5%

Infrastructure Setup

Digital Ocean Cloud VPS
2 x VPS - 16 GB RAM/8CPUs Dedicated/500GB SSD
VPS1 - San Francisco
VPS2 - New York City

About us

Introduce you and your team
My name is Tim and I have been involved with Harmony since January 2021. My background consists of 21 years active duty military (retired now); currently I teach my 3 kids school. Being fully retired has enabled me to immerse myself in the Harmony community and given me the ability to serve the community in multiple ways. During my time in Harmony I have been a moderator on the official Harmony Telegram chat; currently a moderator on the official Harmony Reddit sub and a governor on the Community DAO. My “team” consists of me and my wife; she fully supports the time I put into maintaining the validator and serving the community in my other roles. Without her support I would not be successful; she is going through breast cancer treatment and proceeds from my validator go toward the medical bills.

My journey as a validator began in March and my first elected epoch was 531 around the middle of April. I was not one of the validators to receive Binance staking and therefore have worked hard as possible at growing my validator. The community has been amazing with their support as well; over 2340 unique delegators have trusted their ONE with me and I’m thankful for each and every one! I currently (for the past few months) use my key count to strategically drop keys at epoch election time in order to pull in new validators into elected status. Decentralization is key to Harmony’s success and the more qualified validators there are the better.

Describe how you were first introduced to Harmony
My first introduction was finding ONE on Binance around the middle of January; so I bought in and found the Reddit community sub and Telegram chat. Instantly I was amazed at how great they both were to new members and how different the vibe was compared to other crypto chats! I knew right then that this was home to me and resolved to not just be a holder but to do all in my power to elevate the community and Harmony itself. I’ve been “full-time” Harmony since day 1. My approach today is no different than it was then; I’m here to stay and to do what I can to see all ONE holders realize life-changing income made possible by Harmony.

How would you do things differently?
I think all validators should have their own Snapshot governance space so they can accurately gauge their delegators’ wishes on how they should vote on governance HIP proposals. We are the voice of our delegators; and should be casting our votes in accordance with their desires.

Validator Pledge

Harmony’s Effective Proof-of-Stake Validators are the backbones of the Harmony infrastructure. I/We shall pledge to constantly run an up-to-date validator, promote a decentralized validator community, and use best practices of running a validator service.

I/We have read the Terms and Concepts in detail and fully understood its purpose, possess the know-how of running this service, and know the risk-rewards to run this service. I/We fully understand Harmony’s Definitive Guide to Harmony Open Staking

4 Likes

Yep, your commitment to supporting the community is unmatched! Keep up the good work sir! Thank you for all you do.
:fist_right::fist_left:

3 Likes

Thank you so much buddy! Excited to watch your progress with providing the community a great tool and your passion for the community is awesome!

2 Likes

Thanks, StrongMindsHold! You have done a lot and we appreciate it!

1 Like

One of the corner stones in Harmony community! Respect and appreciation!

2 Likes

You do set a great example for the rest of us. One of the very first mods I took notice to. Glad your with us!

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words! I see you are running 3 servers, you aren’t messing around!

Thanks buddy and congrats on your recent re-election!

1 Like

Thanks and I love the name! :joy: