Rutilant Hub Validator - Newly Elected

Validator Name

Rutilant Hub (@RutilantHub)

Staking Profile

Link to Staking Profile

Commission %

2.9% until epoch 797. Then 5% as all other validators.

Infrastructure Setup

Contabo VPS L x 2 (30GB RAM, 800 GB SSD, 8 vCPU Cores)
2 Locations (Germany, Nuremberg & USA, Seattle)

About Us

My validator’s name is Rutilant Hub and I am from Chile. I have a degree in Linguistics and Literature. Before the pandemic I worked in the tourism industry, but due to Covid I was forced to quit and I had to start from zero. That’s when I learned about Crypto and its underlying tech.

I had always wanted to learn about programming and server administration, and the pandemic’s silver lining, if any, was that it allowed me to get into this world . While I was studying to take a Microsoft Azure’s test, I came across Harmony and its technology. I loved the project and it was the perfect opportunity to put into practice what I had learned.

So far Harmony has totally changed my life, and as Rutilant Hub grows (we are elected, but we are quite small at the moment), I hope to be able to dedicate myself 100% to Harmony.

One of the main features of Harmony is its wonderful community. However, as it usually happens in the tech world, the doors are open only to those who speak English, which leaves a lot of people out. That is why as a validator I have focused not only on getting involved in the global community, but also in the Hispanic community. I participate as admin in some groups and I also helped to create the Harmony subreddit in Spanish.

As a validator I’m 24/7 available for the community and I also make sure to consider my delegator’s opinions when it comes to voting Harmony’s proposals. Thank you for reading up until this point, and an even bigger thank you to our current & future delegators.

Validator Pledge

Harmony’s Effective Proof-of-Stake Validators are the backbones of the Harmony infrastructure. I/We shall pledge to constantly run an up-to-date validator, promote a decentralized validator community, and use best practices of running a validator service.

I/We have read the Terms and Concepts in detail and fully understood its purpose, possess the know-how of running this service, and know the risk-rewards to run this service. I/We fully understand Harmony’s Definitive Guide to Harmony Open Staking