arguments, what are these arguments?
Donā€™t be shy and explain why you refused @jbeltran

Itā€™s true that itā€™s a shame not to have the details of the refusal. This could be useful for everyone and for future projects in particular in order to improve the quality of the work.

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s not gonna be enough.
You talk about transparency, but from the start there is none.
We need to have explanation, but more than that we need comparison! Itā€™s easy to say this project doesnā€™t get the grant because X, but why did the other, less trustworthy, that never delivered anything before asking for the grant, that didnā€™t even made their mint yet got one ?
There are so many example here on the talk of projects that got the grant but were way less than this one. Be transparent about everything and every project, retro actively.
If not, how can this blockchain have any future if itā€™s that shady ? How do we know itā€™s not internal reference and sabotage ?

Is there always only three votes ? Because if yes, how can ANY project get two stron yes with only 3 voters, when there is only 1 response that count and the rest is just hidden NO ā€¦
Who votes ? You respect them but for us it could be the same person o nthree accounts rigging the systemā€¦
Will you recheck this project ? because if not, you may just have canceled it based on wrong process ā€¦

No justification or explanation? Should we give examples of grant acceptances on projects that have ruged on harmony or changed blockchain?

Should we give very recent examples of projects that have had the grant accepted without a vote or follow up by a core team member and in only a few days ?

Hello @jbeltran, weā€™re very disappointed about this decision with the poll of Harmony Core team.
As you know, our team has always worked a lot to deliver all the features as we go along, we have built a strong community with harmonauts who really trust on The Reptilian World project and our team have always heard about people feedbacks and adapt all the features with theses same feedbacks.

We decided to launch our mint & P2E during the bear market, which was a difficult decision for us, regarding to the fear of investors and crypto market krach: the Reptilian World team has always keep working and deliver all we promise - build a strong community, minting on mainnet, launching P2E ā€œAdventuresā€, launching ā€œThe Reptilian Bankā€ and additional feature to buy our $SCALE token with $ONE token.

A lot of Harmonyā€™s projects have obtained a grant and rugged / moved on another blockchain with the funds you deliver them: we are building a great community on your blockchain and we need this grant to continue our growth.

Please, reconsider your decision and make our project continue in good conditions!

3 Likes

You need a grant to continue growth? Man, are you relying on their money to build your project. Your project is DOOMED to fail unless thereā€™s outside funding. You are a beggar. We donā€™t want beggars here!

1 Like

Do you know the meaning of the word Grant ? Do you know why projects ask for it, right ?
I will try to explain quickly : it is indeed to grow and prosper. These kind of projects drive users from outside right into the Harmony blockchain. Having happy new and old users on a project means more Harmony buyers, it means the $ONE will stop its downfall, it means good coverage for the blockchain in the social media as a wholeā€¦
It seems you donā€™t understand that, and yet you apply as DAO ? Iā€™m more and more afraid for the future of this blockchain ā€¦

although opā€™s words are harsh, heā€™s true. A team which canā€™t generate its own funds and rely on outside funds is not sustainable and canā€™t go the long way at all.

1 Like

The new voting system sounds like a decent way to gauge community support for projects but thereā€™s no way it can replace meaningful internal review or transparent expert feedback for projects. Going ā€œone by oneā€ to the three voters seems like a pretty reasonable ask for the grant process overhaul. Please consider developing a standard format for feedback, e.g. a short scorecard with your key measures that the reviewers can complete, aggregate and share scores. Because at the moment the process still looks pretty under-built.

@GeorgeofEmmaInterest is off the mark again. The Reptilian World team is clearly building on their own, with their own money and time, pushing marketing, pushing the mint (even in a bear market crash with ONE struggling) to bring in new funds and sustain themselves. Theyā€™re also building a game, and as a small Harmony investor Iā€™m not eager to see VC predators come in and corporatize the project or the chain. Maybe others want Harmony to look like Solana, I do not.

Also I donā€™t think @Nordicus controls the project in any way. Based on his posts in the discord heā€™s just a player/investor/fan like many of us.

Come out and corporatize? VC investment helped build Harmony tooā€¦ you should check Harmonyā€™s crunchbase.

I didnā€™t condemn VC funding, but Iā€™m skeptical of demands that projects rely on outside financing that would dilute current investors in ways that are not organic and that may push projects in ways that may not be consistent with the spirit of the chain and community building here. Does this difference make sense?

This is a discussion about whether Harmony should fund natively (and in a non-dilutive way for what I assume are mostly small investors loyal to Harmony) vs. forcing the project to seek outside investment that is almost certainly going to bring in outside interests. As I understand it, this is one of the reasons the grant exists.

1 Like

actually Iā€™m just a fan/player/investor, and Iā€™m rather worried about this result. If this is final, it will therefore mean never to embark on a project that begins again because the funding for the project is only for friends and acquaintances, and not according to the evolution of a project.
Other than the chainā€™s low transaction cost, what makes people stay on Harmony, the token keeps dropping?

3 Likes

Any explanation for the refusal or not? @jbeltran we need to know why !
Is not serious to say just : " No. Thank you for choosing harmony"

1 Like